• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Conference Championship |OT| - Better Games than the Switch's Launch Lineup

I really don't think Erin is Goat at all, although that last throw was Beauty, we should have brought pressure.

Garrett need to go.

Aaron has to at least be in the conversation by now and certainly will be if he runs the table the rest of the way through these next two games.

As for Garrett, if he wasn't gone after the 8-8 Era, I don't think he's ever going to be. That team isn't really in a division good enough where they'll fail to contend through at least week 15, no matter how bad things may get.

that last Cowboy drive it felt like Garrett wasn't sure if he wanted to play for the tie or the win. He should have used Zeke once or twice there because A) he was gashing the Pack D all day long and B) you end up draining the clock so you can attempt the FG with no time left. I'm not sure why they were so concerned with saving time on the clock.

Tom Penny

If the cheat traded an aging highly paid RB for a young lb everyone would be sucking his dick and saying what a great move it was.

Pats with a highly paid RB on the roster?

giphy.gif

that last Cowboy drive it felt like Garrett wasn't sure if he wanted to play for the tie or the win. He should have used Zeke once or twice there because A) he was gashing the Pack D all day long and B) you end up draining the clock so you can attempt the FG with no time left. I'm not sure why they were so concerned with saving time on the clock.

that spike should be in their heads until pre season, no reason to do that when you are in field goal range x have a timeout x have 50 seconds left
have they not seen Godgers hail mary throws

cashman

Banned
In general I hate the idea of spiking when you still have timeouts. You're not saving time for an extra play at that point, you're just wasting a down.

Spinluck

Playing for the FG always works against good QBs...

Tom Penny

In general I hate the idea of spiking when you still have timeouts. You're not saving time for an extra play at that point, you're just wasting a down.

It was stupid. They also didn't call a timeout before the 2 which was questionable which I believe gave them an extra one and still spiked the ball..not sure how many they had in the sequence but yeah..thye lost a down for nothing.

Ringer got a whole article out of that Cowboys spike...

Most teams have figured out when to properly value downs vs. time. We've seen teams mess it up in college before — Rutgers spiked the ball on fourth down a few years back — but most NFL teams have a solid grasp of when to spike and when not to spike. Besides Dallas on Sunday night, it's difficult to find another scenario this year when a team ran out of downs due to a spike. The Titans gave the ball up with 41 seconds after a spike due to three straight incompletions, and the Texans left 23 seconds on the clock after following up a spike with two incompletions and a sack, but these are pretty much the most egregious examples. (Plus, they featured Matt Cassel and Brock Osweiler at QB, which explains why there were so many incompletions.)

Hindl

Chip has had quite the fall from grace. OC? Just sit out a year and go take a college job

He wants to be in the NFL. He hates a lot of things about college football. He's probably hopeful that a successful OC stint will get him a new HC gig down the line

squicken

He wants to be in the NFL. He hates a lot of things about college football. He's probably hopeful that a successful OC stint will get him a new HC gig down the line

The other weird deal is that Coughlin seems to be hiring all the coaches. Is Marrone even in charge on gameday? What does he do?

Hindl

The other weird deal is that Coughlin seems to be hiring all the coaches. Is Marrone even in charge on gameday? What does he do?

Marrone seems like a puppet but everyone's cool with it this time because it's Coughlin pulling the strings and he's been making good moves so far. Hopefully it works out, Jags have too much talent to be as bad as they are

A lot of our success during this run has been all Bell and the line. How much of that success do the coaches get credit for?

And regarding the coaching we are a better team than the Chiefs. We dominated the entire game and won by 2 points. That is a fucking Steelers special on the road in the Tomlin era. We have found so many ways to lose games against teams that we are just better than. I am not sure what the reason is because the games are usually lost in different ways.

Thankfully we almost always bring our A game when we are the underdogs. Especially Ben. That fat fuck gets up for these type of games but will lay an egg against teams we are supposed to crush.

Hoo boy.

You're going to get Harson on my ass for this, but I have to say it - Ben has been playing like shit.

