• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

Any coach that comes in and does not keep Dave Fipp is a complete and total moron.

Fipp has done an amazing job with the Eagles ST, that still doesnt mean that a prospective coach wont have his own guy. A smart owner would leave it up to the new HC to pick his own staff. The Eagles have set this search up in such a way that they will be forced to settle for some bottom of the barrel scrub like Pederson.

Fipp has done an amazing job with the Eagles ST, that still doesnt mean that a prospective coach wont have his own guy. A smart owner would leave it up to the new HC to pick his own staff. The Eagles have set this search up in such a way that they will be forced to settle for some bottom of the barrel scrub like Pederson.

If someone doesn't take a job because they are saddled with arguably the best ST coach in the league over the last few years then I am glad.

MechDX

trey wingo ‏@wingoz 42m42 minutes ago
Fun fact: The only player on @HoustonTexans active roster that has a playoff TD on his resume? @JJWatt with a pick six in 2011 postseason

Mechs fuck you fact of the day

Dragon

Banned
So how many obnoxious Panthers fans have you been dealing with lately? ;)

Thankfully losing to the Falcons shut them up. There's a guy in the office who is actually a Panthers and Leicester City fan so he's had a really good sports year so far.

It's so funny though, because, a couple of years ago, I would go to games and the people would be fucking depressed and the Panthers would be winning! It's a weird sports town.

He actually named his son that? That makes me lose a bit of respect...

Meanwhile Tony names his kid Rivers Romo and stays winning

Chosen_1.jpg

jbug617

Banned
Good news

NFL announces that every postseason game will be streamed online and on mobile via desktop, tablet, smartphones, connected TV like XBox

Playoff games will be streamed live and free on NFL Mobile Verizon app, CBS Sports website, Fox Sports Go, NBC Sports Live Extra, Watch ESPN

As a non-rap fan I've heard like six of those songs. And I don't drive to work so I have no idea what you're doing haha

Personal playlist, not watching any music channels and going to bars instead of clubs. That being said I know of the songs I just don't listen to them. Rap now a days outside of Kendrick and Cole is pretty much garbage.

Dragon

Banned
Personal playlist, not watching any music channels and going to bars instead of clubs. That being said I know of the songs I just don't listen to them. Rap now a days outside of Kendrick and Cole is pretty much garbage.

Kendrick is awesome! Saw him live a couple of years ago and didn't know any of his shit but man what a show.

No problem, YH. I always know some Nick Foles stats will cheer your up. I posted the other day on Bradford's second half numbers, and Paul Domowitch has some additional stuff. One of his notes btw is that Lurie is wary of Gruden b/c he thinks he won't get along with Howie

http://mobile.philly.com/beta?wss=/philly/sports/eagles&id=364586031

Paul Domowhich is a buffoon who works for a tabloid. His source told him Jon Gruden wanted the job... a half hour later Gruden personally texted Howard Eskin (also a clown but much more reputable than Domo) that he had no interest.

eznark

Banned
Exactly, they are not the worst. Sad that people have such short term memory since it has only been a few years since two teams with losing records made the playoffs.

What does record have to do with it? Especially if we are comparing records from different years.

What does record have to do with it? Especially if we are comparing records from different years.

Last years Cards team has to be the worst playoff team ever. They couldnt get 10 yards on offense if you gave them 8 downs to do it. That was such a pitiful display.

eznark

Banned
Last years Cards team has to be the worst playoff team ever. They couldnt get 10 yards on offense if you gave them 8 downs to do it. That was such a pitiful display.

I actually think they are pretty damn similar to this years Texans team.

To be clear, I don't think the Texans are the worst playoff team ever, just that the stats mech is posting make them seem like they are.

Line_HTX

I actually think they are pretty damn similar to this years Texans team.

To be clear, I don't think the Texans are the worst playoff team ever, just that the stats mech is posting make them seem like they are.

Oh, I thought you made it sound like they are the worst team ever, lol

My bad for misreading.

squicken

I know that every team could have signed Tyrod, but BAL had him in their building for years. How did they not see how good he was? Big miss

MechDX

One of those teams won a playoff game though.

