• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

squicken

SBJ/SBD
‏@sbjsbd
BREAKING: National Car Rental signs 20-year, $158 million deal to name prospective NFL stadium in St. Louis:

For perspective, Farmers was going to pay $700m over 30 years for the failed AIG stadium naming rights in LA. Timing of this is important b/c owners' meetings are ongoing

e: wrong numbers

If Smith is not healthy I think the Browns got this.

If Manziel plays it is a lock.
Pretty sure he's already ruled out. Dosent matter though, because any competent running back and/or Qb can beat us. Chargers beat us with how many lineman missing? I'm a optimist though

Pretty sure he's already ruled out. Dosent matter though, because any competent running back and/or Qb can beat us. Chargers beat us with how many lineman missing? I'm a optimist though

He is. He has broken ribs. But Flacco played like garbage against Pittsburgh and even then only with Pitt playing even worse than the ravens did they win.

But I still am prepared for a loss.

Miracle

For perspective, Farmers was going to pay $700m over 30 years for the failed AIG stadium naming rights in LA. Timing of this is important b/c owners' meetings are ongoing

e: wrong numbers

I'm confused. What does this mean for the Rams though? Is it still their last season before they move or is this a way to combat against that?

Bitanator

Fuck the Giants. Everybody picking them for NFC East now.

Four weeks ago everybody picking Eagles/Cowboys.

It's a long season.

Fuck the Giants.

Who ever wins in a Division matchup is the new favorite, the media were riding hard on the Redskins until they lost. If Dallas goes 3-1 in the division before Romo comes back, there is no way they cannot be the favorites

squicken

I'm confused. What does this mean for the Rams though? Is it still their last season before they move or is this a way to combat against that?

The owner wants to leave and his lease is up, but the league has a policy that they won't allow teams to move when the current city will build a new stadium. So STL is really trying to shame the league but getting the financing in order for a new stadium, forcing them to keep the Rams there, or moving another team there

e: Shad Khan tried to buy the Rams once. He is from southern Illinois and the thought is he'll move the Jags once he has shown that the market isn't viable for revenue growth

Miracle

The owner wants to leave and his lease is up, but the league has a policy that they won't allow teams to move when the current city will build a new stadium. So STL is really trying to shame the league but getting the financing in order for a new stadium, forcing them to keep the Rams there, or moving another team there

e: Shad Khan tried to buy the Rams once. He is from southern Illinois and the thought is he'll move the Jags once he has shown that the market isn't viable for revenue growth

Why does the league want to force a team to stay in a city? Why even have a policy like that?

cdyhybrid

Fuck Bread. Ole stale ass motherfucker. Space Jam is a greater sporting accomplishment than everything accomplished by Boston-based teams combined.

Also, this is a great beer:

LYAG3Ek.jpg

Hindl

Ugh not a fan of Raclette. Shit makes the entire house stink to hell. And the actual cheese is just alright. But goddamn I hated when my parents would make it

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Source video for the cheese gif:

https://vimeo.com/93628922

On a recent trip to London for the Chowzter Awards, I happened across one of the tastiest feasts you'll find on a market stall you'll find in the capital - Raclette from Kappacasein in Borough Market. Grilled, molten Racelette cheese smothered over broken up boiled potatoes with freshly ground black pepper and pickles.

RBH

750x422

All the NFL owners will convene Wednesday at the Waldorf Astoria hotel, two blocks away from league offices, for their annual fall meetings. L.A. is the primary topic, which is almost unheard of for this time of year. Typically, talks about that market take place in the spring, when there's more time to ramble on about which direction the league might be heading.

But the clock is winding down on the NFL's stated goal of making a decision in time to have professional football in the L.A. market by next season. And, although many owners are cryptic about which way they're leaning, clearly opinions are beginning to solidify.

Jerry Jones has lavishly praised the deep-pocketed Stan Kroenke before for his willingness to be bold and take a risk on L.A., much the way Jones took a risk when he bought the Cowboys in 1989, in the aftermath of the Texas oil bust.

