• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

TDR I made this for you then forgot. So here is a callback

LastQueasyKillerwhale.gif
:')

You're a great guy, ez. I don't care what Tabris says!

As I mentioned earlier, #93 for Nebraska is Suh. Tyrod clowns all over him on this play!

squicken

This is some real hindsight is 20/20 shit, because I got crucified for even suggesting this.

Packers and Niners moved on from their QBs when they got old, and when they had 1st round QBs waiting in the wings. And they had gotten old. Flacco was like 26 and had just completed an insane Superbowl run. There's a pretty big difference there.

Good point, though Young was damaged goods when SF traded for him. But he had played while Montana was hurt and done very well

MechDX

In your defense:

AvGyf1Z.gif

In hindsight the game that turned them around. O'Brien admitted his mistakes and the team finally bought in.

IMO, that was huge for BOB to do and took a ton of humility. How many coaches in this league would openly admit to their players they screwed up royally and learn from it?

Bowser

But as fans we don't have all the information that a team does. So for us, the perfectly rational move is to pay Flacco. But the Ravens should have known. The Packers moved on from Brent. SF moved on from Montana. If those teams can move on from those guys, then BAL could have move on from Joe Flacco

You're being intentionally obtuse to compare the Favre and Montana situations with Flacco. Favre was 39 when the Packers traded him to the Jets. Montana was 37 when he was shipped to KC. Both franchises had former first round picks waiting in the wings.

Flacco was 25 years old coming off a SB MVP performance and he put up 11 TDs to 0 INTs that postseason. He bet on himself and cashed in. Tyrod was in no way comparable to having someone like Young or Rodgers waiting to take the reins from a past his prime veteran.

Godslay

Banned
And those three crippled playoff team victories are more impressive than any win on the Texans schedule, except maybe the Jets.

That's all fair and fun, but that doesn't tell us much about how these teams will match up against one another.

KC won the first bout, credit to them. That game wasn't really close.

The only problem is, that was way back in September.

I guess I'll reserve my judgment until after the game Saturday. I think KC is talented, but I'm not sure how good of a team they are. My initial feeling is that they are more consistent than the Texans, but not necessarily the leap you would see between say the Pats and the Texans.

eznark

Banned
That's all fair and fun, but that doesn't tell us much about how these teams will match up against one another.

KC won the first bout, credit to them. That game wasn't really close.

The only problem is, that was way back in September.

I guess I'll reserve my judgment until after the game Saturday. I think KC is talented, but I'm not sure how good of a team they are. My initial feeling is that they are more consistent than the Texans, but not necessarily the leap you would see between say the Pats and the Texans.

Ever since your ban, which must have been incredibly traumatic, you take a whole ton of words to say literally nothing.

Are you running for office? You're like that consultant from the latest season of Veep who is terrified of having their own opinion.

In hindsight the game that turned them around. O'Brien admitted his mistakes and the team finally bought in.

IMO, that was huge for BOB to do and took a ton of humility. How many coaches in this league would openly admit to their players they screwed up royally and learn from it?
It's true, the turnaround has been very impressive. That said, at that point in the season EVERYONE was doubting O'Brien and poking fun at him. There was no way to defend him after that game, it looked like the team had completely quit on him. Good on him for finding a way to turn it around and prove everyone wrong.

On a more personal note, you got a turnaround that led to a playoff berth and I got some great highlights. Everyone's a winner!

jakncoke

Banned
Ever since your ban, which must have been incredibly traumatic, you take a whole ton of words to say literally nothing.

Are you running for office? You're like that consultant from the latest season of Veep who is terrified of having their own opinion.

how many people actually want to be a state rep or governor of Wyoming ?

It's true, the turnaround has been very impressive. That said, at that point in the season EVERYONE was doubting O'Brien and poking fun at him. There was no way to defend him after that game, it looked like the team had completely quit on him. Good on him for finding a way to turn it around and prove everyone wrong.

On a more personal note, you got a turnaround that led to a playoff berth and I got some great highlights. Everyone's a winner!

Speaking of highlights, have you seen Tannehills highlights for the year? He had some really nice throws, especially the deep ball.

MechDX

You're still 1-7 lifetime vs. the Texans!

sorry couldnt help myself!

Speaking of highlights, have you seen Tannehills highlights for the year? He had some really nice throws, especially the deep ball.
I have not! That is an interesting point, though. Honestly I bet he made more impressive throws this season than any other, and he showed clear growth and improvement in his long ball accuracy. He's a frustratingly strange player but I think the right coaching staff and a decent o-line could bring it all together.

You're still 1-7 lifetime vs. the Texans!

sorry couldnt help myself!
I am just happy to see a one instead of a zero. Finally!

Line_HTX

I'm happy that Miami got to beat us down and give us the wakeup call we need. I took out all my grief on Chris and LaFarebear, but it turned out okay in the end. It was necessary.

^_^

Godslay

Banned

We can shovel horseshit back and forth, but there's no way of really knowing what the outcome will be. I guess KC will just have to convince me that they are head and shoulders above the Texans like you seem to imply they are.

As far as the ban, I've tried to be congenial ever since then. That even applied to you after the Broncos and Packers game this year. If I have to shit on someone I will, otherwise there's no need to get worked up.

how many people actually want to be a state rep or governor of Wyoming ?

Odds are you've got the best shot to win it there. So maybe I've got a chance?

squicken

Is the full All Pro list anywhere? It's a bummer Peterson is a unanimous All Pro. I get he deserves it on field but I'd just rather not see good things come his way if he's going to act like he did nothing wrong

eznark

Banned
Is the full All Pro list anywhere? It's a bummer Peterson is a unanimous All Pro. I get he deserves it on field but I'd just rather not see good things come his way if he's going to act like he did nothing wrong

Let's pretend we are outraged that the Cowboys signed Greg Hardy though

MechDX

Neat, I now own Destiny and the SP. Love shareplay.

