• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

ampere

Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr 30m
3rd down distance last 6 drives: 3, 4, 2, 4, 3, 15, 8. Hawks converted on one of them.

We didn't run or target Graham on a single one of those third downs, according to radio.

#FireBevell

Carroll is the boss, it really falls to him.

jakncoke

Banned

long term internet friend is a panthers fan and so therefore i want panthers to suck so i dont have to hear him gloat and if cowher were a panther id have to low key root for panthers to not suck which would mean id hear gloating

Multiple choice question.

What term best describes the Steelers play later tonight?

A - Shameful
2 - Fuckery
D - Shameful fuckery

What if jak were a football coach?

If i stopped drinking id be so good. ask milch

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Every day, I am still waiting for Seahawks to fire Darell Bevell... It's still poisoning me as my slow death for all the time we spend with him as Seahawks. :(

Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr 30m
3rd down distance last 6 drives: 3, 4, 2, 4, 3, 15, 8. Hawks converted on one of them.

We didn't run or target Graham on a single one of those third downs, according to radio.

#FireBevell

You guys are adorable. Y'all won an owl two seasons ago and went to the super bowl last year. He's there for another two or three years if he wants.

long term internet friend is a panthers fan and so therefore i want panthers to suck so i dont have to hear him gloat and if cowher were a panther id have to low key root for panthers to not suck which would mean id hear gloating

If i stopped drinking id be so good. ask milch

I don't trust you sober

cdyhybrid

Carroll is the boss, it really falls to him.

It does, but Pete has done good things with his defense (and make no mistake, it is *his* defense). So his leash is a little longer.

You guys are adorable. Y'all won an owl two seasons ago and went to the super bowl last year. He's there for another two or three years if he wants.

I guess I had hope that this organization was a little different and could recognize problems as they come up, instead of 2-3 years after it's too late.

P.S. The Bengals had 10 guys on the field when they picked Russell off trying to go to Graham.

Multiple choice question.

What term best describes the Steelers play later tonight?

A - Shameful
2 - Fuckery
D - Shameful fuckery

P- Piece of shit franchise who helped the biggest piece of shit human being to a job who will turn in the biggest piece of shit performance of the weekend. Fucking piece of shit.

Somebody pull an Utley on the motherfucker.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
P- Piece of shit franchise who helped the biggest piece of shit human being to a job who will turn in the biggest piece of shit performance of the weekend. Fucking piece of shit.

Somebody pull an Utley on the motherfucker.

We're talking about the Steelers, not the Browns and Johnny 8ball.

Crisco

Banned
I'm not sure how much you can blame the OC. It's the same issue with Shula on the Panthers for the last 3 years. When the offensive line sucks, receivers suck, and running backs are injured, what are you going to do?

squicken

Twitter has suspended Deadspin and SBN GIF Twitter accounts. NFL and MLB want an end to GIFs and Vines of highlights. Vine will now warn you of a ban if you upload NFL highlights to their service

1,205 yards, 64.6 completion percentage, 6 TD's, 8 INT's
1,234 yards, 63.5 completion percentage, 6 TD's, 7 INT's

The top player was benched yesterday and everyone says his team needs to dump him this off-season, Matthew Stafford. The second player is Peyton Manning. Manning isn't riding down the road in a Jesus Christ pose in his last few moments, he's already hit the truck. When Manning came to Oakland every year I was terrified he was putting up 50 on the Raiders, yesterday (and this entire season) he's just looked like a bad QB. Manning is Stafford

cdyhybrid

I'm not sure how much you can blame the OC. It's the same issue with Shula on the Panthers for the last 3 years. When the offensive line sucks, receivers suck, and running backs are injured, what are you going to do?

The offensive line didn't suck until this season. Our RB was our best player on Sunday. Receivers are the same as they were before, except we added someone who was supposed to be a matchup nightmare in Graham and it's meant nothing.

The main issue is their complete ineptitude in short-yardage situations, which has been going on for years.

