• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

NjoT5Bp.gif
That shirt though

squicken

Interesting that Philly would be interested in McAdoo. I still think they want Gase but aren't going to rush anything

PFF considers quarterback accuracy irrelevant according to Palazollozolozlo so any ball that is within a few yards of a receiver is a drop. Their drop rates are hyper-inflated. So thank you for posting the Stats Inc. numbers.

Their drop definition is really liberal. Basically two hands on the ball equals drop.

I prefer ESPN and Stats where the ball has to very obviously be a drop of what is normally a routine catch

Interesting that Philly would be interested in McAdoo. I still think they want Gase but aren't going to rush anything

Their drop definition is really liberal. Basically two hands on the ball equals drop.

I prefer ESPN and Stats where the ball has to very obviously be a drop of what is normally a routine catch
Yeah everything I have heard the last day has them wanting Gase. Wonder when they will hire him. I am very curious to see who is on his staff.

Nialrot

Seems like a good time to test the draft to be honest.

Already has his degree, has the Lou Groza award, considered one of the best college kickers in the nation, national championship and his little brother is early enrolling at FSU to take his place.

Not much else you could/want to do left for him in college. Time for him to make some money and hes probably going to be drafted absurdly early by some kicker needy team.

Spinluck

Or the fact that Cam beat Russel earlier in the season at Wussle's place.

Should be interesting if both teams meet in the playoffs again.

I will never understand how teams like SEA can just kick it into gear like this 3yrs straight. That defense looks scary again.

Line_HTX

Hmm... so being on Hard Knocks was good fortune for the Texans in the end. Well, at least, I think it was more good than bad overall.

Winners: Bill O'Brien, Vince Wilfork, Charles James II AKA Sock Game, Texans' brand, and Mike Vrabel.

Losers: Mallet, Hoyer, motherfucking defense CAN'T SPELL like Cushing and Simon, fans of Arian Foster, and former coach Mike Smith.

Oh, and one other thing. Watt has been named AFC Defensive Player of the Week for Week 17.

=D

20160103_texansgallery_11.jpg

Lol, to be fair he performed at an NFL level in the preseason. The media cursed us with all those damn SB picks, and he almost did beat the Panthers!

It could always be worse...

rg3-roy-feb13.jpg

Cowboys gonna have a 2016 QB depth chart of Romo, RG3, and Manziel

By week 17, they'll still be starting someone off the streets because they'll all be broken physically and mentally again

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.

That was Lombardi's standard.

Take a run at the hot candidate or lean on the familiar? That’s the debate going on inside the NovaCare, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

Appearing on the 97.5 The Fanatic morning show, Schefter said the Eagles are high on Bears offensive coordinator Adam Gase, but don’t want to rush into anything given their recent experiences with Chip Kelly.

"I do believe that Philadelphia is highly interested in Adam Gase. I think the Eagles are in a situation here where if it weren't for their past, it wouldn't surprise me if they already would have made a play to hire Adam Gase," said Schefter. "But I think what's going on there is the fact that they rushed to hire Chip Kelly and I think they don't believe that they spent as much time with him as they probably should have and got to know him as well as they should have, and so what you're wrestling with here is, you're trying to move quickly on a candidate before somebody else does while still making sure that you have a very good handle on the type of person he is and the coach he would be. They don't want to make that same mistake that they did the last time but they don't want to lose a guy they really like."

Regardless, Schefter believes the 37-year-old Gase is near the top of their wish list, and said the same goes for Kansas City offensive coordinator Doug Pederson.

"When you look at Jeffrey Lurie and his character and his tendencies, he's going to want a dynamic offensive mind, that's just the way that I view this. So who fits into that category? And I think they are going to be drawn to Adam Gase's talents and his upside and his personality and his leadership abilities and all those things that these other teams also are. I think that they are going to be drawn to the comfort of knowing Doug Pederson. I don't know what wins out and prevails," he said.

"In a perfect world I think they'd love to go to somebody that they know, that they feel comfortable with, that they're not going to be surprised by. That's reassuring; that's comfort food for the Eagles during this coaching process. But the question is: as tasty as this comfort meal might be, are we better off swinging for the fences and going for somebody that we don't know quite as much? To me, that's one of the biggest questions this organization is grappling with."

