• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

Up 24-7 and lose.

Up whatever the fuck it was in the SB and lose.

Up whatever the fuck it was on the Rams and lose.

Up 10 against the Lions and almost lost if it wasn't for Kam's miracle punch.

I FEEL LIKE SHIT!

You can pull a Wienke and just start watching animu to drown your sorrows, Of course, once you go animu you can't leave.

Draxal

Jeff Fisher tried to hire him, but Ryan quit when the Saints job came open. They all hire their friends, so when they get fired and their friends get jobs, the favor is returned

One of the reasons I really like Chip. Coordinators who had Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady are not choices that change organizations.

I like McAdoo a ton, and he came through the Packers org.

Euron

Played alittle of the battlefront beta and Brehs im in. "The ambience" simply amazing. I never played the original games
I datamined the game and apparently in addition to Luke and Vader there's Eli, Brady, Rodgers, Romo, and Goodell. No sign of Peyton. And I'm really disappointed because apparently there are only 4 divisions in the base game but 2 more are coming the first week as DLC.

Draxal

Not trying to be a jerk, but I'd rather have Gilbride and ODB than McAdoo and no ODB

ODB is great, but the Giants have had a healthy Nicks, Burress and Cruz with stronger olines under Gilbride.

I think Gilbride gets too much hate from Giants fans, but his offense needs an average to strong oline, and McAdoos doesn't.

Not trying to be a jerk, but I'd rather have Gilbride and ODB than McAdoo and no ODB

No No No, As much as respect KG for the 2 SB and all the wins, the Giants needed a change, Eli gets rid of the ball so fast now, it's great, Eli's footwork is improved, KG let him throw off his back foot, I see a better Eli under McAdoo..

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think Monday night is going to continue the streak of genuinely enjoyable football despite looking like balls on paper.

squicken

ODB is great, but the Giants have had a healthy Nicks, Burress and Cruz with stronger olines under Gilbride.

I think Gilbride gets too much hate from Giants fans, but his offense needs an average to strong oline, and McAdoos doesn't.

No No No, As much as respect KG for the 2 SB and all the wins, the Giants needed a change, Eli gets rid of the ball so fast now, it's great, Eli's footwork is improved, KG let him throw off his back foot, I see a better Eli under McAdoo..

You guys would know more than me, of course. The move away from the iso routes to the short passing game definitely was the right move. I want to say it helped Ben a lot, but then Palmer is thriving with Arians and the long throws. I miss PFF's charting on air yards and time to throw

Boy, that's comparing two very different offensive mindsets. I think the Giants brought in the right guy to help bring the offense back up to speed. The west coast style offense we're running right now is conducive to an average/good pass blocking/sub-par run blocking line. The dump off passes are as good as a run to get you into 3rd and manageable. Especially for an offensive line that is still learning continuity. Even more so for the Giants in the running game where most of the yardage we amass is in RAC. This is not a good run blocking line yet. It has, however become a pretty good pass blocking group but the work McAdoo has done with Eli to get the ball out faster plays into that in a very real way.

manfestival

avmtBFW.png

pretty much expected this

I've seen some discussion on Reddit, and the statistics to back it, that Russell Wilson would appear to have developed a psychological aversion to short passing routes since the Super Bowl. That is to say... he's playing scared/shook. I dunno, but r/seahawks seem convinced that something psychological isn't right with him.

@MikeSullivan
Golden Tate on fans: "I felt like at times our fan base turned their back on us. We expect them to be w/ us better next week. We need them."

lmao "we haven't given up YOU HAVEEEEEEEEEEE"

I've seen some discussion on Reddit, and the statistics to back it, that Russell Wilson would appear to have developed a psychological aversion to short passing routes since the Super Bowl. That is to say... he's playing scared/shook. I dunno, but r/seahawks seem convinced that something psychological isn't right with him.

I honestly believe there's a lot of guys on the team that just straight up don't like him. They either think he's "phony/fake" or they still mad at SB 49.

That just my personal opinion though and I feel like he's trying to please everyone. I rather he just turn into asshole Kobe and just make himself great and everyone will just follow in line, but the truth is even if he does try to turn into Kobe his talent level is no where of that level. The best athletes and players on our team is all on the defensive side. We need to go back to basically Russell being the ultimate game manager with a few clutch plays per game. No more turnovers, and just give us 15-2X for 200-250 yards with 1-2 TD and 0 INT.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
A lot of it is that his offensive line is terrrrrrible. Same with kaep to be honest; he started to look like a real qb again after realizing that the Giants have zero pass rush. Same with most of the other really awful QB play this season, lack of good OL.

Giants dedicated the game and saved the game ball for Daniel Fells tonight.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...e=twitter.com&utm_campaign=RVacchiano+Twitter

Daniel Fells, who could lose his foot with a MRSA infection, gets the game ball from Sunday night.
Tom Coughlin stepped to the podium following his team's 30-27 victory over the 49ers Sunday night and wasted no words expressing relief in picking up a win in a game that was dedicated to ailing tight end Daniel Fells.

"Thank God we were able to get him a game ball," Coughlin said. "That was some football game there tonight."

Fells, 32, missed the game as he stayed in a local hospital to be treated for a MRSA infection. He has been hospitalized for more than a week, and Coughlin last visited the veteran in his room Saturday at 7:30 a.m. Coughlin noted that Fells was keeping his spirits up, sitting upright, with his wife, and smiling at the time. He was placed on injured reserve last week, and tight end Larry Donnell believed that Fells was watching him from afar as he caught the game-winning touchdown in the back of the end zone with 26 seconds left against the 49ers.

"To have a guy from his room come up there and make that catch at the end of the game," Coughlin said, "that was incredible."

Coughlin and the team dedicated the game to Fells beforehand. Fells, now in his eighth season, had offered the offense a veteran presence as he caught six balls for 60 yards in the season's first three games. He was the best all-around option at tight end, solid in blocking and receiving. Coughlin noted that Fells had his first full night's sleep Friday into Saturday, and that he slept well again the next night.

MRIs had come back clean in recent days. The NFL Network previously reported he underwent multiple surgeries on his foot.

Line_HTX

Old men getting it done: Starting QBs with no picks: Brady, Vick, Hasslebald.

I fucking hate you.

>:p

Welcome to the club. Baltimore Larry just pulled a Golden Yesera! That fucker! I haven't really played lately but I got into it like 2 months ago.

Yeah, well I crafted a Golden Sneed's Old Shredder, BIAAATCH!

Played since last August, and I don't know what to craft. I have too much dust sitting around. I have almost everything, but I've been playing less and less as the months go by.

They'll part ways with Brees after Payton jumps ship in the offseason.
If rather Payton stay and work with the young QB we drafted who can actually get the ball down the field. McCown ran Payton's offense to perfection when he started and if our main receiver wasn't a midget we may have won that game.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Brees is also, you know, recovering from an injury and on a generally bad team. He could be just fine next year on the Texans.

Saints are walking away next year without a restructure simply because they can't afford him.

Top Bottom