• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 8 |OT| - A Fraud Knows What He Likes

MechDX

Ben DuBose ‏@BenDuBose · 6m6 minutes ago  Houston, TX

Ben DuBose Retweeted Mark Berman
Would be hilarious if Yates is needed by the #Texans/Cincy MNF game (11/16) and he somehow beats the #Bengals again.

Red Rifle scared. TJ yates: Bengals killer

jakncoke

Banned
I blame the Europeans.

Time to draft Christian Jaknberg in the first round. /s

FUCK THE FIVE OTHER TEAMS GETTING THE FIRST PICK!! Stupid Detroid and Baltimore.

Lucky for you, you can now probably get him in the 3rd or later ! Hackenberg vs Savage war

Grew up in Houston for 18 years, went to college in Pittsburgh for 4 years, lcurrently living in Seattle for 3+ years, and still my first NFL game will be Giants v Jets in NYC at 25 with my college friends on December 6th.

It started off as a joke, then I bought plane tickets for a Friday-Sunday night trip. I don't even like either of the teams. At least I won't be depressed while having fun watching my college buddies pissing each other off.

what is wrong with me?

Hunter S.

I don't think you're fucked at all, but the Broncos won't win the game with the Chargers gameplan. They are like polar opposites. That was my only point.

Only used the Chargers as an example of imperfection because the Packers and Patriots are often treated as infallible this year by the media.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Ryan Mallett lol. Without a good HC I guess he just doesn't care about following rules and making flights

lol omg.

Rivers is such a turd

why does that make him a turd? At least he can afford anything and everything for his children.

Crisco

Banned
Rivers has done more with less than any QB in the league over his entire career. It's not just the talent surrounding him that's lacking, the man himself is as physically limited as any QB who's started for as long as he has. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady were more athletic at 35 than Rivers was at 25. What he's managed to do while basically dropping back and standing still 30-50 times a game is absolutely incredible given the freakish talent at DE and OLB these days.

Malalaw

Grew up in Houston for 18 years, went to college in Pittsburgh for 4 years, lcurrently living in Seattle for 3+ years, and still my first NFL game will be Giants v Jets in NYC at 25 with my college friends on December 6th.

It started off as a joke, then I bought plane tickets for a Friday-Sunday night trip.

what is wrong with me?

I'm 27 and still yet to go to a game! Soon tho..soon.

No attachment to either team? Well damn, that kinda makes it better as you can just enjoy it all the way through without having to worry about shit.

PDS ‏@PatDStat · 1m1 minute ago
#Texans have released Ryan Mallett.

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 26s26 seconds ago
The #Texans have released Ryan Mallett and are working to bring back T.J. Yates as their backup quarterback.

TJ TIME!! Its happening Dega! Someone is coming home.
BwXOxUT.gif

I'm 27 and still yet to go to a game! Soon tho..soon.

No attachment to either team? Well damn, that kinda makes it better as you can just enjoy it all the way through without having to worry about shit.

Yeah, it's refreshing after biting my nails through September for the Astros and the beginning of the Texans season being so depressing. Now at least both are out and I can stop being anxious during sports moments.

Striker

Rivers has done more with less than any QB in the league over his entire career. It's not just the talent surrounding him that's lacking...
Vincent Jackson, Antonio Gates, LaDainian Tomlinson, Darren Sproles, Michael Turner, etc.

Keenan Allen is a great get by the Chargers, too.

Line_HTX

Yeah, it's refreshing after biting my nails through September for the Astros and the beginning of the Texans season being so depressing. Now at least both are out and I can stop being anxious during sports moments.

Lol, do you actually have panic attacks or what?

Mets in 7. Fuck KC because IMO it sounds like OKC! >:p

Crisco

Banned
Vincent Jackson, Antonio Gates, LaDainian Tomlinson, Darren Sproles, Michael Turner, etc.

Keenan Allen is a great get by the Chargers, too.

I followed the Chargers pretty closely when they had those guys on the roster, and I can tell you that there were literally zero games where all of them were healthy at once. Plus his offensive line has always been a mess. Bottom line: I no longer blame Eli for avoiding that franchise, it was a sage decision.

Here's something to cheer you up Mech

One avatar of the finest
backup
QB in the state of North Carolina

da_zpsksvmmvla.png

Panthers Nation thanks you for the support

Lol, do you actually have panic attacks or what?

