• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

Cardinals, biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch! The NFC West Overlords now have won 7 in a row over the kittens ;)

Well, nothing unexpected happened here unless you were as delusional as Kas and FMT. Actually, taking Fatford out of the game was surprising and I can't think of a more official admittance that your team was wrecked than benching your clear starter because of how badly he's getting bodied. This team has put up over 40 points 3 out of the 5 games we've played and I don't give a shit what teams we played, that's crazy and no one else is doing it. Besides, we all know GB is a contender and they only managed to put 17 on the same Niners team we dropped 47 on. They also scored in the twenties I believe against the same Bears D we put 48 on. My point here is that the quality of the teams we are playing does not invalidate what we're doing as a team. Besides, so many pundits want to crown the Chickens out west and they had to cheat to beat the lowly Lions and barely managed the win even doing so ;) We are completely and utterly blowing bad teams out, you couldn't ask for more from a good or great team. 190 pts in 5 games? I'll take that shit any year!

We had a wonderful day running on the ground and with our D, Palmer didn't have to throw much. Hell, we beat them down so thoroughly that the coach getting flack for leaving Palmer in too long in other blow outs benched him to rest while Stanton finished the game. For a low stat sheet, 11 for 14, 161 yards and 3 TDs looks pretty good. Palmer is now tied with Rodgers in leading the league in passing TDs though Brady would likely be in the equation if he didn't have a bye week already. Fitz still leads the league in receiving TDs and we already have more rushing TDs then we had all of last year combined! What a difference in our running game :) Speaking of, isn't it crazy that the Seahawks and Cardinals are the leading two rushing teams in the NFL with both using backup RBs for the majority of the season thus far? Rawls is better than anyone anticipated and Chris Johnson has more in the tank than anyone wanted to give him. At this point, I'm going to say he's our lead back regardless if Ellington starts and Elly a potent weapon. It was great to see Elly get that sixty something yard TD in his first game back. We entered the Rams game perfect in the red zone and after the Rams crushed that, we got back to our scoring ways with a perfect 5 for 5 in the red zone against the Lions.

Defense....Well I don't have to say much. 6 turnovers is crazy and they provided a lot of short fields for Palmer. Redding was classy and opted to not run Stafford over on that pick though maybe Lions fans would have been happy with us injuring him on a pick 6 like we did Cutler. Peterson passed his test and shut Megatron down but to be fair, the QB play was so bad it wasn't a proper test. Still, if his coverage was bad, Stafford could have locked onto Megatron all game and it might have been a different game. This defense is the No Fly Zone and it showed. When a turn over starts rain, we make it pour and all the secondary gets in on the party.

The negatives were that we didn't capitalize on the first two turnovers in the first quarter and that's unacceptable. If you play a good team, that'll hurt. More than this though are a few injuries. Demens is more a ST ace but we need talent there so it's a blow but the real bummer is Okafor. He's by far our best pass rusher on a team that desperately needs better pass rush. A huge blow :( The silver lining? We signed Dwight Freeney :) My father and I wondered why we didn't snag him in the off season or any other team for that matter and it turns out that he wanted too much money after ranking 7th in the league on QB hurries last year. Now signing him to the same 1 yr minimum we gave CJ, he's coming to Zona and that's going to be huge with Okafor out! He might just play situation ally at first though, who knows what football shape he's in but he passed his physical today. We offered sack incentives which is awesome but even if he just generates a lot of hurries on QBs, that will be HUGE with this secondary. We already lead the league in interceptions and it could really go up with Freeney but we'll see. There's no risk with this low contract. Hopefully Okafor doesn't miss too many games and we can have them both in together, that could really turn the rush around.

I'd like to give a quick shout out to the Bengals for beating the Chickens, we now once again have a two game lead in the division. As coach said last night "We ain't giving that shit back!". 4-1, Go Cardinals!

No one cares about the cards brah!

Maybe he should have said that last season!
Touche! haha To be fair, it's a given you'd never have caught up if Palmer would have stayed healthy. That said, if he goes down again it will be a repeat of last year but you can't predict injuries (unless it's McFadden or Bustford) so no point in basing any thoughts on that.
No one cares about the cards brah!

