• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 8 |OT| - A Fraud Knows What He Likes

I have a bad feeling about the game today.... And the events after.......
giphy.gif

Doorman

National TV blowout?

If Mayhew isn't fired this week, it ain't happening. Here's hoping.

I think there's a good chance of him getting canned, but not this week. It'll happen at the end of the season if at all.

I wonder how a team goes about replacing their entire scouting staff? It would be nice to get new looks in right now while there are still college games actively being played, but anybody that's on a good scouting department is probably already waist-deep on their own analyses and I'm not sure what the rules are in mid-season front office moves like that.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lions have a bye week after this game so Lions ownership will be looking at every option available. After Lombardi getting the can earlier than expected last week wouldn't be surprised to see more heads roll after this loss on national TV.

Austin next.

Caldwell the week after. Then Mayhew.

On that track, By the end of the year they sell the team.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I think there's a good chance of him getting canned, but not this week. It'll happen at the end of the season if at all.

I wonder how a team goes about replacing their entire scouting staff? It would be nice to get new looks in right now while there are still college games actively being played, but anybody that's on a good scouting department is probably already waist-deep on their own analyses and I'm not sure what the rules are in mid-season front office moves like that.

Go after Eliot Wolf after the season.

MechDX

I don't think a quick turnaround of a Thursday night game would stop the team from making long term trades. If they really are trying to move pieces
Isnt the trade deadline this week? before next Sundays games?

Yes:
NFL Trade Deadline Info

When: Tuesday, Nov. 3

Time: 4 p.m. ET

squicken

I don't think a quick turnaround of a Thursday night game would stop the team from making long term trades. If they really are trying to move pieces

Yes

Ah I thought it was later in the week. hmm

I just can't see them trading Thomas. Mack yes but not Joe. I'd love for Johnny to get moved too

RBH

Anyone else looking forward to the Raiders/Jets game today?

Sucks that I'll be on a plane for most of it.

Malalaw

Hour and a half until.....

GIANTS!!!!!

SAINTS!!!!!!!!!

ON FOX!!!!!!!

WATCH IT!!!

WATCH ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!

who dat

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I think Martin Mayhew (GM) and Tom Lewand (President) are potentially gone after this game.

The Detroit Lions have had IIRC 4 (or 5) GMs since the 1950's and ownership has a reputation for sticking with their GMs (see Matt Millen). But I think ownership wants that reputation to change.

With those 4 GMs we've had 1 playoff win in the last 50 years. I've liked a lot of the moves that Martin Mayhew has made but at the end of the day this is the roster he put together and the results are unacceptable. Teams like the Patriots and Packers go through injuries but do not fall apart like this.

With Caldwell you ride it out till the end of the season, fire him, and get someone like Sean Peyton to come in and make roster decisions.

Top Bottom