I previously stated they are probably one and done but both the Chiefs and Texans are both eerily similar. I just dont understand the "hype love" the Chiefs seem to be getting because they are on a 10 game win streak. Look at the 10 wins and it really isnt that impressive.

Why cant the Texans win? This game will come down to defense: who gets a score off a key turnover will more than likely be the deciding factor

I know that every team could have signed Tyrod, but BAL had him in their building for years. How did they not see how good he was? Big miss

I've been calling for Tyrod since we won the Superbowl. I"m sure I can dig up posts saying "Start Tyrod, let Joe walk", and you all said the same thing.....He just won you the Superbowl, how can you let him walk? So did Baltimore miss how good he was, or was it just that they weren't going to ever give him a shot because of Flacco?

eznark

Banned
I previously stated they are probably one and done but both the Chiefs and Texans are both eerily similar. I just dont understand the "hype love" the Chiefs seem to be getting because they are on a 10 game win streak. Look at the 10 wins and it really isnt that impressive.

Why cant the Texans win? This game will come down to defense: who gets a score off a key turnover will more than likely be the deciding factor

Texans have beat one playoff team all year. Houston is not really in a position to compare schedules.

PFR has the Chiefs SoS at 1.6, Texans at -2.4 (baseline of 0).

lol, what choice did they have? No team would ever bench a 25 year old SB MVP, especially not after giving him a $120m contract. In a lot of ways Flacco winning that SB really hurt the team going forward.

Crisco

Banned
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/07/nfl-playoffs-deep-passes-offense-arizona-cardinals-pittsburgh-steelers-carolina-panthers

On throws at least 15 yards downfield, Ginn had the second-highest drop rate in football, at 13.9 percent (only Davante Adams was worse). Ginn also hauled in nine such passes, a disproportionately high number considering how infrequently Carolina throws. The most important number, though, is 40.78. That was Ginn’s average gain on deep receptions this year. It was the highest mark in the NFL, and it meant that on average, once every two games he took the Panthers from their own 20-yard line to field goal range on a single play. As other teams chipped away at drives, Carolina could conjure one out of thin air.

Live or die by the three deep ball.

SonnyBoy

lol, what choice did they have? No team would ever bench a 25 year old SB MVP, especially not after giving him a $120m contract. In a lot of ways Flacco winning that SB really hurt the team going forward.
I'm sure that the team had chances to lock Joe up earlier but waited and it bit them in the ass.

Additionally, Joe has rarely had the luxury of having an OC for more than 1 year at a time. How about allowing the QB to operate in one offense for more than a year before giving him the axe.

squicken

I've been calling for Tyrod since we won the Superbowl. I"m sure I can dig up posts saying "Start Tyrod, let Joe walk", and you all said the same thing.....He just won you the Superbowl, how can you let him walk? So did Baltimore miss how good he was, or was it just that they weren't going to ever give him a shot because of Flacco?

But as fans we don't have all the information that a team does. So for us, the perfectly rational move is to pay Flacco. But the Ravens should have known. The Packers moved on from Brent. SF moved on from Montana. If those teams can move on from those guys, then BAL could have move on from Joe Flacco

e: Crisco I had a post yesterday on how many deep balls Cam was throwing, and how well they worked. I figured it was Ginn and that confirms it. He drops a lot but the guy gets open.

Godslay

Banned
Texans have beat one playoff team all year. Houston is not really in a position to compare schedules.

PFR has the Chiefs SoS at 1.6, Texans at -2.4 (baseline of 0).

Chiefs have beat three playoff teams all year.

They beat the Texans Week 1.

They were the beneficiaries of an injured Manning throwing 4 picks and having the worst game of his entire career. And split with Denver.

They defeated the Landry Jones lead Steelers.

None of those teams are even close to being in the same form now, that they were when KC faced them.

Aside from that, they lost 4 games to playoff teams. GB, Bengals, Denver, Vikings.

SonnyBoy

I remember the Ravens putting Tyrod in a game (dont remember the reason) but he damn naer went an entire quarter without a pass attempt. It was blatantly the most disrespectful thing I've ever seen lol. Made me wonder what the perception of him was, within that organization.