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2...lieves-eagles-highly-interested-in-adam-gase/

Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane 19m #Eagles interviewed Adam Gase approx. 8 hrs. Like Howie Roseman, doesn't come from traditional football background. Didn't play in college.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 22s22 seconds ago Sounds like Adam Gase impressed in Philly. I'm told the #Eagles plan to bring him back for a second interview this weekend.

Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane 1m Jeff McLane Retweeted Ian Rapoport
Length of interview indicated common ground. Gase still to meet with Browns/Dolphins this week. Maybe Giants, too

My god I cant imagine an 8 hour interview.

Should be interesting if both teams meet in the playoffs again.

I will never understand how teams like SEA can just kick it into gear like this 3yrs straight. That defense looks scary again.

Cam's been shitty for 4.75 games against that defense, he's due to put a good one together, right?

Right?

I'd say this is going to be the first time Cam has more than 1 receiver to throw to

He has the same supporting cast he had week 6 of this season. EDIT: Devin Funchess is way better now than he was then, you right

When he was shitty...until it was money time.

gregolsenbustinguptheLOB.gif

rando14

@BovadaLV: #Cardinals, #Panthers, #Patriots, #Seahawks all 19/4 to win Super Bowl.

Well, all 4 of those teams are done. Congrats Chiefs!!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Patriots lead the league as always in fewest fumbles per possession. Must be sneaking those deflated balls somehow still. Ridiculously stupid argument #5000 put to bed.

On top of this, it only affirms this- belichick and anybody who is allowed in bradys stable will NOT fumble the ball often or their career as a patriot will be short lived. This is why the pats lead every single year in that category.

Patriots lead the league as always in fewest fumbles per possession. Must be sneaking those deflated balls somehow still. Ridiculously stupid argument #5000 put to bed.

On top of this, it only affirms this- belichick and anybody who is allowed in bradys stable will NOT fumble the ball often or their career as a patriot will be short lived. This is why the pats lead every single year in that category.

They only lead because Dion Lewis got injured early in the season

Interesting taking a look at the final 7 games of Wilson and Newton's seasons. If you just isolate the passing stats, you get:

Wilson: 1,906 yards, 71% completion percentage, 24 TDs, 1 INT
Newton: 1,800 yards, 64%, 20 TDs, 1 INT

If you add in rushing statistics tho, they produced virtually identical numbers over that stretch:

Wilson: 2,104 total yards, 25 total TDs, 2 turnovers
Newton: 2,070 total yards, 24 total TDs, 2 turnovers

Saw a documentary about College Campus rape and Famous Jameis.

Fuck him #TeamHammer

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/01...idering-retiring/?cid=twitter_971theticketxyt

Terry Foster: Calvin Johnson Is Seriously Considering Retiring
January 6, 2016 1:49 PM

By: Terry Foster
@terryfoster971

Calvin Johnson is in pain. That is why he is seriously considering retiring from the NFL.

This is not a ploy to earn more money. He does not want to take a dig at the Lions, the only team he’s played for the last nine seasons.

He is simply in pain.

Johnson, 30, has talked to former teammates about what it is like to be retired.

Do they miss the game?

Are they miserable away from the game?

What are they doing as family men and former players?

Johnson cleaned out his locker Tuesday and notified the Lions he might be making that move.

Johnson has no desire to play for another team and could leave after nine seasons and in relative good health. He stands to lose at least $24 million in salary but Johnson has already earned more than $160 million in career earnings. He is not known as a spend thrift and should be in good shape for the rest of his career. He could earn millions annually from investments alone from his nest egg.

Johnson has suffered a number of injuries which forced him to miss practices the past few seasons but only three games the past three years. However, Johnson was in obvious pain and took a more secondary role with the team. He finished the 2015 season with 88 catches for 1,214 yards and five touchdowns. It was just his fifth most productive season of his career. But Johnson’s 13.8 yards per catch was the lowest of his career.

You can reach Terry Foster at Terry.Foster@cbsradio.com.

Welp.

Top Bottom