• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 6 |OT| - I'm tired of waiting.

Hindl

Nope he was at practice today doing resistance training and some jogging. Hasn't done any full contact drills or full running and cutting yet. He's on pace to come back after the bye.

Bye week this week giants game week 7 is the earliest he could come back

Meant he's planning on six weeks of recovery instead of coming back week 6 but thanks for the clarification

jbug617

Banned
Sammy Watkins complaining.
“That’s what I get mad at,” Watkins said, “when I don’t get looked at. I can look at film and his eyes go straight that way and I’m not getting looked at, at all. That’s when I get frustrated. When I have one-on-one coverage, go to me. I don’t care what’s going on over there. I don’t care if he’s open. When I get one on one, just target me.”

He tracks other top wide receivers, too. Julio Jones. Odell Beckham Jr. A.J. Green. All of them.

“Their quarterbacks go to them in every one-on-one situation,” Watkins said. “Force the ball. The only things that’ll happen are I catch it or knock it out.”

Agent is complaining on his behalf to the team.

After the loss to New England, he spoke to his agent.

“Everybody looks at you getting zero catches, zero yards but when you look on film 90 percent of the time you’re open,” Watkins said. “I understand that these guys are young and they need some time to trust me. Once we get that trust, it’ll be different. But for me, I need the ball at least 10 times — I need 10 targets — and I’ll be fine with however many yards I get. And that’s what I addressed in talking with my agent. We reached out to a couple people and tried to pull some strings like, ‘Hey, I need my targets. You came up to draft me and I’m not getting targets — that’s a problem. You’re making me look bad and you’re making yourself look bad. Why not make both of us look good?’”
http://t.co/RhcoPWECum

RBH

There's football on tonight?
XI4LAvj.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Come on now no one outside NFCS fans get excited for your games. AFCW, AFCN, NFCE, NFCW all pretty much shit on anything NFCS rivalry wise. AFCS and NFCS are the two weakest imo.

Two youngest divisions have the worst rivalries.

Suck it all those who want realignment

Zeke

Naw fuck the eagles and skins. The amount of hate I have in my heart for those two teams would make hell itself look like a picnic on a warm spring day.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
DAL NY
DAL PHI
DAL WAS
NY PHI

Not a bad list of rivalries. Sucks that philly and WAS are just trash tho for the last 20+ years

I hate all these teams as a Packer fan. I really just end up rooting for the meteor most of the time. Cowboys I hate the most though.

zychi

Banned
I hate all these teams as a Packer fan. I really just end up rooting for the meteor most of the time. Cowboys I hate the most though.

I cant say the NFN has rivalries. Its basically the Packers beating up on everyone, with the Bears jumping in once in awhile for a win

RBH

NFC East rivalries are so old hat for me due to overexposure. It seems like they're on primetime every damn week. Understandable from a business perspective due to the large fanbases involved, but just redundant from an entertainment standpoint.

Falcons/Saints is the only real rivalry in the NFC South honestly, and even the most diehard Panthers fans and Bucs fans would agree with that. And the games are honestly pretty fun on a consistent basis.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page...read-falcons-saints-rivalry-not-just-football

zychi

Banned
Hey wienke, if I say "Packers suck" do you get all touchy about your team and question if I've ever watched football?

Or is this just an NFCEast fans thing of having low self esteem?

Come on now no one outside NFCS fans get excited for your games. AFCW, AFCN, NFCE, NFCW all pretty much shit on anything NFCS rivalry wise. AFCS and NFCS are the two weakest imo.

Just because it isn't covered in the national press because it doesn't involve NEW YAWWWWWWK, America's Team™, Dan Snyder, and Eagles fans, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Falcons-Saints clearly don't like each other on or off the field, and generally play pretty tight, compelling games regardless of record. Sounds like a rivalry to me.

If we're basing the quality of stuff off of how many hits ESPN gets from it, the Jets are a top 5 team every year. Because we know that we all tune in to watch their annual fuck-up.

RELAYER

Banned
I still remember the year Brees did some record against the Falcons and they basically just stopped the game so that the stadium announcer could yell DREEEEEEEEWWW. BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS for like 10 minutes, which is where that whole meme comes from.
I was always convinced they only carried on for so long because it was the against the Falcons.
Fuck the Saints.

Zeke

NFC East rivalries are so old hat for me due to overexposure. It seems like they're on primetime every damn week. Understandable from a business perspective due to the large fanbases involved, but just redundant from an entertainment standpoint.

Falcons/Saints is the only real rivalry in the NFC South honestly, and even the most diehard Panthers fans and Bucs fans would agree with that. And the games are honestly pretty fun on a consistent basis.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page...read-falcons-saints-rivalry-not-just-football
Eagles, Cowboys during the McNabb era was something else. That era pushed the skins to my 2 spot in the division. I hated playing them you could always guarantee McNabb would get pressured escape the pocket and make some play to make the defense look fucking stupid.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lions-GAF...

Just heard audio of Joquie Bell on a sports radio show this morning. The hosts were talking about Stafford being benched, and asked Bell if he felt for Stafford during that moment. Bell tried to dodge the question initially but finally settled for "no comment."

Bell is not a good RB this year (I think he came back too early and is injured) but he's a great teammate and leader. The fact that he didn't defend his QB tells me there's a rift between the team and Stafford.

There obviously has to be more to this, but yeah, the fact that Bell, a respected locker room player, didn't come to Stafford's defense is weird/interesting.

Stafford is BFFs with Megatron so who know what's going on in our locker room. Stafford, like Megatron, has never thrown his teammates or coaching staff under the bus so who knows what the hell is going on.

*Sigh*

zychi

Banned
Kas, your QB is under performing
(welcome to the club, there's chips and dip on the table)
. Most of the team is probably looking for a different option for now, and the media will attack the qb for weeks now. Chicago sports media is basically "baseball, ripping the Bears qb, fire coach x, Derrick Rose is hurt again."

Get used to it until Stafford performs, or they replace him

Top Bottom