• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

I've always liked you, ez - hold on to that innocence!

should be the RL theme song

and Madden theme song
It is the RL theme song only because we slaughter the will to live of whoever we play.

Only 1 guy fits the dolphins current culture

its Gase

look at that fuckin goober
Dammit, you're right.

"And I have been told by multiple people that Ross most likes Adam Gase at the start of these interviews."

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...ven-as-the-miami-dolphins-wade-through-t.html

"I want to crush their dreams"
ctd.png

jbug617

Banned
McDaniels not interviewing with any team this weekend. He is concentrating on the team.

Despite plenty of interest, #Patriots OC Josh McDaniels will not interview for head coaching jobs this weekend. Focused on the game

This is literally every Eagles fans worst fear. Howie has fought with every single person that he has had to work with. The fact that Lurie chose him over Banner, who he was friends with since childhood, just shows that Howie is untouchable.

I trust that Lurie knows what he's doing. He didn't become a billionaire by letting his employees manipulate him. I think this Howie power struggle thing is being overblown.

You are crazy if you think the Howie stuff is overblown. No one sticks around and it is beauces of him. How many personal guys have come and gone in the last five years? It is crazy that he is still allowed in the building at all. Also lol at Lurie being a billionaire. His parents are rich and they gave little Jeffery some money to play with. Good on him for not blowing it all but he is not some titan of industry who pulled himself up by his bootstraps.

BigAT

This is literally every Eagles fans worst fear. Howie has fought with every single person that he has had to work with. The fact that Lurie chose him over Banner, who he was friends with since childhood, just shows that Howie is untouchable.

You are crazy if you think the Howie stuff is overblown. No one sticks around and it is beauces of him. How many personal guys have come and gone in the last five years? It is crazy that he is still allowed in the building at all. Also lol at Lurie being a billionaire. His parents are rich and they gave little Jeffery some money to play with. Good on him for not blowing it all but he is not some titan of industry who pulled himself up by his bootstraps.

Would you say Howie is very scheming and gets his claws into everything?

squicken

Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar
Highest QBR under pressure, 2015
1. Tyrod Taylor 58.2
2. Ryan Fitzpatrick 53.6
3. Carson Palmer 48.1
32. Brian Hoyer 1.5
33. Nick Foles 1.2

Would you say Howie is very scheming and gets his claws into everything?

No idea but he seems to really struggle with working with other people. The turnover in the Eagles FO since he came to power is insane, and then you have all this consensus crap so no one ever has to take responsibility for any moves.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...kelly-staff-duce-staley-dave-fipp-cory-undlin

While the Eagles’ new head coach likely will be free to hire all of his own assistants, I’m told four of Chip Kelly’s assistants will be recommended by Lurie and Howie Roseman as possible "keeps’’ to the new coach: special teams coordinator Dave Fipp, running backs coach Duce Staley, defensive backs coach Cory Undlin and offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland.

I am sure that a lot of top coaches will be dying to come to a job where they have to work with Howie, and they are not free to pick their own staff. \

On Tiki and Tireny this morning, Brandon Tireny said that multiple teams have contacted the Ravens about the availability of Harbs. I have no doubt that the Eagles are on that list. The problem is that they think the Ravens will ask for more then the Saints asked for Payton, which was a first.

Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar
Highest QBR under pressure, 2015
1. Tyrod Taylor 58.2
2. Ryan Fitzpatrick 53.6
3. Carson Palmer 48.1
32. Brian Hoyer 1.5
33. Nick Foles 1.2

Thank you so much for this my friend. Even when things are at their darkest there is still stuff like this to bring me happiness.

squicken

No problem, YH. I always know some Nick Foles stats will cheer your up. I posted the other day on Bradford's second half numbers, and Paul Domowitch has some additional stuff. One of his notes btw is that Lurie is wary of Gruden b/c he thinks he won't get along with Howie

http://mobile.philly.com/beta?wss=/philly/sports/eagles&id=364586031

Third down was one of two areas in which Bradford dramatically improved in the second half of the season. His third-down numbers in his first seven starts were abysmal - a 47.9 completion percentage, a league-low 4.04 yards per attempt and a 51.8 rating. Just 25.3 percent of his third-down attempts resulted in first downs.

In his last seven starts, however, he had a 62.2 third-down completion percentage and averaged 6.9 yards per attempt. Thirty-one of his 74 third-down pass attempts, or 41.9 percent, went for first downs in those seven games.

