• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 9 |OT| - A Fraud Had Some Nice Shoes

Can this game match the fuckery that was from their first matchup?

TITANS WILL CLASH

giphy.gif

VS

tumblr_mkim2gzefA1rhkyyso1_400.gif

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
The story really isn't Blaine Gabbert. The 49ers were held to a respectable 17pts. The story is our offense shit the bed.

Replace Gabbert's name with Kaepernick and he gets eviscerated for that game. Headlines: "49ers win despite Kaepernick's two picks", "QB frequently off target but defense saves the day", "First time all season there was a pocket but QB still picked twice. WHAT NOW???"

lol

Well despite the loss the Broncos did a decent job coming back. Not too upset about the loss since I had a feeling this was a trap game. Between Chud getting the OC job, Colts in a desperate position and the Broncos probably feeling themselves a bit too much after last Sunday I thought it would come down to the wire -- it did. Doesn't help that Sanders was dropping passes again and the running game went south. Hopefully once Davis gets more acclimated he can be more of a factor. Not really sweating this too much.

Godslay

Banned
Well despite the loss the Broncos did a decent job coming back. Not too upset about the loss since I had a feeling this was a trap game. Between Chud getting the OC job, Colts in a desperate position and the Broncos probably feeling themselves a bit too much after last Sunday I thought it would come down to the wire -- it did. Doesn't help that Sanders was dropping passes again and the running game went south. Hopefully once Davis gets more acclimated he can be more of a factor. Not really sweating this too much.

Pretty much agree with all this.

Can't crown them in November, can't have a funeral either.

We'll just have to wait for the 1 and Done© to do that!

For some reason the Broncos losing to the lowly Colts and the Falcons fading away again make me feel better about the Packers loss.

This is the low point in my season

good game for the niners. really impressed with our run defense. felt like our old defenses! stop the run, force them to pass and get some pressure.

as for gabbert, overall a pretty good game. i don't give a flying fuck about the statline (which wasn't bad). what i care about is watching the actual game and the throws he made. he anticipated MANY of his throws, something kap rarely does. take one of the early throws to patton. he threw the ball outside before patton ever started his break. the result? easy first down. he had accurate throws and stood in the pocket. we had 5 or 6 drops (including the one kap threw). my problem with kap is he will NOT try these throws. if you aren't wide open, he won't let the ball go because he is afraid to make a mistake. this is why he was benched and why he should stay benched until he figures that out.

with that said, kap might have been able to win this game as well. we had good protection and a good defense so i'm not saying gabbert "won" the game for us but he showed a lot of things that kap didn't show. maybe this all changes once teams get footage or gabbert or whatever, i don't really give a shit. for ONE game we had a QB who attempt throws that an average NFL qb is expected to make and run a functional offense.

effzee

Hope the Eagles team that showed up for the Saints and Giants games shows up tonight.

I better also see some screen passes. It's almost disappeared completely from the offense and was a staple.

Replace Gabbert's name with Kaepernick and he gets eviscerated for that game. Headlines: "49ers win despite Kaepernick's two picks", "QB frequently off target but defense saves the day", "First time all season there was a pocket but QB still picked twice. WHAT NOW???"

lol
Let's not go crazy here, Squidward wouldn't have seen a wide open Celek, let alone throw to him.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Hardy is such a shit stain.

edit: Doh, forgot I was watching the NBC pregame on DVR.

Top Bottom