• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Conference Championship |OT| - Better Games than the Switch's Launch Lineup

Duxxy3

Speaking of running, can we give some credit to the Steelers fantastic o-line? Bell has his patented patient running style but as I've said before that shit is worthless if your o-line isn't winning consistently. Those guys are well-coached and they beat d-lines up, it's fun to watch.

The Pouncey brothers are something special, if only they could stay healthy...

I wouldn't be surprised if they have trouble running against NE, though. Pats defense excels because guys are always where they need to be, it's hard to find lanes against them. I think Ben will have to have a big game for Pittsburgh to win.

I love his running style.

Doesn't just blast his way to the line and slam into his linemen. He doesn't even look that fast, but he sees everything so well. So rare to see a running back with vision that good.

Milchjon

Just had a peek at the Zelda trailer

Wait, this is what you shits have been hyping? Visually, that looks like a mediocre 360 era game...

When you can't trust bionic anymore, who can you trust?

Trump won :-(

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

Wait, this is what you shits have been hyping? Visually, that looks like a mediocre 360 era game...

Subscribe to my newsletter instead.

Bionic is an old man with gimpy ankles. He was never to be trusted.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

bionic's response to a Pats fan saying this is gonna be great

gw-itcrowdmosspopcorn.gif

Art style, dude. That game looks awesome -- visually.

Milchjon

Maybe I'm simply not in the target group anymore.

The only games that I wanted to play in the past year or so after watching a trailer were Uncharted 4, Shenmue 3 and Cock Jousting or whatever the name of that Steam game was.

bionic77

Did you use the same eyes and judgment that made you a Patriots fan to come to this conclusion?

What more do I need to say people? The people of Trump, the people of Brady are anti-Switch. That tells me all I need to know.

You can either accept Trump as your president and essentially give up on the past 200 years of social and scientific progress. This is what Brady wants.

Or you can stand with me and fight.

#Switch2017

#Patsfansdon'tknowshitaboutanything

the only thing good about the new Zelda is that you don't need a Switch to play it

if Nintendo had the balls they would have said "We made breath of wild to much for the wii u so we had to cancel the wii u version."

I will be ready to play Zelda day 1 on my wii u B^)

DMczaf

Rallisport Challenge 2 GAF League was amazing.

I really wish I recorded the day CB3 drove off the cliff on his own volition.

OJ Howard attending the senior bowl, I fucking did it.

Don't forget we all get a chance to watched evil be slain again tonight. Cav at devil Warriors tonight

Milchjon

:jnc

If I was a big MS fan I'd probably have given up gaming as well.

I'm pretty agnostic when it comes to my choices of devices these days. I mean, I'll probably get a PS4 when
if
Shenmue III comes out!

I just didn't enjoy gaming a lot anymore. There's always this nagging voice in the back of my head that tells me I should be doing something more productive. I think GTA V was the last game I played a decent amount of. Pretty sure I didn't play more than an hour of games total in 2016, probably even including smartphones...

Weirdly enough, the same thing doesn't happen with other media (except GAF), even though I totally think gaming can offer things other entertainment can't.

Dunno.

bionic77

if Nintendo had the balls they would have said "We made breath of wild to much for the wii u so we had to cancel the wii u version."

I will be ready to play Zelda day 1 on my wii u B^)
That sounds like something MS would do not Nintendo. MS does not give a fuck.

The game is a WiiU port but I feel like with a few exceptions, graphics are good enough. BoTW legit looks like a real ass Ghibli game and the motion in the trailer strengthens that impression. If that does not look great to you then the problem lies with you and not the game!

I mean, the characters look nice, but those environments are pretty damn atrocious.

Then again, I only ever liked the look of the 2D Zeldas...
I was talking about the environments. I think we're gonna have to agree to disagree.

PS: i hope you don't bring these same expectations to Shenmue 3! Art style will be the main thing it has going for it graphically. I trust in Yu for everything else

I'm pretty agnostic when it comes to my choices of devices these days. I mean, I'll probably get a PS4 when
if
Shenmue III comes out!

I just didn't enjoy gaming a lot anymore. There's always this nagging voice in the back of my head that tells me I should be doing something more productive. I think GTA V was the last game I played a decent amount of. Pretty sure I didn't play more than an hour of games total in 2016, probably even including smartphones...

Weirdly enough, the same thing doesn't happen with other media (except GAF), even though I totally think gaming can offer things other entertainment can't.

Dunno.
Not a horrible intuition to have, honestly. I spend/waste so many hours playing games. I feel similarly to you when it comes to watching TV or movies though, the experience is so passive I really feel like I'm accomplishing nothing.

Eh, boils down to "which style of skinner box do you prefer" I guess. :)

That sounds like something MS would do not Nintendo. MS does not give a fuck.

The game is a WiiU port but I feel like with a few exceptions, graphics are good enough. BoTW legit looks like a real ass Ghibli game and the motion in the trailer strengthens that impression. If that does not look great to you then the problem lies with you and not the game!
Speaking of games that look like Ghibli movies, here's a reason to fire up that ol' dusty PS4 sometime this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ZNmEJgXCE

The one thing that is hurting Ben is the lack of a deep threat. He throws a good deep ball and uses that to loosen up the defense underneath.

Yeah I was just thinking that Coates has really not come back since he broke those fingers, and DHB had the hamstring? injury, so we're lacking that deep threat that made us a bit scarier earlier in the season.

Not a horrible intuition to have, honestly. I spend/waste so many hours playing games. I feel similarly to you when it comes to watching TV or movies though, the experience is so passive I really feel like I'm accomplishing nothing.

Eh, boils down to "which style of skinner box do you prefer" I guess. :)
When I was about 15 I stopped watching movies for this very reason for about 5 years.

Milchjon

I was talking about the environments. I think we're gonna have to agree to disagree.

PS: i hope you don't bring these same expectations to Shenmue 3! Art style will be the main thing it has going for it graphically. I trust in Yu for everything else

The first 30 seconds in that trailer look Halo 3 tier.

As for Shenmue, I'm expecting the worst. A lot of what made Shenmue look so great was the attention to detail, the number of objects and textures and visual variety... I don't think that can be recreated on a shoestring budget, even today.

I just wanna go back to those locales and finish the story.

Top Bottom