The other area that Bradford showed night-and-day improvement over his last seven starts was in his intermediate passing. According to Pro Football Focus, he had a 129.7 passer rating on throws of 10 to 19 yards in his last seven games. Completed an impressive 72.6 percent of his throws from that distance and averaged 14.6 yards per attempt. Had seven touchdowns and three interceptions.

In his first seven starts, Bradford's passer rating on throws of 10 to 19 yards was just 48.0. Had a 40.4 passer rating and averaged 7.8 yards per attempt. Three touchdowns and six interceptions.

Line_HTX

Sam Bradford was reportedly "very upset" when Eagles fired Chip Kelly

NFL Network reporter Albert Breer dropped an interesting tidbit during an interview with Mike Missanelli on 97.5 The Fanatic on Thursday afternoon. According to Breer, Eagles quarterback Sam Bradford wasn't thrilled with the team's decision to fire Chip Kelly. In fact, according to Breer, he was "very upset." Breer touched on this in response to a question about how the new coaching hire will impact Bradford's future.

"I think it all depends on who they hire as the coach," Breer said. "Sam’s been through a lot. Go back to his rookie year with Pat Shurmur, he leaves, he gets Josh McDaniels his second year, obviously things in St. Louis went sideways at the end with the last two years with him having ACL tears. He never really played a full year uninjured with the same coordinator two years in a row, and that’s going to be the case again this year unless they hire Pat Shurmur as the head coach."

"My sense of it, at least — and I’ve heard Sam was very upset when they fired Chip — my sense of it is that Sam would probably prioritize stability. If you’re trying to sell Sam Bradford on staying in Philadelphia, I think you’re going to have to show him a model that looks like it’s going to be stable for at least a few years so he can grow through it."

Sam was one of the good ones. So sad to see him go.

Line_HTX

Not that I know of. Those are just two guys whose voices are awful and who do audio only content.

Dameshek is baffling to me. I have no idea where he came from or why he is employed by the NFL, but he is clueless.

But the Shek Report Brown Paper Bag of Shame is good to kill 5 minutes though!

I can't think of a team that needs Bradford even close to as much as the Eagles, not just on the field but in attracting HCs. Sounds like
It's going to cost them.

I mean if Sanchez is the QB might as well completely rebuild, hire Tomsula to take the fall and try gain next year hopefully in a good spot to draft a QB

squicken

I can't think of a team that needs Bradford even close to as much as the Eagles, not just on the field but in attracting HCs. Sounds like
It's going to cost them.

I am pretty sure Pederson will be Philly's coach, and they are just getting info and biding their time until they can interview him

The thing is, the Eagles aren't going to franchise Bradford. So he's a free agent. It's almost silly to still think of him as their QB. If Chip was going to believe in a player enough to give up a 2nd round pick to get him, he should have been willing to offer a contract extension.

I still think Bradford goes to Houston. It just makes too much sense. Maybe he follows Chip if he gets a job somewhere

The thing is, the Eagles aren't going to franchise Bradford. So he's a free agent. It's almost silly to still think of him as their QB. If Chip was going to believe in a player enough to give up a 2nd round pick to get him, he should have been willing to offer a contract extension.

I thought he did, but Bradford said no.

I am pretty sure Pederson will be Philly's coach, and they are just getting info and biding their time until they can interview him

I still think Bradford goes to Houston. It just makes too much sense. Maybe he follows Chip if he gets a job somewhere

I thought of that too, it all depends on how well Hoyer plays in the post season. If he does well I don't see the benefit in swapping him with Bradford.

squicken

It should have been a condition of the trade. It was just silly of Chip to give up a 2nd round pick for any player that wasn't under contract beyond the coming year

As far as the extension, there's been disputing reports. After the year, Bradford said they never offered him an extension. La Canfora said their was an offer in the preseason for $18m/yr. I have a hard time believing he would have turned down that deal

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Right in a stupid way.

A. QB Winz
B. Joe Montana had two different seasons where he played 15 games and his team lost one.
C. QB Winz

It's not like his original post was trying to make a point.

It should have been a condition of the trade. It was just silly of Chip to give up a 2nd round pick for any player that wasn't under contract beyond the coming year

As far as the extension, there's been disputing reports. After the year, Bradford said they never offered him an extension. La Canfora said their was an offer in the preseason for $18m/yr. I have a hard time believing he would have turned down that deal

I have a hard time believing that. If it's true I can see why Bradford is sad Chip left lol

Out of all the terrible names that have been mentioned so far for HC, Pederson is by far the worst. I will be seriously despondent if they hire him.

The talk in Philly is that they were talking about a contract but that the Eagles wanted to structure it like the Kap deal where they can basically cut him without to much penalty, and Bradford said no way.

Top Bottom