• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

cdyhybrid

trey wingo ‏@wingoz 7h
How improbable was @Bengals comeback? In the last 5 years teams had lost..wait for it.. 427 straight games when down at least 17 in 4th qtr!

mkTsGac.jpg

Godslay

Banned
Can't wait for when PeyPey accepts a spot in our front office.

That would be interesting. Papa John in the Cleve.

Save some for Allen! I need 20 points from him tonight.

That's what I'm hoping for. The Broncos finally have a defense that is as good as the one in 2012 (probably better). Peyton has to come through a couple times this season.

They are better all-around than that team on D. Doom probably would be an upgrade long term though. 2012 D was damn good, but there were some pretty glaring weaknesses when you look back.

He will. Trust me.

All he has to do is game manager and put up clock grinding drives. Nothing fancy.

If he can do that and they win, nobody will remember the decline only the glory.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
trey wingo ‏@wingoz 7h
How improbable was @Bengals comeback? In the last 5 years teams had lost..wait for it.. 427 straight games when down at least 17 in 4th qtr!

mkTsGac.jpg

Have it happen in the playoffs and then we can talk

Not that I remember anything about last season

Can you explain this reference? Why is Peyton on a motorcycle and what is happening here.

It's from the Sons of Anarchy finale.

The main character posed like that at the end scene during a police chase as he rode his motorcycle into an oncoming truck

Fox318

Why do people trust BOB so much when he hasn't been able to deliver jack shit?

I mean Rex got the Jets to 2 afc champ games with sanchez.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Kave, why the Browns-Lions fighting? These shots are uncalled for. Our franchises have so much in common and are not divisional or even conference foes. We each have bigger fish to fry so I ask you kindly to stop this disrespect of the Lions or I'll have to post some of our recent victories including the miraculous Matthew Stafford dislocated shoulder victory from Week 11 2009.

cdyhybrid

Pete on why Rawls wasn't in during OT:

"We were in the mode we go into when we're in overtime, so that calls for Fred in there"

I.E. they give up on the run in OT and need a pass blocking RB. Fuck everything.

squicken

-Chip didn't go after Tyrod or another running QB b/c that style got his QBs hurt the previous two years. He was going to run less this year. Now whether he needed to go so far as a statue is another thing

-Why Bradford? Shurmur. There was some conflict with Foles and Kelly at a personal level. That will never happen with Bradford. Bradford really was accurate at one point in his career. I don't care what the stat guys say. His best WR was Danny Amendola, who is like Brady's 4th best target in NE. And Amendola was hurt more than Bradford during their time together

-That player is gone now.

-Process was right with Foles. He wasn't good enough and Philly is too good to get a franchise changer in the draft.

-Bradford is playing bad this year, Foles slightly worse. Foles has played slightly tougher opponents but it's closer than the team names would suggest

-Eagles pass blocking is better than STL, even with the quick throws.

-If Chip had it back I think he still moves Foles, but uses the picks and cap to bolster the OL, and rolls with Sanchez. The Eagles defense is legit. His offense is worse than ever but the defense is better than ever. Yeah, he wouldn't have won a SB, but winning those w/o a HoF QB is just wishing on a star and randomly getting a Flacco luck spree

Tom Penny

Kas has some explaining to do
QB Matt Stafford finished with a -3.3 grade, and has now earned a negative grade in all five games this season. He was pressured 12 times, but actually earned a lower grade when he had a clean pocket: 14-for-21 for 113 yards, one touchdown and one interception for a -2.3 grade when not pressured. Stafford is currently our lowest-graded quarterback with a -16.5 overall grade. He was even benched for Dan Orlovsky in the second half.

ampere

This is the Broncos. That's okay though, they'll carry the legend as far they can and hopefully he'll come through when we need him.

N289ZpR.jpg

You are kidding yourself man. The Broncos best bet at this point is to start the Broz. Kid is young and has a good arm, with that stellar D that could be a scary team.

Godslay

Banned
2015 Peyton: 7 INTs
2015 Broncos D: 7 INTs

Which is fine.

Broncos fans need to come to grips with the idea that apart from injury this is still Manning's team and will be for the rest of year even with bad play. This is the finally hurrah, and the team is constructed to carry him. We just need him to buy in, limit TOs, and for the ground game to get it's legs underneath them. Then we'll have a shot in most games if the D holds up.

Man I'm trying not to get my hopes up but for the first time I feel like the Stafford Era is almost over. Listening to Caldwell's comments today about Stafford's consistent badness has me hyped. This is the first time Stafford has ever been challenged/held accountable.

If he stinks it up against the Bears next weekend...

cdyhybrid

Which is fine.

Broncos fans need to come to grips with the idea that apart from injury this is still Manning's team and will be for the rest of year even with bad play. This is the finally hurrah, and the team is constructed to carry him. We just need him to buy in, limit TOs, and for the ground game to get it's legs underneath them. Then we'll have a shot in most games if the D holds up.

Yep. Unless he physically falls apart they're sinking or swimming with Peyton. Otherwise they wouldn't have brought him back, I imagine.

Boddy Wagner questionable for next week, Jordan Hill out a few weeks. Tharold Simon having surgery for a toe issue, on IR.

UUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Godslay

Banned
You are kidding yourself man. The Broncos best bet at this point is to start the Broz. Kid is young and has a good arm, with that stellar D that could be a scary team.

I disagree. He'll have his shot, it's probably not going to happen this year and I'm okay with that. If Peyton can carry the team the last couple years, the Broncos owe him a chance to be carried and contribute if he can. It's the least we can do before we usher in the new era.

Yep. Unless he physically falls apart they're sinking or swimming with Peyton. Otherwise they wouldn't have brought him back, I imagine.

Boddy Wagner questionable for next week, Jordan Hill out a few weeks. Tharold Simon having surgery for a toe issue, on IR.

UUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

See above. I'm fine with that too, Peyton only sits if he's incredibly bad, it's a blowout, or if he gets hurt.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Man I'm trying not to get my hopes up but for the first time I feel like the Stafford Era is almost over. Listening to Caldwell's comments today about Stafford's consistent badness has me hyped. This is the first time Stafford has ever been challenged/held accountable.

Come home Matt

squicken

I get the sense, like most players, he feels he is the victim of bad coaches/teammates/officials/circumstance. He knows he'll find a team willing to gladly take him in the offseason, if DET can eat the dead money

Kiryu

Every day, I am still waiting for Seahawks to fire Darell Bevell... It's still poisoning me as my slow death for all the time we spend with him as Seahawks. :(

cdyhybrid

Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr 30m
3rd down distance last 6 drives: 3, 4, 2, 4, 3, 15, 8. Hawks converted on one of them.

We didn't run or target Graham on a single one of those third downs, according to radio.

#FireBevell

Top Bottom