Says the man who supports one of the most irrelevant teams in the NFL this season and the next several ;)

They are better all-around than that team on D. Doom probably would be an upgrade long term though. 2012 D was damn good, but there were some pretty glaring weaknesses when you look back.

The only weakness of that 2012 team was depth. It was two seasons removed from a 4-12 season so that could only mean that they didn't have very many quality drafts through that year.

However, it didn't matter because there were literally no big injuries in 2012. I was so sure that the Broncos were going to win the Super Bowl that year. Peyton Manning had already led me to a championship Fantasy Football season so I was thinking that I would have the perfect year as a fan. Then the Ravens bounced the Broncos. I went straight from that game to the bar, put a hold on my sorrows and didn't want to get out of bed the next day.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I do! They're like my number 4 or 5 team!

image.php

Oh btw, Palmer has 40 TDs to 15 turnovers for a pass rating of 100 in his last twenty games. The vast majority of those turnovers were from his first season with us when he was learning the system too ;) Swallow deep, haters!

Godslay

Banned
The only weakness of that 2012 team was depth. It was two seasons removed from a 4-12 season so that could only mean that they didn't have very many quality drafts through that year.

However, it didn't matter because there were literally no big injuries in 2012. I was so sure that the Broncos were going to win the Super Bowl that year. Peyton Manning had already led me to a championship Fantasy Football season so I was thinking that I would have the perfect year as a fan. Then the Ravens bounced the Broncos. I went straight from that game to the bar, put a hold on my sorrows and didn't want to get out of bed the next day.

DL, LBs were just okay and DB depth wasn't especially good on that team. Bottom also fell out of Champ too.

All of that has been fixed with this team with added depth. Now I just want to see them perform against better teams.

2012 D was good, but this D has a higher ceiling.

rando14

Oh btw, Palmer has 40 TDs to 15 turnovers for a pass rating of 100 in his last twenty games. The vast majority of those turnovers were from his first season with us when he was learning the system too ;) Swallow deep, haters!

ARI's firepower this year is very impressive. I think I read on Twitter, the last 6 teams to have a +100 differential in their 1st 5 starts went to play in the Superbowl and like 5 of them won (exception being 2007 NE).

Yall have a shot!! Go for the gold

P.S. Excellent signing in Dwight freeney

Touche! haha To be fair, it's a given you'd never have caught up if Palmer would have stayed healthy. That said, if he goes down again it will be a repeat of last year but you can't predict injuries (unless it's McFadden or Bustford) so no point in basing any thoughts on that.

Says the man who supports one of the most irrelevant teams in the NFL this season and the next several ;)

niners have an actual history. nothing jeddy did to ruin our team can change that. the cards have won like 2 playoff games in the last 50 years. nothing they do this year is going to change their irrelevance in the grand scheme of things. no one gives a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

ARI's firepower this year is very impressive. I think I read on Twitter, the last 6 teams to have a +100 differential in their 1st 5 starts went to play in the Superbowl and like 5 of them won (exception being 2007 NE).

Yall have a shot!! Go for the gold

P.S. Excellent signing in Dwight freeney

If Palmer stays healthy I could see them getting to the Bowl. Not sure about winning it depending on who they play though.

sadly no, but i will be soon.

Go do that..

You are never taking BG's throne though. Look at it in all his glory...

270px-Australian_Toilet.JPG

(Fun Fact.. When people call it the Crapper.. It is name after one of the men who invented flush toilets)

And look at what he gets to drink all day..
Burning_River_Pale_Ale_840199.png

I mean.. I know y'all are jealous.. but come on.

I'm seizin that crown in the near future. Time for a harder approach and aggressive attitude. And more mayo.

no_michael_bluth.gif

squicken

BG, how can you post Drake GIFs after abandoning his boy JFF?

PFTCommenter ‏@PFTCommenter
Whats ironic about shutting them down for posting gifs is that Roger Goodell usualy ignores any video evidents. Learned from his mistakes.

on-point

eznark

Banned
This was the week I was planning on rolling out a website dissecting gifs from NFC North games, since I make a ton of them anyway for blogger friends.

Guess I'll hold off on that......

Top Bottom