• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

It's what we were using at my last job, so I've got plenty of experience with it. I don't mind it, but I'm not a hardcore developer anyway. Prefer config to coding.

Yeah, it's a well established platform, so it's probably not going anywhere. You should learn some wordpress if you haven't already. Although the big advantage drupal has is security, as far as I remember. I dunno, I do lower level stuff.

cdyhybrid

Yeah, it's a well established platform, so it's probably not going anywhere. You should learn some wordpress if you haven't already. Although the big advantage drupal has is security, as far as I remember. I dunno, I do lower level stuff.

I dabbled in it a bit, but never really dove in. Couldn't hurt, for sure.

Ever use Team Treehouse? I recommend it if you want a good walkthrough of new technology. It's very handholdy, and super basic, but doing their courses will make you proficient, it's like a guarantee. Excellent program they have. I think they have a full course for wordpress. You get 30 days free trial so it's worth checking out.

cdyhybrid

Ever use Team Treehouse? I recommend it if you want a good walkthrough of new technology. It's very handholdy, and super basic, but doing their courses will make you proficient, it's like a guarantee. Excellent program they have. I think they have a full course for wordpress. You get 30 days free trial so it's worth checking out.

Not familiar, but I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip!

I think it went alright. I dunno, I try not to overthink these things though. I put my best foot forward and I'm either a fit for the job or I'm not.

It would be an hourly job, developing Drupal websites for clients of the company. I'd probably start off with a smallish amount of hours though, so I might have to pick up something on the side until it picks up if I get the job. If I were to get up near 40 hours/week and I get towards the high end of the payrate my referrer suggested they offer, it would pay about twice as much as I was making before (which isn't that hard, to be fair).
Wow, that sounds like a pretty nice fit! Hopefully it works out for you.

Even if he and they suck the rest of the year, they had no expectations for the season. They're in a division with Brady and Revis. Nobody expected them to look competitive, and certainly nobody thought in February that EJ would at best be a third-stringer, let alone that the starter would be Flacco's former backup.

I won't argue with it being only a month in, but their season could get much worse than this month and things would still be completely okay for them given circumstances. Meanwhile the Eagles were coming off the playoffs and giving Chip full control, he gets Tebow, and that doesn't even last a month, they've had one of the most significant and notable expectation-killing months ever, and everyone they got rid of is on a team with at least as much wins (most have more).

You have a chance to take a QB you could build around. I'm biased because I always liked Tyrod and thought if given a chance he at least wouldn't be an immediate failure, but even a month in, I don't see how anyone could have thought he was a bigger risk than proven failures like Bradford or Tebow (amazing OT win aside because fuck the Steelers).

Eagles started 1-3 Chip's first season and dropped to 3-5 at one point and still won the division, this ain't even a thang. They're only 1 game back in the division now!

Is Luck playing today?

Undecided between Luck and Bradford.

How could this even be a question. Luck is hurt and really struggling, plus playing a division rival on a short week. Bradford looked great last week and gets a saints D that has really struggled this week. He wont have even a semblance of an OL but he should still be able to make some plays.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I think it went alright. I dunno, I try not to overthink these things though. I put my best foot forward and I'm either a fit for the job or I'm not.

It would be an hourly job, developing Drupal websites for clients of the company. I'd probably start off with a smallish amount of hours though, so I might have to pick up something on the side until it picks up if I get the job. If I were to get up near 40 hours/week and I get towards the high end of the payrate my referrer suggested they offer, it would pay about twice as much as I was making before (which isn't that hard, to be fair).

Thanks, friend. We are all Huskies tonight.
if you need to pick up side gigs for some extra cash you should check out sologig.com and outsource.com

And don't underrate craigslist either. I've seen 6 figure higher level sys admin jobs posted on there.

cdyhybrid

Got the job, starting out with a light workload next week but they hope to ramp me up to full-time as business allows. Starting at $20/hr, not bad!

So we gonna go out and celebrate after you get this new shit?

p.s you're buying!

