• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

Draxal

There's always a chance but come on. Let's not overestimate what we are here. I like that we're playing above our station and I love that we're in every game but I won't believe that we're more than what we are at the moment.

I'm not overestimating, just saying it was a complete shock that the Giants beat them down in Green Bay like that, don't act like it was a huge upset after Green Bay won the super bowl the previous year.

I don't enjoy watching murder.

That's why it's funny to hear people say "this will or won't happen in the playoffs"; especially in a season riddled with major injuries. All it takes is an injury to completely change the dynamics of a team or freak plays no one can anticipate. I enjoy hyperbole and joking as much as the next guy in here, but every game needs to be played and with over half a season still left a lot can happen.

Let's not get carried away. A lot can still happen in the season, but the Ravens and Dolphins will not win a division, and the Lions, Bears, and 49ers will not make the playoffs. Just because it's about week 6, don't act like some people's seasons already aren't over.

I'm not overestimating, just saying it was a complete shock that the Giants beat them down in Green Bay like that, don't act like it was a huge upset after Green Bay won the super bowl the previous year.
Of course it was! I never said otherwise but don't act like that means fuck all in 2015. You said it yourself, we just don't have the horses. I mean, I want to believe. Don't get me wrong. There's always the chance and that's that carries us week in and week out. :)

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Can we talk about how terrible the 49er defense was and admit the offense was pretty good this week? Anyways, did they even hit Manning more than a couple times? Dude had a clean pocket most of the time and his receivers were RIDICULOUSLY open. It looked like a college defense out there in the secondary. Eli got to choose between multiple receivers who didn't have anyone within 3 yards on most plays. How about blitzing if you aren't getting pressure and the receivers are open anyways.

smh.

bionic77

Bell and Brown got this shit tomorrow.

Vick only needed a full week of practice and now he will know to throw to the best receiver in the game.

Bell going to run wild and Bryant going to deliver the dagger.

If only we can get Shazier and Ben back on the field we will be unstoppable.

We got this game and KC will find a way to let us win that one too. They did it for Jay why not us?

Let's not get carried away. A lot can still happen in the season, but the Ravens and Dolphins will not win a division, and the Lions, Bears, and 49ers will not make the playoffs. Just because it's about week 6, don't act like some people's seasons already aren't over.

I'm talking in context of teams like the Giants who still have the capability of winning their divisions and making the playoffs, and presumed favorites running the risk any given Sunday of major injury ala Brady, Rodgers, Gronkowski in year's past. I doubt even the most optimistic can make a logical case for dumpster fires like the Texans or Lions.

Can we talk about how terrible the 49er defense was and admit the offense was pretty good this week? Anyways, did they even hit Manning more than a couple times? Dude had a clean pocket most of the time and his receivers were RIDICULOUSLY open. It looked like a college defense out there in the secondary. Eli got to choose between multiple receivers who didn't have anyone within 3 yards on most plays. How about blitzing if you aren't getting pressure and the receivers are open anyways.

smh.

Giants defense suck too, they let Colin Montana move the ball at will in the second half..

squicken

smh.

Catch the ball! All your DBs need to do is catch the ball and it's a win. When two not good teams play each other, it's all down to the gods of fuckery, and whether they smile upon you. Your team isn't going to get the fuckery this year, just the D

cdyhybrid

They looked like crap to me. I'm actually a huge Cal fan (alumni and all that)...at this point Goff would be eaten alive by NFL defenses. Anyone who things otherwise is delusional. We won't talk about Kaep getting dismissed after a 4INT game (after never being a volume INT thrower).

You do realize that he won't be throwing the ball nearly as much in the pros and that at least one of the INTs wasn't his fault, right?

Your entire argument seems to be that he can't play in the NFL because he threw 5 INTs in a game once.

smh.

Eric Mangini doing his magic!

JCizzle

pi-harbaugh-smile-123014.vresize.1200.675.high.65.jpg
😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞

bionic77

Eli once again proving he is elite with a competent oline...

... And all-world receiver.
Eli is a damn good player but don't use this game as an example.

The Niners defense is complete trash.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015092009/2015/REG2/49ers@steelers#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000534070&tab=recap

We could have scored 60 on them WITHOUT BELL AND BRYANT. We did that with DHB and some other scrubs at wide receiver (plus Brown I admit).

The Giants should have blown the Niners out.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
You do realize that he won't be throwing the ball nearly as much in the pros and that at least one of the INTs wasn't his fault, right?

