• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 8 |OT| - A Fraud Knows What He Likes

jbug617

Banned
you know what I like Denver's defense tonight was that they tackled everything. You make a catch you are most like going to be down right at that spot.

I'm worried about the Pats o-line. Denver can get to the QB without blitzing.

Godslay

Banned
Yeah I agree.

Best bet, as always is to do what we did tonight. Play D well enough to keep them off the field, grind out drives with the O via the run. If they get going with dink and dunk short shit, it's going to be tough. The game then flips where we have to play their game of points matching.

GG Broncos GAF.

Hope we can rebound next week

GG Wienke.

GG Packers Gaf.

I don't see it happening this year. At season's end I expect them to be graded out in the 20-32 spot. That doesn't mean the team can't succeed with that, but I don't think they're a 'good' defense.

Defensive Bright Spots: DT Raji, SS Burnett, OLB Perry are all returning form injury, probably not in the best playing condition for Denver. Rookie CBs gain some much needed experience playing against someone like Peyton. The D Line plays well for the most part.

Defensive Dark hole: Hayward isn't a very good cover corner and doesn't seem to be turning the corner. The depth behind Matthews at ILB is passable so far; they look small and get pushed around. Terrible coverage in the middle of the field.
We'll see. I'm doubtful that this game is indicative of how the team will play when it matters. Getting pushed around like we did up front is pretty uncharacteristic for how we ended last year (and opened this season), and that was really the root of the blowout. Pass rush was mostly nonexistent. O-line was complete trash. Team got pushed around in general, from WRs to DBs. That's something I expect to see from the 2011-2013 Pack, not the 2015 Pack. I don't think it'll happen again.

Secondary... we'll see. A lot of young players, a lot of injury churn. Glad this happened against an AFC team! Tiebreakers still in play for HFA.

Receivers matter so much
They matter, but tbh having the greatest WR core in league history wouldn't have won the Pack tonight's game.

The trenches matter the most.

e: Can talk about guys not getting open, but the bigger issue was the pocket getting pushed back 5 yards leaving Rodgers with no throwing lanes.

Tabris

I can't wait for November 29th.

You better show up Gata, Bread, Dragon, and ... who's the other annoying Pats fans?

Oh, and November 15th too but that's not the same.

Draxal

They matter, but tbh having the greatest WR core in league history wouldn't have won the Pack tonight's game.

The trenches matter the most.

e: Can talk about guys not getting open, but the bigger issue was the pocket getting pushed back 5 yards leaving Rodgers with no throwing lanes.

It's also stuff like not trusting your wrs to run the proper hot routes, so many things can go wrong with all the turnover you had with wrs this year.

Generate

Banned
you know what I like Denver's defense tonight was that they tackled everything. You make a catch you are most like going to be down right at that spot.

Brady will be running around screaming like a little bitch.

It's also stuff like not trusting your wrs to run the proper hot routes, so many things can go wrong with all the turnover you had with wrs this year.
He had Cobb/Jones out there, they've been here for 4+ years. Other two guys were Adams and R-Rodgers, who've been around for the past 2.

Replays would show guys getting open (eventually), but there was nowhere for Rodgers to step into a throw. The best he could do was Favre it and pray

Godslay

Banned
I can't wait for November 29th.

You better show up Gata, Bread, Dragon, and ... who's the other annoying Pats fans?

Why wouldn't they be here...?

If we win, we are going to do it the right way. I want to beat them as much as anybody else, but there's no reason to start writing checks tonight. Let the product on the field speak for itself win, lose, or draw.

Freeman

Banned
Old man PFM still has something left. This season has been crazy for the Broncos, who would've guessed that the only "easy" win would come against GB?

Beautiful to see a running game working and TE showing up in the passing game.

Now a vengeance tour against Colts and John Fox, NE at Denver and all but one division games at home.

Not bad, not bad, best D in the NFL and a O that just had a great game against GB D.

It would make sense to want the Eagles to win next weekend and get the Cowboys 2-6 with a massive hole to climb out of but ugh. Even in that scenario - fuck the Eagles.

Then I think about Greg Hardy and well fuck the Cowboys, too. Nuke the stadium from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

TheFatOne

The more I watch other teams the less I worry about the Pats. Pats offense is designed to beat good front sevens. Not only that, but the Pats are one of the few teams in the NFL who can throw 40-50+ times a game and still win consistently. Andrews has been a stud, and Stork is coming back soon. My guess is that either Andrews or Stork moves inside to guard. They just do so much offensively, and are so damn adaptable it's hard to stop. Doesn't matter if your defense is elite with stud pass rushers if Brady is getting the ball out in 2 seconds on average. Pats offense right now is just insane.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
he will have one ring for each middle finger and 3 for his penis

tvs2sSG.png

Top Bottom