• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
20151012_0659138xpai.jpg

SKINNER!

Banned
Beat writers are already saying nothing will change in Detroit because the Fords love Caldwell.

This is going to be a trainwreck of a season.

Well, I mean, how long did Schwartz last? Lol. I'm not saying there should be a revolving doors for coaches but Schwartz overstayed as coach IMO. Shame it'll be the same with Caldwell.

Wrayfield

So the only way to be a good quarterback is to throw deep and have a bad defense to keep things close?

He took what the defense gave him, with an often overmatched OL. I dunno how most QB's would fare if they were hurried within about 2 seconds on every play, but I assume not well. He put the ball where it needed to be.

Pretty much goes in the same direction as the Rodgers/PFF stuff.

If you put up 30 points, with 3 TDs and no turnovers, there's no way you should be ranked 31st in any generalizing metric worth its salt.

(I know, no one here likes QBR a lot anyway, but this just stuck out to me)

I ignore those ranking entirely. It's painful to admin but your O is clicking. I don't care if you throw 5 yards or 50 so long as it works.

The_Darkest_Red, I was at the gym and was preoccupied with another Astros dominance as they won Game 3 so I didn't catch what happened. I'm really sorry that was directed at you, and that was completely irresponsible and very low that that happened. Yes, Mallet is bad, yes we have no quarterback, and yes, this defense just flat out refuses to help out Watt on pass rushes, but there's no reason for that childish reaction you received. I've been through the worst years before and I would never devolve into that, even if it's to a hateful cheating person like Bread.

Shit reminds me of that commanding officer in Gears of War 2 when you lose the round in Execution mode:
"Irresponsible. I want you to think about your mother and father and little SUZY back home and all the other people counting on you!"

I've waited 7 weeks for some benefit of the doubt, but enough is enough. It's really sad that he was being real lowly shit to other people, not just you. He's now my first legit Ignored user. I apologize on behalf of TexansGAF.
Haha, thanks buddy but it's no big deal. I kind of brought it on myself to some degree. Either way Texans-GAF and Dolphins-GAF should be united, we both root for suck teams. :(

Striker

Some injuries to look out for in next week's game for NYG vs PHI.

Devon Kennard, Jonathan Casillas
Odell Beckham, Rueben Randle, Justin Pugh

Pugh has stated he will absolutely play. So did Beckham. Of course it's easy to say that post-game rather than on a Wednesday or Thursday later that week.

Dragon

Banned
Took Tabris quite a while to realize Manning is getting old.

Did you know he has a big ass head too?

Manning will be retired and Tabris will still be crowing that it's not Peyton's fault.

You mean Tom Brady checkdowns that the receivers turned into TDs. That's why squicken is saying he scored so low :p

Pretty sure you didn't watch the game. Brady averaged 10 yards per pass attempt. He had some beauties.

I think he scored low because he got sacked a bunch of times. Pretty sure QBR cares about that.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Stafford is the worst kind of QB because he is just good enough not to be easily considered shit tier. So it's harder to just yank him as he isn't immediately replaceable nor will he lose out to some league journeyman in the preseason for his job.

Yet you know he's never gonna consistently be a top 10 QB which you need to really win over the long haul in this league.

Do a lesson on the history of the Cleveland Browns. Get those kids started right

Will do BG after I follow the teacher's itinerary.

After science and math, let me tell about how Franco Harris was a bitch compared to Jim Brown and how Terry Bradshaw was a yahoo who was worse than the duck dynasty player.

squicken

Manning will be retired and Tabris will still be crowing that it's not Peyton's fault.

Pretty sure you didn't watch the game. Brady averaged 10 yards per pass attempt. He had some beauties.

I think he scored low because he got sacked a bunch of times. Pretty sure QBR cares about that.

Yeah. Forgot about the sacks. Stat heads put sacks on the QB. QBR is kind of like a mix of EPA and WPA which only ESPN knows the recipe of.

Skele7on

Banned
Lions season continues to be the most exciting destruction of a decent team ever.

Stafford unforgivable, but Lombardi needs to goooooo.

