• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 7 |OT| - A Fraud Swings His Gate

Godslay

Banned
Well 2 is the peak of multiplayer console shooters so it's hard not to go downhill after that!
Trust in Frankie.

I'm not sure if I can.

The beta gave me a taste of what the game is, and I'm not sure if they'll ever recapture what they had in 2.

I know I sound like an old fuck, but I logged 2200+ games on my main account (probably another 1500 on another) in H2. Although it had some issues, 2's multiplayer was right. They've seemed to deviate away from that to something that feels generic and more convoluted than it should be.

I guess franchises evolve, and maybe they'll recapture the magic. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Striker

I'm not sure if I can.

The beta gave me a taste of what the game is, and I'm not sure if they'll ever recapture what they had in 2.

I know I sound like an old fuck, but I logged 2200+ games on my main account (probably another 1500 on another) in H2. Although it had some issues, 2's multiplayer was right. They've seemed to deviate away from that to something that feels generic and more convoluted than it should be.

I guess franchises evolve, and maybe they'll recapture the magic. I guess I'll have to wait and see.
Bungie went away from what made Halo 2 good. Took away hitscan in 3, annihilated the gametypes that were so great in 2, map quality went down the drain save a map or two, added in things like a bubble shield or jetpack just because, ignoring the fact it killed the gameplay.

jbug617

Banned
Tell us more

It's a show about making anime.

tumblr_njba23RXbl1qa94xto1_500.gif

Bread

Banned
]I know I sound like an old fuck, but I logged 2200+ games on my main account (probably another 1500 on another) in H2.[/B] Although it had some issues, 2's multiplayer was right. They've seemed to deviate away from that to something that feels generic and more convoluted than it should be.

bruh you don't sound old at all, i put thousands of hours into it too. i just looked at my stats...
lqBAsCZ.png

thank fuck they didn't keep track of hours played because it would be embarrassing to look at

RBH

NFL relocation guidelines require three-quarters approval from full ownership, and much politicking has already happened. The Chargers may not know if they have 24 votes, but believe they have the nine votes necessary to block a move by the Rams. Similarly, the Rams may not know if they have 24 votes, but believe they have nine votes necessary to block the Chargers (it is thought powerful owners Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder are lining up behind Kroenke).

Key to the process will be the L.A. committee of established and powerful owners Robert Kraft, Robert McNair, Jerry Richardson, Art Rooney, John Mara and Clark Hunt. And even more key to the process will be the sports figure perhaps more in the news than any over the past year, Roger Goodell.
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/10/22/nfl-los-angeles-relocation-stadiums-chargers-rams-raiders

RBH

36HbZ.jpg

With the prospect of a team or teams moving to the Los Angeles market, the NFL is planning public hearings in Oakland, St. Louis and San Diego as part of the league’s relocation procedures.

According to the NFL, the purpose of the hearings is to provide an opportunity for fans and others in the community to ask questions and express their views directly to the league “before any decisions are made” about the moving of a club. Members of Commissioner Roger Goodell’s executive staff will be in attendance at the meetings.

Each hearing will take place from 7-10 p.m. local time and will be streamed live on NFL.com/publichearings.

The hearings will be open to the public and a free entry pass is required to attend. Pre-registration to request an entry pass begins Tuesday.

Entry passes will be reserved for season-ticket holders of the three teams – the Raiders, Rams and Chargers – on a first-come, first-served basis. Members of the community will also be able to request an entry pass.

Details and information on how to register for free entry:

-- Online pre-registration and a non-transferrable entry pass with a valid barcode is required for entry.

-- Those interested in pre-registering to request an entry pass should visit the appropriate Web page listed below.

-- Registration availability is based on a first-come, first-serve basis and is subject to the available seating at each venue.

-- Audience members who have the opportunity to provide comments will be allotted three minutes in order to enable as many people as possible to have their voice heard.

City-specific information:

-- The St. Louis hearing will take place on Oct. 27th at the Peabody Opera House (1400 Market St.). The pre-registration site is www.nfl.com/stlhearing and registration begins at 6 a.m. PT (8 a.m. CT) Tuesday. Written comments may be submitted to stl.hearing@nfl.com Tuesday through Nov. 13.

