• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

Brees is also, you know, recovering from an injury and on a generally bad team. He could be just fine next year on the Texans.

Saints are walking away next year without a restructure simply because they can't afford him.
Brees was shaky before the injury. He's been shaky the last 3 years. I've been here and can see the decline year over year. The injury didn't help. He honestly shouldn't even be playing.

Obviously the team is bad, but there are some bright spots. This years draft was pretty good, we have some good young dbs and linebackers, and a few receivers that have the potential to shine. We need to embrace the rebuild.

Tabris

Damn, it's the time where I need to concentrate all my fan energy back on to Eli Manning to ensure Team Manning success.

I'm hoping something miraculous happens to Peyton Manning but there's a chance we have the retirement conversation during the season. No way he gets benched. If the Broncos decide they want to play backup QB, he'll retire.

If only he had just a bit more strength in his arm, we would be fine as he's getting the looks and sometimes has amazing surgical drives, but it just takes one ball that loses control / spin due to lack of arm strength.

It can't just be arm strength that doing it though - as a year ago he was absolutely destroying teams at this point. It was his quad that removed all the strength in his throw during the end of the season. So it has to be maybe something still wrong with his legs too.

EDIT - I wonder where Peyton ends up. I think he could be one of the greatest OCs of all time after being the best QB of all time, but I think the money offered to be a host / panel member for one of the big networks will be too strong. Depends how much he misses the game to let it go.

Damn, it's the time where I need to concentrate all my fan energy back on to Eli Manning to ensure Team Manning success.

I'm hoping something miraculous happens to Peyton Manning but there's a chance we have the retirement conversation during the season. No way he gets benched. If the Broncos decide they want to play backup QB, he'll retire.

If only he had just a bit more strength in his arm, we would be fine as he's getting the looks and sometimes has amazing surgical drives, but it just takes one ball that loses control / spin due to lack of arm strength.

It can't just be arm strength that doing it though - as a year ago he was absolutely destroying teams at this point. It was his quad that removed all the strength in his throw during the end of the season. So it has to be maybe something still wrong with his legs too.

EDIT - I wonder where Peyton ends up. I think he could be one of the greatest OCs of all time after being the best QB of all time, but I think the money offered to be a host / panel member for one of the big networks will be too strong. Depends how much he misses the game to let it go.
I think he is really overrated in terms of conducting an offense.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He's a detriment to the team right now and only better than a handful of other QBs. It's still exciting to watch HOW he makes plays and sometimes why, though all of the INTs he's thrown this year have been his fault besides maybe the first one today.

Broncos might in fact be better right now with Brock handing off the ball 90% of the time.

Tabris

But that's all due to throw accuracy / strength issues, not football IQ.

You give Peyton Manning any of the other starting QBs arm, and he is the lead quarterback in the NFL again. Maybe beaten by Aaron Rodgers just due to Eddie Lacy but otherwise, back to elite.

Remember, last year before his quad injury, he was absolutely destroying most teams.

we play the ravens next week. i would pay almost any amount of money for jimmy harbs to be on the ravens sideline and they pound us into oblivion in san fran. it makes my heart very full just thinking about it!

we play the ravens next week. i would pay almost any amount of money for jimmy harbs to be on the ravens sideline and they pound us into oblivion in san fran. it makes my heart very full just thinking about it!

I'm sorry friend, but you're going to have to accept your victory. It is inevitable. You will ride high on the 2-win train by the end of next week. I am also sorry that when it comes, idiots will shout about how the 49ers still have a chance, as that too is inevitable.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
One thing I will give Peyton is that he's not quite as bad as it seems. These last few games have seen a lot of good passes dropped by the receivers. He's a big one, but not the only problem on the offense.

I'm sorry friend, but you're going to have to accept your victory. It is inevitable. You will ride high on the 2-win train by the end of next week. I am also sorry that when it comes, idiots will shout about how the 49ers still have a chance, as that too is inevitable.

i don't really care if we win or if we lose, but if harbaugh was on the ravens sideline as a guest of his brother, i would want them to absolutely crush us and jimmy to just start beating off at midfield after the game. fuck you jed!

#LosingWithClass

This CEO owner... huge egoistic dickbag he is. Fuck all of 49ers front office and poor management of this franchise.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/10...tion-of-jim-harbaugh-as-part-of-49ers-success

I do miss those Harbaugh-Pete Rivalry. :(

preach on brother!