In the last 3 games that Ben started (Chiefs, Dolphins, Ratbirds), he's thrown 5 TDs and 5 picks. Is that a Tomlin problem or a Ben problem? With the exception of that Rats, the offense was moving the ball up and down the field at will. The playmakers, as well as the very good guys, the rookies, and the journeymen were all playing well (or in Jarvis Jones' case, benched). That's on Tomlin. The only reason any of those teams was in all 3 of those games was Ben not being able to do what he needs to and punch it in (until the 4th quarter of the Rats game when he immolated and tore them up).

I'm sick and tired of Tomlin getting Ben's shit all over him. If Ben was playing at even an above average level (which he is more than capable of) we'd be the favorites of the 4 remaining teams. Unfortunately every discussion about the Steelers as contenders starts and ends with Ben and how careless he's been this season.

Yeah precisely, what's more fucked up is he was in this situation with the Steelers and he RAN the ball with 30 second left on the clock from the 35. It was genius. The guy legit panicked and cost us the game. Even before half he kept shooting for the endzone with 1 min on the clock instead of burning time.

Garrett in big games always fucks up when it matters.

I think Atlanta will win.
It'll be a good narrative to end the Georgia Dome campaign with. Plus Matty Ice is like a completely diffferemy machine now than a few years ago(plus Packers have no secondary)...
I sadly think patriots will win cause unless your defense is unworldly good(Jets) or your Flacco, it's really hard to win in Gillette.
So Patriots Falcons Super Bowl and Falcons win cause fuck Brady.

50 stage Bomberman game?

Bionic, I think it might be happening after all!

Not for $60 pls

those 50 stages are just kinda meh if you look at the trailer.

Bomberman Switch should have been like Bomberman 64 , the GOAT bomberman game
single player was pretty good and hard af
multiplayer was fun and if that were online, lord

harSon

Banned
If they limit Bell Ben will fuck it it up. You know it an I know it. Not sure anybody can stop Bell right now.

I think Bell doing incredibly well actually hurts us as far as the passing game is concerned. If you watched these last two games, Ben and our receivers look crisp and on the same page. But once Haley gets a taste of the defense's inability to stop Bell, our offense will literally go entire series' only throwing the ball once. Bell is definitely a beast, and I know its tough not to do what's seemingly working, but I've noticed our tendency to run run run at the expense of our pass game going cold on a number of occasions this season. It's hard to argue with results though. I just think to beat the Patriots, and then the Packers/Falcons - it's going to take a balanced attack. And you have to begin to ask, while Bell is clearly effective, is rushing your RB 60 times over two games (and ~28 attempts/game on average over the last 8 games) going to have diminishing returns at some point? That's a lot of wear and tear on your running back, especially when you have a capable backup who literally has touched the ball twice over the last two games.

bionic77

Hoo boy.

You're going to get Harson on my ass for this, but I have to say it - Ben has been playing like shit.

In the last 3 games that Ben started (Chiefs, Dolphins, Ratbirds), he's thrown 5 TDs and 5 picks. Is that a Tomlin problem or a Ben problem? With the exception of that Rats, the offense was moving the ball up and down the field at will. The playmakers, as well as the very good guys, the rookies, and the journeymen were all playing well (or in Jarvis Jones' case, benched). That's on Tomlin. The only reason any of those teams was in all 3 of those games was Ben not being able to do what he needs to and punch it in (until the 4th quarter of the Rats game when he immolated and tore them up).

I'm sick and tired of Tomlin getting Ben's shit all over him. If Ben was playing at even an above average level (which he is more than capable of) we'd be the favorites of the 4 remaining teams. Unfortunately every discussion about the Steelers as contenders starts and ends with Ben and how careless he's been this season.
He has not been the same since he came back from the Miami game.

He is inconsistent. At times he is throwing darts but other times he is missing on throws and worst of all sometimes he is not seeing the field well.

He has generally played better in the 2nd half as compared to the first.

This train is probably only going as far as Bell takes us. Be interesting to see what Billy does to slow him down. Hopefully we are ready for it...

harSon

Banned
I didn't think he was necessary these past two games, but I think our ability to win is going to hinge on whether Ladarius Green can play or not. Jesse James has played well, but Green is a huge mismatch for defenses in the way that James could never hope to be. Especially over the top.

Top Bottom