• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Conference Championship |OT| - Better Games than the Switch's Launch Lineup

Line_HTX

Meh shit was stupid anyway. " they got an extra day to prepare" what kind of incompetent ass coaching staff wouldn't have shit ready to go? There was like a 10 percent chance they were facing the Texans. Maybe they mad they worked so hard on Texans film and it's down the drain...

It's just dumb all around. It's so absurd that you even have places like TechCrunch writing about it.

I'm sure James Harrison wanted a shot at TFL's and blowing up Brock unblocked.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Aypedpl.gif

This gif is mesmerizing!

Kind of an Xs and Os question but when the guard is pulled like that to the left, don't they usually go behind the left tackle? Trying to figure out if this is purely Clowney being a freak or if it's partially a botched execution by the line.

MechDX

Man the D played really well outside of a few play. If Fuller had just caught that long TD pass it could have been a different game.

Watch Clowneys swim move past the guard and then Solder just look at him like "Oh fuck! Tom gonna be pissed! Ill turn and act like I was blocking.."

Kind of an Xs and Os question but when the guard is pulled like that to the left, don't they usually go behind the left tackle? Trying to figure out if this is purely Clowney being a freak or if it's partially a botched execution by the line.

Sam MonsonVerified account ‏@PFF_Sam 4h4 hours ago
This was basically as it was supposed to be blocked. Clowney simply isn't supposed to be able to get to the QB that fast.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/821368046380056576

Better quality gif in that tweet

Duxxy3

Some of that I put on Tom. He knew that Thuney was on screen blocking. So that left Solder covering the outside guy and Clowney. Neither Hogan or Bennett stayed in to block. Ideally they would have left Bennett in to block the outside defender and Solder to move down on Clowney.

Just a busted play in general and great hustle by Clowney.

dionysus

Yaldog
This gif is mesmerizing!

It is kind of sad that the Texans are basically perfectly setup to counter Brady and beat the pats. Get pressure on Brady with just the front 3 and a blitzer and a good secondary.

Just needed a poor man's Eli at QB.

Edit. And receivers that can catch.

MechDX

It is kind of sad that the Texans are basically perfectly setup to counter Brady and beat the pats. Get pressure on Brady with just the front 3 and a blitzer and a good secondary.

The "__________ team just needs a QB to be great" comment gets thrown about a lot but in Houstons case its probably the truest use of it. Even the offense has plenty of weapons but it had a trgger man who was playing like he was deaf, drunk and blind

As for "receivers that can catch". Fuller is what he is. he will drop a heartbreaker every game but he will also blow your mind on the next play. He did that in the first few games before Brock decided he wasnt throwing past 20 yards anymore. Hopkins, Fuller, Braxton (finished season on IR), Fiedorwicz TE and Lamar Miller are more than enough good skill position players with even an average trigger man

Pepiope

The "__________ team just needs a QB to be great" comment gets thrown about a lot but in Houstons case its probably the truest use of it. Even the offense has plenty of weapons but it had a trgger man who was playing like he was deaf, drunk and blind
They should have went after Bradford instead of Brock.

No joke. The Texans OL is several orders of magnitude better then the Vikings, and the Texans have much better skill position guys. Sam would have been great there and the Texans could be going to the SB this year with him. Oh well at least they still have their first round pick this year. lol

Pepiope

No joke. The Texans OL is several orders of magnitude better then the Vikings, and the Texans have much better skill position guys. Sam would have been great there and the Texans could be going to the SB this year with him. Oh well at least they still have their first round pick this year. lol
They could've had him in free agency. Cheaper and better than Brock. No first round pick needed.

MechDX

LmkeVqQ.gif

We getting Watson and Chip this year!!

Line_HTX

Edit. And receivers that can catch.

You saying we need Eli Manning?

Hindl

YH would become a Texan Life Long

Shit I'd become a Texan Life Long, at least to see how it turns out. That defense + Watt and an even mediocre offense would be fun. Plus it's the least I could do after you introducing us all to Wentz

Chip doesn't have an offense without the tempo. You're gonna give teams 30 seconds to set up to defend a swing pass to the RB?

The tempo is a huge part of it but he knows how to scheme people open. If he had someone guiding him he'd be a pretty effective OC

If Bradford can get a 1st and 3rd round pick Romo can get at least that and more.

Denver seems like the only logical place for him to go, and they might not want to break the bank. And the Bradford trade was some insane circumstance

Tom Penny

Doesnt make that play or Clowney's ability any less impressive.
Never said it did. Houston D played good. Same scheme that always work especially without Gronk. Pressure without Blitzing, press man on the outside and flood the middle. That has always been the perfect formula. Bennett was supposed to help with the Gronk injury but was a no show in the passing game so for now it's the same issues every time Gronk goes down. Nobody to cause a real mismatch except for maybe Lewis right now.