-- The San Diego hearing will take place on Oct. 28th at the Spreckels Theater (121 Broadway No. 600). The pre-registration site is www.nfl.com/sdhearing and registration begins at 8 a.m. PT Tuesday. Written comments may be submitted to sd.hearing@nfl.com Tuesday through Nov. 13.

-- The Oakland hearing will take place on Oct. 29th at the Paramount Theater (2025 Broadway). The pre-registration site is www.nfl.com/oakhearing and registration begins 8 a.m. PT Tuesday. Written comments may be submitted to oak.hearing@nfl.com Tuesday through Nov. 13.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-nfl-relocation-20151019-story.html

Godslay

Banned
Bungie went away from what made Halo 2 good. Took away hitscan in 3, annihilated the gametypes that were so great in 2, map quality went down the drain save a map or two, added in things like a bubble shield or jetpack just because, ignoring the fact it killed the gameplay.

Agreed.

The maps and gun play in 2 were excellent for the most part. Items and abilities introduced too many variables, and muddied the gameplay. 2 was simple, yet it relied on skill and strategy to control the map and win games. Beyond 2, it still required skill and strategy to win, the gameplay just became convoluted, with all the loadouts and junk thrown in. Multiplayer wasn't the same as a result, and is now this weird hybrid arena type thing they have now.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Panthers beat the Seahawks. Now time for the next big demon: primetime.

Panthers don't get the same rep for it (because they aren't as high-profile and don't play in as many high-profile primetime games) but they aren't that much better historically in primetime than the Bengals.

Two straight weeks on national TV to overcome. At least they're at home.

It would be so awesome to have a Bengals vs Carolina prime time game.

Make it happen NFL!

Super Bowl 50? :jnc

Godslay

Banned
bruh you don't sound old at all, i put thousands of hours into it too. i just looked at my stats...
lqBAsCZ.png

thank fuck they didn't keep track of hours played because it would be embarrassing to look at

Nice, yeah you've got me beat.

I had a FT job at the time, but when I got home it was pretty much Halo time. Weekends were pathetic in that me and my friend and his two brothers would play all weekend on pretty much no sleep.

I'm surprised that my wife (girlfriend at the time) didn't leave me considering how much we played.

After reading that Cutler story, if it's true, McDaniels looks even more like a huge moron

Hate is a strong word but I actually hate McDaniels. The Broncos are one of the most storied franchises in the NFL and he comes in and tries to be the Patriots west. Fans didn't want that. The weakness of the teams after 2006 was the defense. Especially in 2008, the Broncos had the worst defense the franchise had ever fielded. All he had to do was fix the defense but he got rid of three of the most talented offensive players they had instead.

Oh, he also traded a first round pick in the 2010 draft for a second round pick in the 2009 draft. McDaniels cut the player he drafted in 2010 and the Seahawks picked Earl Thomas with the pick he traded away. McDaniels is the master at wasting potential. I mean, seriously. Who does that?

RBH

f8e0075f445de0ab567f42ef93e0507f.jpg

NBC’s Sunday Night Football is off to its best start in 19 years, posting massive audiences which are growing with each passing week of the NFL season. Sunday Night Football has posted viewership increases for seven consecutive games to open the season.

Through the first six weeks of the NFL season (which has featured seven broadcasts), the program is averaging 24.1 million viewers. This represents the best viewership for the NFL’s primetime package in 19 years, falling just short of the 24.5 million averaged back in 1996.

As you might imagine, these big numbers mean some big figures in some key demographics. The coveted 18-49 demographic is up 6% when compared to this point last season.

Football Night in America has a lot to be happy about as well as it’s the most-watch weekly studio show in all of sports and is averaging 9.8 million viewers.
http://awfulannouncing.com/2015/nbcs-sunday-night-football-off-to-best-start-in-19-years.html

Crisco

Banned
Thomas Davis is a man amongst boys.

http://blackandbluereview.com/thomas-davis-pops-in-finger-while-making-tackle/

With less than three minutes left, Seattle faced a 2nd-and-20 from its 30-yard line. As quarterback Russell Wilson was dumping off a pass to running back Marshawn Lynch, guard J.R. Sweezy went to block Davis. He shed the block rather easily, but that's when his finger popped out of its joint. No big deal, apparently.