Also if Caldwell could grow a pair so we could win a game, his post game conferences depress me more than the absolutely disgustingly amateur hour performances of the last five weeks.

Sure the seahawks game was a bit of a kicker, but seahawks aren't playing to the level they did last year, we should have beaten them even with them getting that lucky no call.

rando14

Will do BG after I follow the teacher's itinerary.

After science and math, let me tell about how Franco Harris was a bitch compared to Jim Brown and how Terry Bradshaw was a yahoo who was worse than the duck dynasty player.

Teach them how I was the first member of Browns gaf to support Duke Johnson AND Gary Barnburner Barnidge

My boys!! Not BG's boys, MY boys

EDIT: Dwayne Bowe is clearly BG's boy ....

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
So the only way to be a good quarterback is to throw deep and have a bad defense to keep things close?

He took what the defense gave him, with an often overmatched OL. I dunno how most QB's would fare if they were hurried within about 2 seconds on every play, but I assume not well. He put the ball where it needed to be.

Pretty much goes in the same direction as the Rodgers/PFF stuff.

If you put up 30 points, with 3 TDs and no turnovers, there's no way you should be ranked 31st in any generalizing metric worth its salt.

(I know, no one here likes QBR a lot anyway, but this just stuck out to me)

Pretty much. You can push your coke bottle lens up and drone on and on about the numbers and whatever else, but if your completely made-up stat system is grading QBs who have had a stellar performance with zero turnovers as the bottom of the league, well, the shit is broken. A smart QB is going to have games where they dink-and-dunk. Some teams are just soft in the flats and in the middle. Some aren't.

Where is the rating for not being a complete fucktard? Drew Brees throwing a completely meaningless TD into double coverage got him some nice PFF/QBR points, but why? Does anybody think if the game was on the line that they corner and safety would have just basically walked the receiver into the end zone?

PFF and QBR are basically pyramid schemes that have power fantasy players by the testicles.

/rant

@Justin_Rogers

On Corey Redding's interception, Arians said the d-line coach identified it and called it out from the sidelines.

@Stareagle

@Justin_Rogers When I asked that follow-up, you could see the light go on in his eyes. He wasn't going to bury Caldwell.

:jnc

I knew that was a screen the second the play developed.

BTW yesterday Caldwell called Stafford's Seattle performance one of his best ever. 3 points, ladies and gentlemen. Caldwell needs to go.

j-wood

I would rather the Titans just be in blow out losses. It's way worse when you seemingly have a good NFL team for 3 quarters that completely shit the bed in the 4th, 3 weeks in a row.

It's 3rd and 26. HOW DO YOU LET TYROD RUN FOR FUCKING 30 YARDS.

Skele7on

Banned
I didn't watch the game.

How bad was Stafford?

So bad, if he'd stayed on we'd maybe had at least 12 INT's

I would rather the Titans just be in blow out losses. It's way worse when you seemingly have a good NFL team for 3 quarters that completely shit the bed in the 4th, 3 weeks in a row.

It's 3rd and 26. HOW DO YOU LET TYROD RUN FOR FUCKING 30 YARDS.

I miss when the lions used to be the cardiac cats, now we're dead on arrival, call us Cecil.

eznark

Banned
At least QBR uses a (broken and useless) formula. PFF just lets kids "grade" each play arbitrarily then totals up the grades.

bionic77

At least QBR uses a (broken and useless) formula. PFF just lets kids "grade" each play arbitrarily then totals up the grades.
I would love to see a comparison between PFF's grades and analysis and that of a real NFL team. No team wants to share that info but maybe from like 8 years ago just to see if PFF knows what they are doing or are just making up shit.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Stay classy, Cowboys fans...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...dium-dallas-cowboys-new-england-patriots-game

ARLINGTON, Texas -- A man was shot and critically injured during an altercation at a tailgate party in a parking lot outside the stadium where the Dallas Cowboys and New England Patriots played on Sunday, police said.