This CEO owner... huge egoistic dickbag he is. Fuck all of 49ers front office and poor management of this franchise.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/10...tion-of-jim-harbaugh-as-part-of-49ers-success

I do miss those Harbaugh-Pete Rivalry. :(

That's honestly hilarious. I couldn't even be mad at that if I were a fan.

Think of all the denial there was about not liking Harbaugh. And now there's visible proof on the site on his fucking profile that nope, in fact everybody on the planet was right all along about him being an insignificant baby who never grew up beyond the grudge-holding stage of childhood.

A rich white male baby piece of shit would be admirable for effort at least if every rich white male weren't already a baby piece of shit.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Screen-Shot-2014-11-27-at-9.26.40-PM.jpg

Earlier today I suggested the same thing to a friend of mine. It just seems so possible and awesome that it has to happen. Harbaugh Bowl III: Twist! This time, they're on the same side.

Doesn't matter because Road Flacco is basically an immobile Kaep, and our defense has given up a million points this year. We're getting crushed.

I'm going to see the Ravens next two games in person, SF and Arizona, and it's going to be brutal.

I honestly believe there's a lot of guys on the team that just straight up don't like him. They either think he's "phony/fake" or they still mad at SB 49.

That just my personal opinion though and I feel like he's trying to please everyone. I rather he just turn into asshole Kobe and just make himself great and everyone will just follow in line, but the truth is even if he does try to turn into Kobe his talent level is no where of that level. The best athletes and players on our team is all on the defensive side. We need to go back to basically Russell being the ultimate game manager with a few clutch plays per game. No more turnovers, and just give us 15-2X for 200-250 yards with 1-2 TD and 0 INT.

INteresting... what gives you the impression that he's lost the lockeroom? I swear I remember some leak last year to this effect, but can't remember what it was.

Line_HTX

The_Darkest_Red, I was at the gym and was preoccupied with another Astros dominance as they won Game 3 so I didn't catch what happened. I'm really sorry that was directed at you, and that was completely irresponsible and very low that that happened. Yes, Mallet is bad, yes we have no quarterback, and yes, this defense just flat out refuses to help out Watt on pass rushes, but there's no reason for that childish reaction you received. I've been through the worst years before and I would never devolve into that, even if it's to a hateful cheating person like Bread.

Shit reminds me of that commanding officer in Gears of War 2 when you lose the round in Execution mode:
"Irresponsible. I want you to think about your mother and father and little SUZY back home and all the other people counting on you!"

I've waited 7 weeks for some benefit of the doubt, but enough is enough. It's really sad that he was being real lowly shit to other people, not just you. He's now my first legit Ignored user. I apologize on behalf of TexansGAF.

Generate

Banned
Thats unfortunate. This season must have gotten to him. Thats no excuse though. Lots of fanbases are dealing with a horrible start to the season.

Bread

Banned
The_Darkest_Red, I was at the gym and was preoccupied with another Astros dominance as they won Game 3 so I didn't catch what happened. I'm really sorry that was directed at you, and that was completely irresponsible and very low that that happened. Yes, Mallet is bad, yes we have no quarterback, and yes, this defense just flat out refuses to help out Watt on pass rushes, but there's no reason for that childish reaction you received. I've been through the worst years before and I would never devolve into that, even if it's to a hateful cheating person like Bread.

Shit reminds me of that commanding officer in Gears of War 2 when you lose the round in Execution mode:
"Irresponsible. I want you to think about your mother and father and little SUZY back home and all the other people counting on you!"

I've waited 7 weeks for some benefit of the doubt, but enough is enough. It's really sad that he was being real lowly shit to other people, not just you. He's now my first legit Ignored user. I apologize on behalf of TexansGAF.
2874776-1385.gif

Wrayfield

What the hell did you guys do again? :(

Thats unfortunate. This season must have gotten to him. Thats no excuse though. Lots of fanbases are dealing with a horrible start to the season.

I'd say this is pretty run of the mill for the Dolphins fanbase, but I can only imagine how the 49ers and Ravens fans feel. They're actually used to winning!

Tabris

If they want Peyton to be more of a game manager, he's gonna really have to cut down on those turnovers. He's gonna kill our turnover ratio

Most of the INT are him used to throwing in coverage by picking his spots right and you can tell the ball is intended there but he has an errant throw that just gets away from him.

