• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

Crisco

Banned
Pro Football Focus ranks Oher 96th among 106 tackles. He's given up seven quarterback hurries and two sacks, and has a grade of minus-9.4 on run blocking.

Kinda surprised because he hasn't looked that bad from watching the games. Granted, you can get away with a turnstile at left tackle if the rest of the line is solid, especially with a mobile QB. Still, 7 hurries and 2 sacks (both of those were in week 1) isn't terrible over 4 games. Gonna be interesting to see if our rookie rotates in more at left or right tackle when he comes back, Remmers has been really solid on the right side, even stonewalled Watt for most of that game against the Texans.

Line_HTX

AhJuecJ.gif

Drunk Broncos girl and and unamused old Raiders fan.

Fantomex

Kinda surprised because he hasn't looked that bad from watching the games. Granted, you can get away with a turnstile at left tackle if the rest of the line is solid, especially with a mobile QB. Still, 7 hurries and 2 sacks (both of those were in week 1) isn't terrible over 4 games. Gonna be interesting to see if our rookie rotates in more at left or right tackle when he comes back, Remmers has been really solid on the right side, even stonewalled Watt for most of that game against the Texans.

Sandra Bullock is gonna have to teach him again.

Line_HTX

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

squicken

look at this shit, he knows he's fucking it up before he even releases the ball.
lten8bl.jpg

He is one of the least confidence inspiring QBs I have ever seen. I really think he thought he was just going to sign for Dallas and sit on the bench, collecting a check

jmdajr

He is one of the least confidence inspiring QBs I have ever seen. I really think he thought he was just going to sign for Dallas and sit on the bench, collecting a check

lol. Like being in class and pleading to God not to be called on by the teacher.

Crisco

Banned
You know, you'd think that by now some team would take advantage of the huge shift towards passing offenses and defenses geared towards stopping them by building an offense entirely around a power run game. You've got most of the league playing 230 pound linebackers and 250 pound defensive ends all trying to pressure the QB or cover receivers out of the backfield. An offense with nothing but blocking tight ends, giant wide receivers, and a pure run blocking offensive line should be able to win at least 8 games. Basically Paul Johnson's GT offense at the NFL level. It just seems like a better option than constantly playing QB roulette in the draft and getting burned.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
You know, you'd think that by now some team would take advantage of the huge shift towards passing offenses and defenses geared towards stopping them by building an offense entirely around a power run game. You've got most of the league playing 230 pound linebackers and 250 pound defensive ends all trying to pressure the QB or cover receivers out of the backfield. An offense with nothing but blocking tight ends, giant wide receivers, and a pure run blocking offensive line should be able to win at least 8 games. Basically Paul Johnson's GT offense at the NFL level. It just seems like a better option than constantly playing QB roulette in the draft and getting burned.

ok and then what do you do when the other team puts 8 or 9 in the box and you get no gain every play and no QB to beat them over the top?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
ok and then what do you do when the other team puts 8 or 9 in the box and you get no gain every play and no QB to beat them over the top?

The Cleveland Browns.

Although McCown has been slanging, our offense was supposed to be based more on running the ball down the opposing teams throat and using playaction effectively.

Instead of completely abandoning the run like we are now and substituting it with short passes to the RB.

Crisco

Banned

Well, the idea is that you'd still be able to run the ball against the 8 or 9 fronts because of a massive personnel advantage. You're not spending money or high draft picks on a QB or big name wide receivers, just run blockers and running backs which are dirt cheap these days so you should be able to get the best ones. Again, you're not trying to win every game, but I think you'd do better than the teams trying to run a normal offense with a shit QB which is more than half the league these days.

Spinluck

Weeden sucked balls so bad with his cannon check down arm in an attempt to fool me into thinking the Pats have A defense. I'm not buying it.

Do you think Luck will actually do good against this D

Or will Belichick find guys oooff the street who can shut down Hilton.

Top Bottom