I loved Destiny but man when you hit the level wall you slam into it hard. On Xbox One?

Been looking and cant find it yet

I have not! That is an interesting point, though. Honestly I bet he made more impressive throws this season than any other, and he showed clear growth and improvement in his long ball accuracy. He's a frustratingly strange player but I think the right coaching staff and a decent o-line could bring it all together.

I am just happy to see a one instead of a zero. Finally!

His accuracy and ball placement improved over all compared to last year and I think his decision making for the most part also improved, he still has issues with footwork and he'll still lock down on a WR once in a while, I think you're right but we both know Ross won't find the right staff....

MechDX

Yep, Xbox.

I can hop on this evening and help you speed level. Basically we part up and run missions/quests my high level blows all your low level enemies away and you get the experience. Can also speed run you through some story missions.

His accuracy and ball placement improved over all compared to last year and I think his decision making for the most part also improved, he still has issues with footwork and he'll still lock down on a WR once in a while, I think you're right but we both know Ross won't find the right staff....

Every QB that has worked under Chip has had the best season of their career. He could do great things with Tanny, plus he has already shown that he can beat the cheat. Do it Ross!

Godslay

Banned
Shut the thread down because we can't predict the future

We should have shut the thread down and launched a search party for you after the Packers/Broncos game.

I don't think concerning ourselves with what will happen in the future was nearly as grave as that situation.

Succint?

Spinluck

Beat a Colts team playing above their talent level, in Indy with Brandon Weeden for petes sake. QB who wasn't even on the roster 3 weeks prior.

Mech pls, that Colts team was trash during that stretch.

Coming off 2 straight weeks of pathetic blowout losses to the Steelers and Jags. Then losing to a Texans team because we had virtually no offense in the second half (just like the two previous weeks), and Hasslebald was broken and couldn't throw more than 15-20yds effectively. If we didn't get to play the Dolphins and Titans to close the season, we probably finish with a losing record. Me and Narag were literally calling the Texans game, we knew we were probably going to lose given how terrible we were in that stretch lol, and most of Texans GAF was pulling their hair. The reason it seemed close is because those games are usually close, but there was no reason Texans should've lost that game, we fielded some really pitiful play in that stretch.

I think the Texans/Chiefs game comes down to Small Hands. But I don't think the teams are that far apart skill wise. If I had to pick, I'd give a very slight edge to Small Hands and Reid, no matter how you crack it, a 10 game winning streak isn't easy in the NFL.

eznark

Banned
We should have shut the thread down and launched a search party for you after the Packers/Broncos game.

I don't think concerning ourselves with what will happen in the future was nearly as grave as that situation.

Succint?

Sorry I didn't post bar pics like inebriated, friend. I didn't think youd be interested

MechDX

Mech pls, that Colts team was trash during that stretch.

Coming off 2 straight weeks of pathetic blowout losses to the Steelers and Jags. Then losing to a Texans team because we had virtually no offense in the second half (just like the two previous weeks), and Hasslebald was broken and couldn't throw more than 15-20yds effectively. If we didn't get to play the Dolphins and Titans to close the season, we probably finish with a losing record. Me and Narag were literally calling the Texans game, we knew we were probably going to lose given how terrible we were in that stretch lol, and most of Texans GAF was pulling their hair. The reason it seemed close is because those games are usually close, but there was no reason Texans should've lost that game, we fielded some really pitiful play in that stretch.

I think the Texans/Chiefs game comes down to Small Hands. But I don't think the teams are that far apart skill wise. If I had to pick, I'd give a very slight edge to Small Hands and Reid, no matter how you crack it, a 10 game winning streak isn't easy in the NFL.

Never said it wasn't its just not as impressive when you break it down. Same way people say the Texans winning the AFCS isnt impressive when you break it down.

Oh and as for you other part of your comment:

43-brandon-weeden-run-over-by-flag-best-sports-gifs-of-2012.gif

ThatWasMyQBfortheColtsGame.gif

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 8m8 minutes ago
J.J. Watt was a unanimous first-team All-Pro selection and DeAndre Hopkins was named to the second team. #Texans

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 1m1 minute ago
Antonio Brown and Julio Jones. RT @GeneEgdorf: @taniaganguli who are first team wr

Nuk!!!!.

http://i.imgur.com/ovHjMh6.gif

Malalaw

I can hop on this evening and help you speed level. Basically we part up and run missions/quests my high level blows all your low level enemies away and you get the experience. Can also speed run you through some story missions.

Tempting. I'll get with my friend and see if he wants to do it. I had the game on ps4 and was high level so the faster I do this bullshit again the better!

Spinluck

Never said it wasn't its just not as impressive when you break it down. Same way people say the Texans winning the AFCS isnt impressive when you break it down.

Oh and as for you other part of your comment:

43-brandon-weeden-run-over-by-flag-best-sports-gifs-of-2012.gif

ThatWasMyQBfortheColtsGame.gif

I'm not even fucking with you when I say this, but I don't think you guys when that game with Hoyer. Weeden was the key all along after all these years, he reversed the curse.

MechDX

I'm not even fucking with you when I say this, but I don't think you guys when that game with Hoyer. Weeden was the key all along after all these years, he reversed the curse.

Nope it was Andre. He still hasn't won a game between the Texans and Colts in Lucas Oil stadium

Top Bottom