I'm sure that the team had chances to lock Joe up earlier but waited and it bit them in the ass.

Additionally, Joe has rarely had the luxury of having an OC for more than 1 year at a time. How about allowing the QB to operate in one offense for more than a year before giving him the axe.

I thought the big narrative from that year was that the Ravens wanted to sign Flacco to a modest extension and he refused and decided to "bet on himself". I mean I guess they could have upped their offer but I am sure they didnt think he would catch fire in the playoffs that year like he did.

But as fans we don't have all the information that a team does. So for us, the perfectly rational move is to pay Flacco. But the Ravens should have known. The Packers moved on from Brent. SF moved on from Montana. If those teams can move on from those guys, then BAL could have move on from Joe Flacco

This is some real hindsight is 20/20 shit, because I got crucified for even suggesting this.

Packers and Niners moved on from their QBs when they got old, and when they had 1st round QBs waiting in the wings. And they had gotten old. Flacco was like 26 and had just completed an insane Superbowl run. There's a pretty big difference there.

I thought the big narrative from that year was that the Ravens wanted to sign Flacco to a modest extension and he refused and decided to "bet on himself". I mean I guess they could have upped their offer but I am sure they didnt think he would catch fire in the playoffs that year like he did.

That's exactly the story. Apparently they were just 1 million apart on a deal that would have had like 35 mil in guaranteed money.

eznark

Banned

They were the beneficiaries of an injured Manning throwing 4 picks and having the worst game of his entire career. And split with Denver.

None of those teams are even close to being in the same form now, that they were when KC faced them.

Aside from that, they lost 4 games to playoff teams. GB, Bengals, Denver, Vikings.

And those three crippled playoff team victories are more impressive than any win on the Texans schedule, except maybe the Jets.

MechDX

Thanks. And they struggled against bad teams they should have rolled over like the Chargers and Raiders (Carr gifted them a damn game). The Texans were not world beaters but they handled the Jets (with Yates in his first start) and beat the unbeaten Bengals in Cincinnati on MNF with their starting QB leaving due to a concussion. Beat a Colts team playing above their talent level, in Indy with Brandon Weeden for petes sake. QB who wasn't even on the roster 3 weeks prior.

At minimum the Texans rolled the bad opponents they should have rolled over: Titans and Jags while the Chiefs struggled.

Line_HTX

When did they give Joe that big ass contract? That's a huge mistake now looking back.

When did they give Joe that big ass contract? That's a huge mistake now looking back.

After the 2012 season:

Joe Flacco signed a 6 year, $120,600,000 contract with the Baltimore Ravens, including a $29,000,000 signing bonus, $29,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $20,100,000. In 2016, Flacco will earn a base salary of $18,000,000. Flacco has a cap hit of $28,550,000 while his dead money value is $25,850,000.

The cap hits are just so crazy, lucky for them only 2 more years left.

eznark

Banned
Thanks. And they struggled against bad teams they should have rolled over like the Chargers and Raiders (Carr gifted them a damn game). The Texans were not world beaters but they handled the Jets (with Yates in his first start) and beat the unbeaten Bengals in Cincinnati on MNF with their starting QB leaving due to a concussion. Beat a Colts team playing above their talent level, in Indy with Brandon Weeden for petes sake. QB who wasn't even on the roster 3 weeks prior.

At minimum the Texans rolled the bad opponents they should have rolled over: Titans and Jags.

And got clowned by the Dolphins, giving up 44. On top of giving up 48 (!!) to the Falcons and 30 to Buffalo.

The only good team they have played in 6 weeks is New England, who demolished them..and since then has lost 2 of 3.

At minimum the Texans rolled the bad opponents they should have rolled over: Titans and Jags while the Chiefs struggled.

Chiefs +118 point differential
Texans + 26 point differential

MechDX

After he won that Super Bowl. He bet on himself and won basically.

If they wouldn't have some other team would have. How do let a Super Bowl winning QB walk right after he wins with no clear cut successor waiting ?

Top Bottom