• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

jbug617

Banned
HAHAHHA I lost it way before last year.

bartclassics12.jpg

I mean, Greg Hardy is a mentally deranged man.

We knew that before he started throwing women into piles of guns. There's a reason a guy with his talent was only a 6th round pick.

bionic77

JNA pls

Animus can't call anyone sissies.

Ben didn't put up big-time,record-breaking numbers consistently until he had a line though. And a top-3 RB. And the best receiver in football.
True but he could still up close to 20 points literally by himself even with a garbo line and no running game.

Wussle can't even go on the big rides at six flags. He is as close to achieving that as he is to getting on Bens level.

squicken

So a book that I've recommended many times, Collision Low Crossers, about the Jets 2011 season, talked about how the Jets defense would brutalize the offense in practice. Cro and Revis would rough up the WRs, and Rex allowed it b/c he wanted his defense to be great. The effect of this, of course, was that the offense couldn't get meaningful reps in practice b/c the timing was constantly off

Philbin was right to tell his defense to back off. The offense is struggling, and the DBs are a stronger unit than the WRs. What's the point of playing all out and shutting down the offense in practice? They are supposed to be a team, trying to help each other win. Philbin's error, and obviously he sucked at leadership, was in not making it clear to the defense that they needed to dial it down

I guess something to look forward to is Sammy Watkins having a career revival once he gets away from Rex Ryan's practices

So a book that I've recommended many times, Collision Low Crossers, about the Jets 2011 season, talked about how the Jets defense would brutalize the offense in practice. Cro and Revis would rough up the WRs, and Rex allowed it b/c he wanted his defense to be great. The effect of this, of course, was that the offense couldn't get meaningful reps in practice b/c the timing was constantly off

Philbin was right to tell his defense to back off. The offense is struggling, and the DBs are a stronger unit than the WRs. What's the point of playing all out and shutting down the offense in practice? They are supposed to be a team, trying to help each other win. Philbin's error, and obviously he sucked at leadership, was in not making it clear to the defense that they needed to dial it down

I guess something to look forward to is Sammy Watkins having a career revival once he gets away from Rex Ryan's practices

Also what might get lost in all the reporting is that it was a walk through not a regular practice and I really need to read that book, it's in my kindle but I just don't have the time.

bionic77

Today is DMczaf's birthday.

What gift should NFL-GAF give to him?
TMac jersey (with some dirty ass footprints on the back).

I see nothing wrong with what Hardy said. He is just trying to be friendly to another con. Criminals and crooks gotta stick together.

BigAT

I will off myself if we lose to Eli in the Super Bowl again

Win/win.

The comparison occurred to me as well while reading about the Tannehill stuff. But even if you are of the belief that the defense going all out practice can have a negative effect on the offense (which I don't necessarily agree with), in that scenario it was Sanchez going against the league's best defense and a pair of elite cornerbacks, including Revis who was known to play like a mad man during practice.

Everything that was reported about Tannehill was that he was floundering and losing confidence against practice squad members. If you are intimidated and thrown off by those players, what hope can you possibly have against a real NFL defense? I don't think coddling is the answer at that point.

Those great eagles Ds buddy would let them just kill the offense. Golic has said fist fights would break out all the time cause the d would hit Randall so hard in practice.

squicken

@BigAT Yeah seems to be some confusing reporting. Walkthrough but the defense was going all out? But Tanny getting testy in regular practice vs practice squad? Pretty clear the coach had lost that team

Those great eagles Ds buddy would let them just kill the offense. Golic has said fist fights would break out all the time cause the d would hit Randall so hard in practice.

Was one of the big reasons I hated the Pettine hire. In the Jets book he was odds with Ryan on how Rex coddled Sanchez, which Rex did. But I never read anything from anyone in that book, aside from Bill Calahan, who made me think he understood offense. And Calahan was "just" the OL coach

Top Bottom