Your entire argument seems to be that he can't play in the NFL because he threw 5 INTs in a game once.

ffs I just jumped in when someone said he should replace Kaep because that is just dumb at this point. I think he can play in the NFL but I'm not sure how good he'll be. He has a long ways to go. As for not throwing it as much...I'm not so sure...so many QBs throwing 40+ times a game and it looks to only be on the increase.

welp, in some ways i enjoy being blown out more than a heart breaker but i was encouraged by our offense this game. kap came out of his shell a bit. i still dont think he played great but i mean you put up 27 points you expect to win that game and he had no turnovers. played his best game of the season and made some really nice throws. he played poorly in the first half but overall thumbs up for kap.

our oline was shaky. overall i think they played decent but just too many breakdowns allowing free rushers in. on the 2nd to last play wtf was boone doing!? came right in on kap! i know its unlikely we get into fg range anyways but come on

i already knew we would lose when we left so much time on the clock but you have to score when you can score. was hoping we'd get a patented eli int served up to us and we did but brock just couldn't pull it in (and you need to fucking pull that in)

oh well!

ShaneB

Missed the crazy 3:50 - 4:30 finishes as I was commuting over to family for Thanksgiving dinner.

Missed some craziness it seems.

Chiefs losing in terrible fashion. Was hardly checked into the game as I was focused on RedZone. Figured it was a lock for a win and see they ended up losing when I was checking scores. Just finished watching the condensed 4th quarter. The offence was already dull and drab, and without JC it becomes near impossible to find any excitement. Smith and Reid combo is a complete bore. Put in Chase Daniel for a spark.

Go Blue Jays.

cdyhybrid

ffs I just jumped in when someone said he should replace Kaep because that is just dumb at this point. I think he can play in the NFL but I'm not sure how good he'll be. He has a long ways to go.

Agreed, why replace Kaep and ruin your chance at the #1 pick? It's not a deep QB class this year, need to make sure you can get the guy you need.

As for not throwing it as much...I'm not so sure...so many QBs throwing 40+ times a game and it looks to only be on the increase.

If you're asking your rookie QB to throw it 40+ times a game you're probably going to be losing. A lot.

Uh, so a fan was shot in the head outside of the Cowboys stadium.

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/highl...ead-just-outside-of-the-cowboys-patriots-game

"A fight in Lot 10 after Pats - Cowboys gm @ATTStadium. Victim shot in the head. Serious condition. Not fatal pic.twitter.com/dD1rfkryp7"

"Per eye witness, suspect was egged on by a crowd of people to kill the victim. #shooting #attstadium" - @clarencehilljr

That's fucking awful. Scummy ass people if that's true.

squicken

-Chip may have overpaid for Maxwell, but paying him $10m and not having Cary Williams is a decision I bet Schneider wishes he made. He can't be deployed like Darrell Revis, but he's a solid CB. Not a liability

-Herremans, Williams, Boykin. Chip at least knew who sucked. Bradford/Foles different shade of poop. Shady is better than Murray but then Shady is also being really really careful about getting his hamstring 100% right now. Mathews was a good signing and needs most of the reps

-Saints are awful. Brees is done and Payton seemed to not care enough to really hate Rob Ryan as much as he should

Maxim726X

Jesus. Disgusting behavior, thankfully he's alive.

He's alive but in critical condition.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2015/10/one-person-shot-near-att-stadium.html/

A man was critically injured after a fight broke out in an AT&T Stadium parking lot on Sunday night, police said.

Two Arlington police officers were alerted to a fight in Lot 10, near East Randol Mill Road and North Collins Street, about 8:20 p.m., police spokesman Christopher Cook said.

As they arrived, they heard a single shot and found a man in his early 40s with a gunshot wound, he said. The man was transported in critical, life-threatening condition to Medical Center Arlington but has since been flown to another hospital because of the seriousness of his injuries, Cook said.

The suspect in the shooting was transported to another area hospital with a leg injury that police believe may have happened as he attempting to flee the scene.

He has been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and will be booked into jail after he is released from the hospital. Officers are guarding him.

Cook said officers are investigating what led up to the fight. They are unsure if the men knew each other and said they “might have been tailgating for a while.”

-Chip may have overpaid for Maxwell, but paying him $10m and not having Cary Williams is a decision I bet Schneider wishes he made. He can't be deployed like Darrell Revis, but he's a solid CB. Not a liability

-Herremans, Williams, Boykin. Chip at least knew who sucked. Bradford/Foles different shade of poop. Shady is better than Murray but then Shady is also being really really careful about getting his hamstring 100% right now. Mathews was a good signing and needs most of the reps

-Saints are awful. Brees is done and Payton seemed to not care enough to really hate Rob Ryan as much as he should

Don't understand how rob has a job. Seems like Rex got the defense gene

squicken

Don't understand how rob has a job. Seems like Rex got the defense gene

Jeff Fisher tried to hire him, but Ryan quit when the Saints job came open. They all hire their friends, so when they get fired and their friends get jobs, the favor is returned

One of the reasons I really like Chip. Coordinators who had Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady are not choices that change organizations.

Top Bottom