There's also a decent amount of drop balls.

Is he throwing multiple INT's or are they just INT's at a really bad time?

He's become fond of multiple interceptions. He's gonna need to adjust on his decision making but he's on the stubborn side.

The receivers do need to stop sucking and catch the catchable balls.

I just don't want to see a repeat of what happened when we benched Plummer and went with Cutler, look how great THAT worked out for us.

INteresting... what gives you the impression that he's lost the lockeroom? I swear I remember some leak last year to this effect, but can't remember what it was.

I'm just basing off body language of the guys when either asked about him or on the sidelines like after his turnovers. Like in the past when he made mistakes the defense would come over and pat him on the back. Everyone goes and cheer him up you know lift his spirits. Now it just him and Bevell talking after turnovers. I don't think he lost the locker room i think at least 40 of the 53 guys either like or is cool with him but i think there are a few that's like whatever with him. Like they don't hate him but they aren't exactly gonna hang out on the weekends etc...

Good morning friends.

I just want to let anyone know that if they got beef with TDR, then they got beef with me. Come at me, biiiiiiiitch #GronkGronk

squicken

Looks like Tom Brady had the second lowest ESPN QBR of the week

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr/_/type/player-week

Hope there will be a PFF style explanation for that.

QBR doesn't give much weight to what goes on when the score is out of hand. It also doesn't reward QBs for short passes that receivers turn into long plays with lots of YAC. Not saying it's right, just that is why Brady scores low this week. He didn't contribute much while the game was still close

SKINNER!

Banned
Can't deal with the Lion's shittyness this year. Blame Stafford? Blame Caldwell? Blame Lombardi? Ford?! Fuck, I dunno who to blame but seeing the Lions do this poorly compared to their minor improvements in previous seasons hurts me deeply. All the fans can do now is play the blame game. I thought this franchise was improving slightly ever since the 0-16 days but fuckin hell I dunno now. Wouldn't surprise me if Tate jumps ship. Don't think we even deserve Calvin Johnson. Dude is in his prime playing alongside hot garbage. Was planning on seeing the Lions at London this November but I'd rather pay £100 to see the Jags and Bills. At least that'll be more entertaining. Gonna probably go back to watching the nfl when the Playoffs start.

Milchjon

QBR doesn't give much weight to what goes on when the score is out of hand. It also doesn't reward QBs for short passes that receivers turn into long plays with lots of YAC. Not saying it's right, just that is why Brady scores low this week. He didn't contribute much while the game was still close

Sounds like a really dumb metric to me!

I mean, what happened between "the game being close" and "the score being out of hand"? Looked like Tom Brady TDs to me.

cdyhybrid

Sounds like a really dumb metric to me!

I mean, what happened between "the game being close" and "the score being out of hand"? Looked like Tom Brady TDs to me.

You mean Tom Brady checkdowns that the receivers turned into TDs. That's why squicken is saying he scored so low :p

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Old man Manning is playing like shit sure. Still think he's better than most quarterbacks right now because most every quarterback is playing like shit also. I still think it's a down year for offense overall.

Milchjon

You mean Tom Brady checkdowns that the receivers turned into TDs. That's why squicken is saying he scored so low :p

So the only way to be a good quarterback is to throw deep and have a bad defense to keep things close?

He took what the defense gave him, with an often overmatched OL. I dunno how most QB's would fare if they were hurried within about 2 seconds on every play, but I assume not well. He put the ball where it needed to be.

Pretty much goes in the same direction as the Rodgers/PFF stuff.

If you put up 30 points, with 3 TDs and no turnovers, there's no way you should be ranked 31st in any generalizing metric worth its salt.

(I know, no one here likes QBR a lot anyway, but this just stuck out to me)

RELAYER

Banned
8M2tbkN.gif

i1jrmfY.gif

Vaughn McClure ESPN said:
Julio Jones said Matt Ryan came to him postgame and said, "Hey, did you see me run that guy over?" And how did Jones respond? "I was like, 'Um, you've got to get a little lower.' He was too high. He's not accustomed to trying to run someone over."

Gazelle mode

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Beat writers are already saying nothing will change in Detroit because the Fords love Caldwell.

This is going to be a trainwreck of a season.

Top Bottom