• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 8 |OT| - A Fraud Knows What He Likes

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Also, Denver has to take Kaep on the down low. (SF terms)

HW84FI2.jpg

Tom Penny

It's always amazing to look teams get great value when they trade for a player for a near worthless pick. Then there is the Colts.

It's always amazing to look teams get great value when they trade for a player for a near worthless pick. Then there is the Colts.

I'll never get over how the Colts trade for Trent went from looking terrible for the Browns, to turning out terrible for the Colts, to also turning out terrible for the Browns

A rare trade nobody won

Godslay

Banned
If Denver gets Joe Thomas, they pretty much will win the Superbowl.

There's a real issue with money with the trade. We had ~7-8M in cap space. VD trims that by around $2.5M so depending on the estimate we don't have the money for it. I don't know how it works out even if it was serious.

methodman

Banned
i'll always love vernon as a 9er. he made the greatest play in niner football for the past 20 years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzp_NIP-S8I

ever since kap became our primary qb, vd has been awful. IMO, a lot of that is on Kap NEVER throwing to VD. I think he still has a lot in the tank and hope he can get a lot of looks with Peyton. Glad we traded him to a playoff team.

Tom Nook

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 11s11 seconds ago
Here we go: 49ers trading TE Vernon Davis to Denver for 6th- and 7th-round picks this year, and a 6th-round pick in 2017, sources tell ESPN.

As a Niners fan, I'm happy for him. He deserves to be in a winning team and to be out in that awful organization.

There's a real issue with money with the trade. We had ~7-8M in cap space. VD trims that by around $2.5M so depending on the estimate we don't have the money for it. I don't know how it works out even if it was serious.

This, unless Elways works his magic and does a Clady for Thomas trade. We'd still be in trouble for next season with Von, Marshall and Trevathan all needing to get paid next year (all 3 are top 10 PFF for their position too) but I'm sure they'll cross that bridge when they get there regardless

Tom Penny

I'm pretty sure home field will decide who advances if it's Denver/Pats. It's going to be interesting because the Bengals, Broncos and Pats can't take their foot off the gas because there is too much at stake. I doubt Denver or Pats are scared to go to Cincinnati but I know no opposing team wants to go to Mile High or Foxboro.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
ever since kap became our primary qb, vd has been awful. IMO, a lot of that is on Kap NEVER throwing to VD. I think he still has a lot in the tank and hope he can get a lot of looks with Peyton. Glad we traded him to a playoff team.

Not entirely true. VD had a really good year in 2013, Kap's first full year as a starter.

Godslay

Banned
Sure, if you throw past coverage. With a real defensive plan, that doesn't work.

They're building or have built the team to be competitive even with Manning struggling. He's a big part of the team of course, but as you are beginning to see the focus will be defense and the running game. Manning should/will be throttled back as you saw last night. If the run game executes, then PM will have plenty of good looks.

This, unless Elways works his magic and does a Clady for Thomas trade. We'd still be in trouble for next season with Von, Marshall and Trevathan all needing to get paid next year (all 3 are top 10 PFF for their position too) but I'm sure they'll cross that bridge when they get there regardless

Marshall is a special case out of those three iirc. Still, a trade for Thomas would take some work and probably wouldn't be a great deal for us in the long term.

cdyhybrid

Is a change of scenery really going to do that much for Vernon Davis, honestly?
Well, going from Kaep throwing passes to you (or not, it seems) to Peyton is a big step up. Even if it's noodle-arm Peyton. Plus, he has one last chance at a ring now.

Top Bottom