While Davis fixed his finger, he kept his focus on Lynch and brought him down for no gain.
Moments later, Wilson was sacked, which led to a punt, which led to the Panthers' game-winning touchdown.

Wow.

Hunter S.

Hate is a strong word but I actually hate McDaniels. The Broncos are one of the most storied franchises in the NFL and he comes in and tries to be the Patriots west. Fans didn't want that. The weakness of the teams after 2006 was the defense. Especially in 2008, the Broncos had the worst defense the franchise had ever fielded. All he had to do was fix the defense but he got rid of three of the most talented offensive players they had instead.

Oh, he also traded a first round pick in the 2010 draft for a second round pick in the 2009 draft. McDaniels cut the player he drafted in 2010 and the Seahawks picked Earl Thomas with the pick he traded away. McDaniels is the master at wasting potential. I mean, seriously. Who does that?

I told everyone MCDaniels was a dumb fuck when he was hired. Many liked the change from Mike, but I hated it.

They then laughed at me when the Broncos went 5-0. I got the last laughs though when the team collapsed and missed the playoffs. And then the following year was the worst in Broncos modern NFL history. Boy, did I laugh a lot those years.

Thank Tebow that he came and relinquished us from our suffering.

Malalaw

So apparently someone is giving us a free 12x60 trailer home, all we gotta do is pay for the setup. Not too shabby, will see about that next week.

I told everyone MCDaniels was a dumb fuck when he was hired. Many liked the change from Mike, but I hated it.

They then laughed at me when the Broncos went 5-0. I got the last laughs though when the team collapsed and missed the playoffs. And then the following year was the worst in Broncos modern NFL history. Boy, did I laugh a lot those years.

You sure did!

I liked the move at first but then wanted him gone the second that there were rumors that he was going to trade Cutler. If I were offered a Head Coaching position in the NFL and that team had a player like Jay Cutler, I would keep him around simply for the fact that if you fail, you can say, "hey, I didn't have my guy at QB." I think he had two years of job security in Cutler and a third with another QB.

Thursday Night Fuckball.

Oh, that's the one that's kind of like working at the office, right? And I'm assuming this is also from there because it's definitely Jak:

Tonight's game is gonna be interesting, to say the least... Hope the Seahawks can do something about that MINUS 28 in points in the 4th quarter.

It's a anime I would say, that should be required watching for anyone who watches a decent amount of anime. It really shows you how it's made, why things go wrong, and the shit that studios have to possibly deal with.

Jarnet87

What a Turdsday night football game the NFL has lined up for us tonight. Niners and Seahawks. Fuck primetime games, just move the thursday, sunday, and monday night game to 4:00 PM on Sunday.

zychi

Banned
Why do i have to download rosters and updates in game? What is the point of leaving my console on standby mode if they dont automatically download and install?

Godslay

Banned

I wasn't a fan of the hire, I wanted Kubes to take over, Mech can vouch for me on this. I ended up getting my wish though as I always felt like it was his team to take over when Shanny left.

With that said, I went with it and hoped for the best. I remember watching some of the games with my Grandpa during that stretch of wins. He correctly prescribed that they weren't a good team. I was optimistic, but a little cautious after the years prior.

I remember the win over the Pats and how I felt more like it was a celebration of his ego than a team win over a rival. That's where I started to turn oddly enough.

I liked the move at first but then wanted him gone the second that there were rumors that he was going to trade Cutler. If I were offered a Head Coaching position in the NFL and that team had a player like Jay Cutler, I would keep him around simply for the fact that if you fail, you can say, "hey, I didn't have my guy at QB." I think he had two years of job security in Cutler and a third with another QB.

If I remember correctly there was a lot of crap out there painting Cutler in a bad light. Looking back, it was probably bullshit and probably McDs lackeys pushing it. Shame really, considering the more I learn about thr situation.

Leg one of my road trip to watch the Ravens get crushed by Arizona on Momsay Night Football is complete. Stopped at the Great Basin, and am now in Mammoth Lakes. Pretty amazing drive, incredibly scenic. Saw a bear. Now to check out some of the stuff here before watching this shitty game.

Top Bottom