• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

Yep, ridiculous. First one was a terrible call on such a big spot and a great play by the defensive back. This one was clear, or at least, illegal contact.

I'm sure this happens to every team and I'm just speaking from fan blinders, but I notice that shit every year when playing 'big' teams (Colts, Pats, etc). Just an extreme split between calls against houston and non-calls against the big team.

Hasselbeck gets TY Hilton AND Andre JOhnson involved in the gameplan.

Hasselbeck > Luck

I'm sure this happens to every team and I'm just speaking from fan blinders, but I notice that shit every year when playing 'big' teams (Colts, Pats, etc). Just an extreme split between calls against houston and non-calls against the big team.

Yeah, I feel you because I'm rooting against Indy, but I also think there's some rationale behind it, at least against say Luck or Brady (against Hasselbeck... I dunno). A QB like Luck or Brady knows how to target a WR or TE when he's about to be held or break for a big play, and when you have a generally bad team (as Houston seemingly is this year) then you have guys who really shouldn't be playing their positions who have to resort to holding or PI.

I'm a Pats fan so I don't have much to cry about, but when the Pats defensive secondary was really bad, from ~2006 - 2012, those penalties went against them because they had guys who shouldn't have been guarding a #1 guarding a #1, and so when a QB like Manning would see that, he'd exploit it for either a reception or what looked like a garbage penalty. But, if the CB was actually good, th pass wouldn't have been there, the ball not thrown, the Rf likely not throw the flag.

BUt, that play a couple drives ago w/ the flag was shit.

It's time
blessed-gif-dance.gif

Yeah. We don't know what Mallett's ceiling is. Sure he was a backup for a thousand years and was terrible. But we got see what we have.

Mallett sucks. He's got a rocket arm and raw talent, but he's completely terrible in the NFL. Can't see how high the ceiling is if your QB can't get out of the basement.

Top Bottom