• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 7 |OT| - A Fraud Swings His Gate

not sure why people would think that's not an INT. nfl has been pretty consistent with ruling those types of plays as no-catch (coming to the ground and not hanging on). i don't really agree with their interpretation of a catch but that is how they've been ruling it for years

squicken

If a guy catches a ball, and as he catches it the guy who makes contact with him brings him down, the WR has to complete the process of holding on to the ball after going to the ground. It's the rule. It's a dumb rule but that is the right call

If a guy catches a ball, and as he catches it the guy who makes contact with him brings him down, the WRs has to complete the process of going to the ground. It's the rule. It's a dumb rule but that is the right call
He took 4 steps though.

If he Earl Campbells the dude for 50 yards, then finally loses the ball after finally hitting the ground, is that also incomplete?

I feel like the refs blew this one, unless he was juggling all the way (which I don't think he was)

Top Bottom