Arlington police spokesman Christopher Cook said officers were alerted to a fight in a parking lot of the NFL stadium. They heard a gunshot as they arrived and found a man in his early 40s injured. The man was transported to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. He was later flown by helicopter to a hospital in Fort Worth for treatment.

The suspected shooter apparently fell while attempting to flee, was injured and was also taken to the hospital, Cook said. The suspect was charged with assault with a deadly weapon and will be jailed once he is released from the hospital.

The incident happened about 90 minutes after the game had ended, but many fans remained and there were numerous witnesses, Cook said.

"There were still a lot of people who were tailgating after the game," he said.

The Cowboys lost the game to the Patriots. The Texas Rangers were also playing at the time in Game 3 of the ALDS against the Toronto Blue Jays on the other side of the grounds.

Cook said the cause of the fight was not immediately known. The identities of the two men have not been released.

And...

fe6CJo5.png

Tear it all down.

That's all I can say right now. I stopped caring after Week 2, but it's clear Stafford, Megatron, Caldwell, etc. will be able to do nothing this season and 0-16 Part 2 is likely.

But there's one overall problem, and it's the one thing we can't do anything about. The Ford family owns this team and will never sell. They will continue to value loyalty over anything else, including winning.

This team will never get better until the Fords are forced out of the owner's box. I don't think that'll happen in my lifetime.

bionic77

Stay classy, Cowboys fans...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...dium-dallas-cowboys-new-england-patriots-game

ARLINGTON, Texas -- A man was shot and critically injured during an altercation at a tailgate party in a parking lot outside the stadium where the Dallas Cowboys and New England Patriots played on Sunday, police said.

Arlington police spokesman Christopher Cook said officers were alerted to a fight in a parking lot of the NFL stadium. They heard a gunshot as they arrived and found a man in his early 40s injured. The man was transported to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. He was later flown by helicopter to a hospital in Fort Worth for treatment.

The suspected shooter apparently fell while attempting to flee, was injured and was also taken to the hospital, Cook said. The suspect was charged with assault with a deadly weapon and will be jailed once he is released from the hospital.

The incident happened about 90 minutes after the game had ended, but many fans remained and there were numerous witnesses, Cook said.

"There were still a lot of people who were tailgating after the game," he said.

The Cowboys lost the game to the Patriots. The Texas Rangers were also playing at the time in Game 3 of the ALDS against the Toronto Blue Jays on the other side of the grounds.

Cook said the cause of the fight was not immediately known. The identities of the two men have not been released.

And...

fe6CJo5.png
I really have to stay away from this post and anything related to this news story....

bionic77

You think Detroit going to shop Megatron? I think he would fit in Baltimore
Bad fit for Baltimore.

Flacco needs a speed guy to throw bombs too.

What is Johnson good at now? I feel like he is a possession receiver and redzone threat and that is not worth a lot of money nor any draft picks of substance.

Best bet would be trade him to a stupid team.

eznark

Banned
I mean...this is just pathetic

https://www.profootballfocus.com/bl...an-was-the-problem-in-chicago-not-jay-cutler/

McCown had been out of football a couple of times before catching on with the Bears as a backup to Caleb Hanie once Jay Cutler went down hurt. Haine was a disaster starting, and so McCown came in and subsequently put together probably the greatest seven-game stretch of his life to end the season and convince people that Trestman was a quarterback genius. The fact that he had failed to get any kind of viable production out of Hanie was ignored, and instead the wonders he produced with McCown became the center of attention.

Caleb Hanie was cut after the 2011 season, never played for Marc Trestman and obviously was never a "disaster starting" for Chicago in 2013...since he hadn't been with the organization since 2011.

Looks like I was wrong about cutting Megatron. If we cut or trade him at the end of this season we eat 13mil in dead cap money. If we do it after June 1st 2016 the 13mil can be spread between two years. However if we cut or trade him in 2017 the cap hit is only 5mil.

SKINNER!

Banned
You can tell that Golden Tate wants out of the Lions. Probably knows his career will go sour in the Lions just like Sanders and - sadly - Calvin Johnson's. Lions just don't give a fuck about anything anymore.

Top Bottom