• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 6 |OT| - I'm tired of waiting.

Draxal

So we had the michigan punt fumble and now this.

What a fucking crazy football weekend.

I'm just so confused. Obviously that wasn't how it was supposed to go, but what was even the idea?

Confuse the pats into drawing them offsides ... but it would have lead to offsetting penalties as they weren't on the los.

It was an insanely dumb call.

Flakster99

CRpf3S-XAAAeKo8.jpg

Omg ahahahahah PLS PLS PLS

I've been LOL for a solid 5 minutes now... made my night. WTF lol

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Damn it. I forgot I wasn't watching this game 'live'. I had to pause it in the middle of the 1st quarter to do some shit. Then I flipped over to ESPN on a commercial break and went back and it was back to 'current time' and I missed whatever dumbshit play you all are talking about.

No fair!! What the hell happened and is there a video of it somewhere? I assume it will be on sportscenter at some point tonight if it's as bad as you all say it was. but what was it?

edit - ah thanks post right above me... read my mind :)

edit 2 -- ahahahhahaaaahhahaa..... What the fuck even was that. I can't...

I'm just so confused. Obviously that wasn't how it was supposed to go, but what was even the idea?
It's hard to envision a positive outcome. Presumably the formation was supposed to be legal? Or the Colts coaches thought illegal formation was like a false start?

I have no idea.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
lmao i cant stop laughing at that shit. I almost feel sorry enough to want the colts to actually fire pagano tonight. I hope they keep him though.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Center clearly wasn't supposed to snap that ball.

The only thing I can think of is that it's a play designed to throw off the defense and maybe catch someone offside or something, and the snapper panicked. Dumb AF to even try it.

I think the idea was to:
- Draw New England Offsides (4th and 3, 5 yard penalty would be a first down)
- Force NE to call a time out to adjust for the play

That's the only positive. But basically if you've played football before you just stand there and be like "Well... what can you possibly do with 5 against 2 behind center."

ok lets say the center wasn't supposed to snap it, whatever. but then what was the plan?? call a timeout? take a 5 yard penalty? why would you want to take a 5 yard penalty at your own 37? i understand sometimes if you were going to kick from the opponents 40 or something you want some extra room but from your own 37? why?

Top Bottom