Not buying yet, I'm only getting like 10 hours next week :jnc

Maybe at Freaknight :p

if you need to pick up side gigs for some extra cash you should check out sologig.com and outsource.com

And don't underrate craigslist either. I've seen 6 figure higher level sys admin jobs posted on there.

Cool, I'll check this out, thanks for the tip!

Got the job, starting out with a light workload next week but they hope to ramp me up to full-time as business allows. Starting at $20/hr, not bad!

Not buying yet, I'm only getting like 10 hours next week :jnc

Maybe at Freaknight :p

Biiiitch! I don't even know if I'm gonna go. I feel old as fuck.

I went to the eye doctor and he put drops in my eyes. Now I can't see shit in the sun!

I stumbled home..I have to pick my daughter up in an hour. Hope this clears up by then.

Drakeon

I went to the eye doctor and he put drops in my eyes. Now I can't see shit in the sun!

I stumbled home..I have to pick my daughter up in an hour. Hope this clears up by then.

You got your eyes dilated? Yeah, good luck. Took me at least 2-3 hours for that to go away. I made the unfortunate decision of coming back to work after that and boyyyy was that a bad idea. Couldn't read a thing.

jbug617

Banned

Don't they usually give you something like these to wear?

th

You got your eyes dilated? Yeah, good luck. Took me at least 2-3 hours for that to go away. I made the unfortunate decision of coming back to work after that and boyyyy was that a bad idea. Couldn't read a thing.

Dammit. I walked right through a construction site on the way home. I could just make out a guy staring at me funny. I think I just missed getting hit by a cement mixer. Wished my doctor would have warned me about this.

Bah, all the sunglasses I can find in my house are for kids!

Don't they usually give you something like these to wear?

th

Nope. I wasn't given anything. I knew I should have flirted with his secretary.

Dammit. I walked right through a construction site on the way home. I could just make out a guy staring at me funny. I think I just missed getting hit by a cement mixer. Wished my doctor would have warned me about this.

Bah, all the sunglasses I can find in my house are for kids!

Nope. I wasn't given anything. I knew I should have flirted with his secretary.

Did they dilate your eyes or what? I remember one time they told me to wait 30 minutes before i drove i waited 30 but I was still seeing like mirror images. Tripping as fuck being at a stop light and seeing 6-7 red dots. Fuck... i was scared.

Line_HTX

You already follow me on Twitter. Not exactly hiding there.

It's a Mclaren 650s

LOL, yeah, sorry. I meant your face is closer. Those green eyes.

Can you confirm that Milk Jon looks like his picture in person? J/K :p

Dayum, I love McLarens. Those are beautiful as fuck. Now I want to do a lap on the Top Gear Test Track now.

No classes on Friday so I'm all in for Thursday Night Fuckball.

You'll bear witness to all of Houston's fuckups. Khorosho.

"We want the ball and we're gonna score!" got another start?

Christ what a shitshow on store for us tonight.

Anywho, it's my birthday. I feel ancient

EDIT:I just saw Shirted Dutch. :(

Happy birthday, biatch! Enjoy it well. ;)

Damn, I miss the old old Iron Chef. That was the shit way back when.

But Pete Tong! Nero! Simon Patterson!

Thanks friends!

I raise this cup of coffee to you.

Congrats on getting the job at a pretty good starting rate! A toast to you!

Simon Patterson... You have good tastes there.

gutshot

I work in both Drupal and WordPress quite a bit at my job.

If you are comfortable working in Drupal and PHP, WordPress should be cake. It's a lot more user- and developer-friendly IMO. The disadvantage is it is not as powerful or flexible as Drupal. Also yeah, sysadmins tend to hate WP since it can be a security nightmare.

I work in both Drupal and WordPress quite a bit at my job.

If you are comfortable working in Drupal and PHP, WordPress should be cake. It's a lot more user- and developer-friendly IMO. The disadvantage is it is not as powerful or flexible as Drupal. Also yeah, sysadmins tend to hate WP since it can be a security nightmare.

Full stack web development is where the fun is at.

Dominator

Is Frank Gore starting tonight? Need to know whether to take him out and put Hill in for the week. If he's playing I feel like they might feed him the ball a lot because lord knows their QB's are shit.

Top Bottom