"Lamar Hunt stood up in an owners' meeting — and I was so proud when he said it," Jones said, referring to the late owner of the Kansas City Chiefs. "He said, 'The biggest risk I've ever seen in sports is Jerry Jones when he bought the Dallas Cowboys.' … I was intoxicated and blind with passion, and I wanted to be involved in the NFL and I wanted the Cowboys, and I ignored that. That's to me the passion that moves mountains. That's the thing that gets it done.

"Los Angeles is the deserving market and has been without the NFL so long, that if we have an opportunity to do something like that out there… ownership that will make that kind of commitment, if we have that, we've got to take it."

But there's another school of thought among the owners, those who believe San Diego Chargers owner Dean Spanos should be rewarded for taking his time to scour his market to find a stadium solution. From the perspective of his fellow owners, he has done that, even though many people in San Diego argue there are still options to be exhausted.

Jerry Richardson, owner of the Carolina Panthers and a member of the six-owner Committee on Los Angeles Opportunities, is believed to be a strong proponent of Spanos and the way he has gone about this process. Bob McNair, owner of the Houston Texans, another member of the L.A. committee, seems to subscribe to that philosophy too, although he has not publicly said which plan he prefers.

McNair said Tuesday a major factor in the decision will be which team or teams have satisfied the relocation guidelines, which is code for turning over every stone.

McNair said meeting the relocation guidelines "is sort of the qualifier," and "after that we look at it on the basis of what's in the best interest of the clubs, and what's in the best interest of the league."

That would seem to favor an owner who has done everything by the book and checked all the boxes, and that's the reputation Spanos has among many of his fellow owners.

On the topic of two teams moving to L.A., some owners believe that could happen sequentially, while others think it would have to happen simultaneously so one club would not have a clear marketing advantage over the other.

"I think they'd have to move them at the same time," McNair said. "I think the team coming later would be at a distinct disadvantage. We want to make sure whatever we do, we have a successful franchise or franchises in Los Angeles. That's the key."

Jones, however, thinks the teams could come one after another and still be on equal footing.

Asked whether it's necessary to move teams at the same time, Jones said: "No — emphatically, no. I don't mean it shouldn't be that way, I'm just saying it's possible to do both and it's possible to do one and then the other.

"With the size market of Los Angeles, the history, the tradition, the uniqueness of these franchises … you can work around a first being the one, a first being dominant, a first being the groundbreaker. You can work completely around that."

In short, there remain significant differences of opinion among owners on a wide ranges of L.A.-related topics. And these are owners have been wildly successful in the business world typically by following their instincts, and zigging when others zag. They are independent thinkers. So getting them all on the same page is a daunting challenge.

Jim Irsay, owner of the Indianapolis Colts, thinks that's entirely possible. He said there's a "high likelihood" that either one or two teams will be playing in L.A. by next fall.

"There's a greater percentage chance [than not] that there will be a team or teams there next year," he said. "A lot will be determined in the next three or four months."

Irsay didn't rule out the possibility the league could push the pause button and delay a decision for another year but said there's a better chance the situation gets resolved.

"I think in the end you have to come to sometimes difficult decisions where you have to take the vote and move on from there," he said. "Of course [a delay] is always possible, but I think we're excited about the possibility of this going forward soon. But obviously there has to be temporary facilities and those things planned as well."

So much to do, so little time.

"Deals get done when there are deadlines," Irsay said. "We'll see where it goes."
http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-meetings-la-20151007-story.html

Was sold when someone told me it had MGR's parrying.
It's a combination of Bayonetta/MGR, yes. Move at the right time and you essentially go into "witch time" to get a combo going. You can chain together standard and heavy attacks and finish off with vehicle moves and rush attacks from a transformation. It has that signature Platinum games feel. Easy enough to play but much deeper and it takes time to master and get good with it.

It's also a complete nerdgasm of nostalgia is you're a G1 Transformers fan. Peter Cullen front and center as Optimus, Frank Welker doing Megatron/Soundwave and even Dan Gilvezan back as Bumblebee. Plus Vince DiCola doing the actual music. They totally nailed the look of the G1 bots, too.

Didn't even realize that was out yet. it's worth the price of admission I take it?
If you're a fan of the Transformers and dig a good Platinum action game - very little can go wrong here.:) The only knock is that I've read the story mode is a tad short but there's a bunch of challenge levels and a good bit of replay value in playing as each of the Autobots as they are quite distinct in how they play.

Top Bottom