Can Tom Savage run Chip's offense though? I assume if they did get Chip to be OC that they would have to draft a QB. Chip's entire offense is based on the QB making the right read at the line and getting the ball out fast and accurate. Brock cannot do any of those things, he would be even worse then blame was.

JABEE

If Bradford can get a 1st and 3rd round pick Romo can get at least that and more.

You would think so, but the Bradford trade was a week before training camp.

The Vikings were extremely desperate and were opening a new stadium.

Bradford is also relatively young and he only had one year on his deal after this past season. The Eagles already paid a large chunk of his guaranteed money.

Bradford was a starter getting paid back-up QB money by the Vikings.

On the other hand, Romo is actually a good QB, so it's a complicated situation.

My opinion is trading QBs will usually yield crazy returns.

AJ Feeley for a 2nd from the Dolphins.

Kevin Kolb for a 2nd and DRC. (Was the 3rd overall pick (Patrick Peterson) before the lockout messed up the trade.)

Old Donovan McNabb for a 2nd and a conditional 3rd the following year.

Sam Bradford for a 1st and conditional 4th round pick.

I think Romo probably gets about what the Donovan trade yielded, but there are some crazy teams like the Chargers, Cardinals or Texans who may surprise you. There's always one of those teams.

You would think so, but the Bradford trade was a week before training camp.

The Vikings were extremely desperate and were opening a new stadium.

Bradford is also relatively young and he only had one year on his deal after this past season. The Eagles already paid a large chunk of his guaranteed money.

Bradford was a starter getting paid back-up QB money by the Vikings.

On the other hand, Romo is actually a good QB, so it's a complicated situation.

Sam Bradford last years:

NFL record for highest completion %

Over 3800 yards

20 TDs

only 5 INTs.

All with a historically bad OL, no running game at all, and a bunch of nothing to throw to.

Pepiope

Sam Bradford last years:

Over 3800 yards

20 TDs

only 5 INTs.

All with a historically bad OL, no running game at all, and a bunch of nothing to throw to.
Imagine that on the Texans.

But noooo, they wanted the guy who DEN was willing to let walk so they could start Mark Sanchez.

JABEE

Sam Bradford last years:

Over 3800 yards

20 TDs

only 5 INTs.

Bradford has a good season for a QB in 2016.

Leading up to the trade, Bradford was a disappointment for about 5 seasons.

Do you still believe the Eagles made a bad trade getting a 1st and conditional 4th?

I remember calling on the Eagles to re-sign/franchise Bradford last season, because I believed in his trade value. I didn't believe in him as a QB to take you to the playoffs or win a Super Bowl.

Pepiope

you don't trade for romo as your longtime future franchise QB
you trade for him for immediate success

get one or 2 good years out of him and get rid of him, agian
develop your next QB behind him
Right, but you also can't ignore the injury history.

One, you can't guarantee immediate success. He hasn't started a game since 2015, and one drive in 2016 doesn't change that.

Two, even if he is successful, he still hurt his back twice with the best line in football. If he goes down then you're out a QB and whatever you gave up to get him. He's not coming back from another injury.

Dallas should have started him this year. Imagine him winning Dallas a super bowl and then retiring allowing Dak to take over next season. That's how it should have played out, but Dallas had to stick with the "hot hand".

Bradford has a good season for a QB in 2016.

Leading up to the trade, Bradford was a disappointment for about 5 seasons.

Do you still believe the Eagles made a bad trade getting a 1st and conditional 4th?

I remember calling on the Eagles to re-sign/franchise Bradford last season, because I believed in his trade value. I didn't believe in him as a QB to take you to the playoffs or win a Super Bowl.

Honestly Wentz will determine if it is a bad trade or not. Sam was great for the vikings last year and I have no doubt he would have done even better had he stayed in Philly. The hope for the Eagles is that Wentz can be even better at some point, but we sure didnt see it last year. He started out great and really fizzeled out. That is very concerning. Hopefully it is just being surrounded by bad talent and bad coaches and once the Eagles get that stuff figured out Wentz will be really good. Very rarely in the NFL do teams give up good QBs and prosper for it.

I love how yankee is still stanning so hard for Bradford who, in having by far the best season of his career, still only managed to hit the heady heights of a middle of the road NFL QB.

I love how yankee is still stanning so hard for Bradford who, in having by far the best season of his career, still only managed to hit the heights of a middle of the road NFL QB.

Highest completion percentage of all time is middle of the road? I think you have taken one to many blows to the head playing rugby my friend.

cdyhybrid

I love how yankee is still stanning so hard for Bradford who, in having by far the best season of his career, still only managed to hit the heady heights of a middle of the road NFL QB.
Going a whole season without getting hurt and claiming the title of All-Time Captain Checkdown are notable accomplishments

Tom Penny

So I've come to the conclusion that the Eagles are idiots who drafted a QB despite already having a franchise QB on their roster. Brilliant !!! Or are Eagles fans idiots 🤔

Top Bottom