Twitter has suspended Deadspin and SBN GIF Twitter accounts. NFL and MLB want an end to GIFs and Vines of highlights. Vine will now warn you of a ban if you upload NFL highlights to their service

So dumb. Guess we'll just have to get them elsewhere now.

Milchjon

That's fucking idiotic.

What do they propose instead?

Great gifs/Vines are basically the greatest commercials they could wish for over here.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Baseball was in gif-Nazi mode all year. The NFL will not be outdone!

Kiryu

The offensive line didn't suck until this season. Our RB was our best player on Sunday. Receivers are the same as they were before, except we added someone who was supposed to be a matchup nightmare in Graham and it's meant nothing.

The main issue is their complete ineptitude in short-yardage situations, which has been going on for years.

like 1 goal line pass... ;-;

Fucks sake, just when you think the NFL is moving into the 21st century with a youtube channel they remind everybody just how backwards they are.

Crisco

Banned

Yeah ok, that's pretty shitty. With a mobile QB like Wilson and a back like Lynch, short yardage should be cake.

squicken

Better angle of that giant Baylor DL's TD, and the defender's business decision

CRJhke3VAAAQBDC.jpg

MLB posts gifs CONSTANTLY.

Buzz is it is the NFL who is filing DMCAs today

Milchjon

I mean, do they not understand how these channels work? No one will share their 3 minute videos with that terrible player instead.

Will they be offering bite sized shareable videos of the announcer saying "69, that's what he does best" themselves now?

I truly don't understand that.

I get the sense, like most players, he feels he is the victim of bad coaches/teammates/officials/circumstance. He knows he'll find a team willing to gladly take him in the offseason, if DET can eat the dead money
I think we keep him next season, and then trade him before the 2017 season when his deal is up. I'd prefer to trade him after this year but don't expect it to happen.

Detroit sports hosts are saying we could get a third round pick for him at least, based on what they're being told. I'll take it.

RoKKeR

Just saw this. Probably warrants an OT thread. Kind of bullshit IMO.

RBH

What complete horseshit.

Someone make the OT thread.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Detroit has been fucking around with how it pays its players for a decade now and it's only coming home to roost in the past two years or so. They are stuck with Stafford and Megatron for two years unless the cap takes a gigantic leap up next year.

Beach

So are:

Hakeem Nicks
Isaiah Pead
Nick Kasa

Any good?
Nick Kasa is a so-so blocking tight end. Not much more to be said. He is actually known more for being the guy asked about his sexual orientation during the combine interestingly enough.

Hakeem Nicks is done and Pead hasn't shown anything.

OT but there's an appreciation thread about a Turkish ruler who was responsible for carrying out genocide of 1.5 million people. The effort of me holding back is so strong...

Fuck the MLB and NFL

Soccer is the most watched sport and they don't give a fuck about gifs or Vines

Soccer literally more modern than a sport :jnc

Godslay

Banned
1,205 yards, 64.6 completion percentage, 6 TD's, 8 INT's
1,234 yards, 63.5 completion percentage, 6 TD's, 7 INT's

The top player was benched yesterday and everyone says his team needs to dump him this off-season, Matthew Stafford. The second player is Peyton Manning. Manning isn't riding down the road in a Jesus Christ pose in his last few moments, he's already hit the truck. When Manning came to Oakland every year I was terrified he was putting up 50 on the Raiders, yesterday (and this entire season) he's just looked like a bad QB. Manning is Stafford

One is a fading legend, the other is a guy who has had a couple good seasons. It's PM's spot unless a defender murders him. Bronco are riding or dying with him, and I'm fine with that.

Doesn't help that defenders are living in the backfield with the way the C, LT, and RT are playing. Not to mention the drops yesterday cost the Broncos what would have amounted to 2 TDs.

Your time will come I'm sure, but must have been rough to limit the Broncos offense to no TDs and intercept PM twice and still lose. I'm sympathetic towards you. Now I'm going to eat dinner though.

