• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

Greg Hardy is some shit man, I don't understand how he is still playing in the NFL.

...Then I think about it and remember there are literally murderers who have continued to play in the NFL.

At the risk of sounding like an after-school special; this is honestly the worst season of Football I've watched in a long time. Last week had some better games, but the previous 3 weeks have been absolutely awful. Just in terms of competition and entertainment. Most of the games have been entertaining because of how terrible they are.
The league is incredibly top heavy this season. Once you get down past the top 5 or so it turns into a mess of mediocrity, injuries, and inconsistent play.

As a guy who watches a lot of games with no vested interest in who wins it's been rough. As a Dolphins fan it's somehow been even rougher.

Greg Hardy is some shit man, I don't understand how he is still playing in the NFL.

...Then I think about it and remember there are literally murderers who have continued to play in the NFL.

At the risk of sounding like an after-school special; this is honestly the worst season of Football I've watched in a long time. Last week had some better games, but the previous 3 weeks have been absolutely awful. Just in terms of competition and entertainment. Most of the games have been entertaining because of how terrible they are.

This is by far the worst season I have ever seen. The officiating is just dreadful, worse then when we had the scabs. There are crucial drops every fucking game, field goal kicking is a disaster. The Eagles are 2 missed fgs away from being 3-1 and everyone fellating Chip for being such a genius.

Oh well Peters, Johnson, and Barbere all sat out practice so far this week with injuries. No team in the league could overcome having 3/5 of it OL hurt.

Doomsayer

The league is incredibly top heavy this season. Once you get down past the top 5 or so it turns into a mess of mediocrity, injuries, and inconsistent play.

As a guy who watches a lot of games with no vested interest in who wins it's been rough. As a Dolphins fan it's somehow been even rougher.

This is by far the worst season I have ever seen. The officiating is just dreadful, worse then when we had the scabs. There are crucial drops every fucking game, field goal kicking is a disaster. The Eagles are 2 missed fgs away from being 3-1 and everyone fellating Chip for being such a genius.

Oh well Peters, Johnson, and Barbere all sat out practice so far this week with injuries. No team in the league could overcome having 3/5 of it OL hurt.

Injuries have also been off the charts. I don't know if I'm just noticing more this year or if there is a direct correlation between less intensive training camps and players going down.

Zeke

Sean Lee returned to practice today awesome! Also Dez is doing some running rehab please don't kill your foot Dez!

Injuries have also been off the charts. I don't know if I'm just noticing more this year or if there is a direct correlation between less intensive training camps and players going down.

An Eagles podcast that I listen to was just discussing this point. They also said injuries are way up around the league this year and wondered if it was due to the lightened training camp schedule. I think the Eagles have had someone on the OL get hurt every game. They literally cannot keep 5 guys on the field together. It really seems like no teams have any depth any more, even watching other teams it seems like when a starter goes down the replacements are much worse.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Thursday night party.

I get to talk to the police today and file a report of what was stolen from one of my storages. yay

cdyhybrid

Morning friends.

I hear back about my interview in 40 minutes or so, the Huskies play tonight, and I'm seeing Kaskade after the game!

Morning friends.

I hear back about my interview in 40 minutes or so, the Huskies play tonight, and I'm seeing Kaskade after the game!
I meant to ask how your interview went! Does it seem like a place you'd like to end up? How does it compare with your old job? Hope you get good news, man!

:jnc Tyrod wanted to go to Philly but Chip signed Tebow instead

So he went to the Bills and looked great while Tebow bounced and the Eagles got off to one of the worst starts in league history

#FireChip

Malalaw

ZanyPhysicalJumpingbean.gif

Sums up how I feel about the game tonight. It is going to be so bad but so good at the same time.

Mifune

Mehmber

So he went to the Bills and looked great while Tebow bounced and the Eagles got off to one of the worst starts in league history

#FireChip

Tyrod's played four games. He's looked pretty good but it's only been four games.

But yes, he'll always be better than Tebow. so you have a point.

Tyrod's played four games. He's looked pretty good but it's only been four games.

But yes, he'll always be better than Tebow. so you have a point.

Even if he and they suck the rest of the year, they had no expectations for the season. They're in a division with Brady and Revis. Nobody expected them to look competitive, and certainly nobody thought in February that EJ would at best be a third-stringer, let alone that the starter would be Flacco's former backup.

I won't argue with it being only a month in, but their season could get much worse than this month and things would still be completely okay for them given circumstances. Meanwhile the Eagles were coming off the playoffs and giving Chip full control, he gets Tebow, and that doesn't even last a month, they've had one of the most significant and notable expectation-killing months ever, and everyone they got rid of is on a team with at least as much wins (most have more).

You have a chance to take a QB you could build around. I'm biased because I always liked Tyrod and thought if given a chance he at least wouldn't be an immediate failure, but even a month in, I don't see how anyone could have thought he was a bigger risk than proven failures like Bradford or Tebow (amazing OT win aside because fuck the Steelers).

cdyhybrid

I meant to ask how your interview went! Does it seem like a place you'd like to end up? How does it compare with your old job? Hope you get good news, man!

I think it went alright. I dunno, I try not to overthink these things though. I put my best foot forward and I'm either a fit for the job or I'm not.

It would be an hourly job, developing Drupal websites for clients of the company. I'd probably start off with a smallish amount of hours though, so I might have to pick up something on the side until it picks up if I get the job. If I were to get up near 40 hours/week and I get towards the high end of the payrate my referrer suggested they offer, it would pay about twice as much as I was making before (which isn't that hard, to be fair).

Ok, that could be entertaining as well. Especially if you were lucky enough to scoop up Texans D in FF.

Good luck, buddy! Pulling for you! Let us know.

Thanks, friend. We are all Huskies tonight.

I think it went alright. I dunno, I try not to overthink these things though. I put my best foot forward and I'm either a fit for the job or I'm not.

It would be an hourly job, developing Drupal websites for clients of the company. I'd probably start off with a smallish amount of hours though, so I might have to pick up something on the side until it picks up if I get the job. If I were to get up near 40 hours/week and I get towards the high end of the payrate my referrer suggested they offer, it would pay about twice as much as I was making before (which isn't that hard, to be fair).

Ew, Drupal. We should put PHP out to pasture at this point.

Draxal

#FireChip

Let's be real ... does anybody want to go to Buffalo?

@JasonColeBR
Source: Deal by #Raiders owner Mark Davis to sell part of team to LA investor could be coming soon in hopes of moving team. #NFL

I wrote this in the 2014 season preview:

"Kevin “Consistent Decline” Coyle returns for his third season as the Dolphins defensive coordinator and will look to finally produce a defense that is as good as the defense that existed before he joined the team. But trust me guys, 4-3 is totally the answer! Look for more bad LB play and Louis Delmas getting beat deep a lot."

Defense literally got worse every season under Coyle.

Philbin being canned was the biggest victory they've had in years
I mean... He was gone after this season ended regardless, especially if they missed the playoffs. Firing him four games in isn't really something you can spin as too much of a positive. This season has been a disastrous disappointment so far.

Top Bottom