Mets in 7. Fuck KC because IMO it sounds like OKC! >:p

Astros games especially. I don't get mad like my father, who would just yell explitives. But I would have to focus my breathing after at bats. In...........Out. In........out.

Ya, it's bad. This has only developed the last couple of years. Luckily the astros have been shit for so long that it doesn't manifest itself almost ever.

Striker

I followed the Chargers pretty closely when they had those guys on the roster, and I can tell you that there were literally zero games where all of them were healthy at once. Plus his offensive line has always been a mess. Bottom line: I no longer blame Eli for avoiding that franchise, it was a sage decision.
They were always in contention with those guys. They had the Pats dead to rights in the AFC title game and Tomlinson Cutler'd himself out of the game. Defense picks off Tammy 3 times and they still lose.

Eli story had everything to do with management, aka AJ Smith. Look what happened to Marty.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I just realized that with mallett gone my bet with Godslay is... done? null? do I need an avatar too?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Rockets start up soon.

Then when that's over, Astros are back at it.

Houston sports depression knows no offseason.

Crisco

Banned
They were always in contention with those guys. They had the Pats dead to rights in the AFC title game and Tomlinson Cutler'd himself out of the game. Defense picks off Tammy 3 times and they still lose.

Eli story had everything to do with management, aka AJ Smith. Look what happened to Marty.

Oh they definitely had their window, but it slammed shut after about the second year of Norv Turner. The defense became a mess, all the offensive talent left or retired, and it was just Rivers trying to carry an otherwise bad team.

Rivers has done more with less than any QB in the league over his entire career. It's not just the talent surrounding him that's lacking, the man himself is as physically limited as any QB who's started for as long as he has. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady were more athletic at 35 than Rivers was at 25. What he's managed to do while basically dropping back and standing still 30-50 times a game is absolutely incredible given the freakish talent at DE and OLB these days.

Phillip Rivers played with a Hall of Fame running back and a Hall of Fame Tight End and had a defense that had some borderline Hall of Famers on it.

"I’d say they’ve simplified it," Belichick said. "The number of the things they’re running, like the number of calls that they have, it appears to be definitely a lot less than what it was before, and so they’re trying to, I’d say it looks like they’re doing fewer things than they’ve done. They’re doing them better. They’re playing faster. They’re more aggressive. So it looks like they’ve cut back the scheme a little bit defensively for higher execution."

Dolphins defensive lineman Ndamukong Suh seems to have benefited as much as anyone from the changing style. Over the last two games, Suh has put up seven tackles, two sacks and four pass breakups. Through the first four games of the year, he had 10 tackles, zero sacks and zero pass breakups.

"They’re a very talented defense," Belichick said. "Really good up front . . . Both ends, both tackles, linebackers, but yeah, they are all a problem. Suh, he’s near the top of the list, that’s for sure."

We got bill sweating!!

Texans are dumpster fire, can't even look forward to the draft talk, because the Texans suck at that too.

I guess Mallett needed to go, not mad at that, but 2 out of the last 3 games they've been down 40+ points... fix that O'brien. Tired of hearing that it's on him, that he needs to do better.

Will keep watching to see how much worse it gets this season. Go Texans!

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Rockets start up soon.

Then when that's over, Astros are back at it.

Houston sports depression knows no offseason.

wut? The only team that's depressing is the Texans. Rockets went to the western conference finals and got beat by a better team. So what did they do? They tried to get better in the offseason. They should have had the MVP, coach of the year and or executive of the year though. No way that team makes the playoffs without Harden, given how much Dwight was hurt.

Astros, already ahead of schedule, they have one of the best starting pitchers in the league, and the best young player in the league with a lot of young talent around them.

MechDX

wut? The only team that's depressing is the Texans. Rockets went to the western conference finals and got beat by a better team. So what did they do? They tried to get better in the offseason. They should have had the MVP, coach of the year and or executive of the year though. No way that team makes the playoffs without Harden, given how much Dwight was hurt.

Astros, already ahead of schedule, they have one of the best starting pitchers in the league, and the best young player in the league with a lot of young talent around them.

And it will all be wasted because Houston.

Striker

Giants negoiating with JPP right now about a deal.

Kind of crazy (sad) that he'll probably be back before Cruz does.

Top Bottom