Individuals should be okay under 'Fair Use' with Gifs. Different story for companies.

Cardinals, biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch! The NFC West Overlords now have won 7 in a row over the kittens ;)

Well, nothing unexpected happened here unless you were as delusional as Kas and FMT. Actually, taking Fatford out of the game was surprising and I can't think of a more official admittance that your team was wrecked than benching your clear starter because of how badly he's getting bodied. This team has put up over 40 points 3 out of the 5 games we've played and I don't give a shit what teams we played, that's crazy and no one else is doing it. Besides, we all know GB is a contender and they only managed to put 17 on the same Niners team we dropped 47 on. They also scored in the twenties I believe against the same Bears D we put 48 on. My point here is that the quality of the teams we are playing does not invalidate what we're doing as a team. Besides, so many pundits want to crown the Chickens out west and they had to cheat to beat the lowly Lions and barely managed the win even doing so ;) We are completely and utterly blowing bad teams out, you couldn't ask for more from a good or great team. 190 pts in 5 games? I'll take that shit any year!

We had a wonderful day running on the ground and with our D, Palmer didn't have to throw much. Hell, we beat them down so thoroughly that the coach getting flack for leaving Palmer in too long in other blow outs benched him to rest while Stanton finished the game. For a low stat sheet, 11 for 14, 161 yards and 3 TDs looks pretty good. Palmer is now tied with Rodgers in leading the league in passing TDs though Brady would likely be in the equation if he didn't have a bye week already. Fitz still leads the league in receiving TDs and we already have more rushing TDs then we had all of last year combined! What a difference in our running game :) Speaking of, isn't it crazy that the Seahawks and Cardinals are the leading two rushing teams in the NFL with both using backup RBs for the majority of the season thus far? Rawls is better than anyone anticipated and Chris Johnson has more in the tank than anyone wanted to give him. At this point, I'm going to say he's our lead back regardless if Ellington starts and Elly a potent weapon. It was great to see Elly get that sixty something yard TD in his first game back. We entered the Rams game perfect in the red zone and after the Rams crushed that, we got back to our scoring ways with a perfect 5 for 5 in the red zone against the Lions.

Defense....Well I don't have to say much. 6 turnovers is crazy and they provided a lot of short fields for Palmer. Redding was classy and opted to not run Stafford over on that pick though maybe Lions fans would have been happy with us injuring him on a pick 6 like we did Cutler. Peterson passed his test and shut Megatron down but to be fair, the QB play was so bad it wasn't a proper test. Still, if his coverage was bad, Stafford could have locked onto Megatron all game and it might have been a different game. This defense is the No Fly Zone and it showed. When a turn over starts rain, we make it pour and all the secondary gets in on the party.

The negatives were that we didn't capitalize on the first two turnovers in the first quarter and that's unacceptable. If you play a good team, that'll hurt. More than this though are a few injuries. Demens is more a ST ace but we need talent there so it's a blow but the real bummer is Okafor. He's by far our best pass rusher on a team that desperately needs better pass rush. A huge blow :( The silver lining? We signed Dwight Freeney :) My father and I wondered why we didn't snag him in the off season or any other team for that matter and it turns out that he wanted too much money after ranking 7th in the league on QB hurries last year. Now signing him to the same 1 yr minimum we gave CJ, he's coming to Zona and that's going to be huge with Okafor out! He might just play situation ally at first though, who knows what football shape he's in but he passed his physical today. We offered sack incentives which is awesome but even if he just generates a lot of hurries on QBs, that will be HUGE with this secondary. We already lead the league in interceptions and it could really go up with Freeney but we'll see. There's no risk with this low contract. Hopefully Okafor doesn't miss too many games and we can have them both in together, that could really turn the rush around.

I'd like to give a quick shout out to the Bengals for beating the Chickens, we now once again have a two game lead in the division. As coach said last night "We ain't giving that shit back!". 4-1, Go Cardinals!

Top Bottom