• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Divisional Round |OT| - A Thread on NeoGAF.com.

ironcreed

Banned
Fuck the Falcons.

dirty.gif

I love it.

LionPride

Banned
Falcons/Cowboys conference game? Please?

Would be massively entertaining.

Plus if the Pats play like they did last night against the Chiefs or Steelers, thay may be dunzo

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago
Very quietly, Jaguars interviewed former 49ers HC Chip Kelly for their HC job before ultimately hiring Doug Marrone, per league sources.

Damn. Good thing he didnt get it. NOw he can come hang with his BFF O'Brien

In the words of Dega: "Come home Chip!"

Mindlog

Nintendo is weird. That's the general gist I'm getting from their Switch info. At the end of the half they would constantly be switching between running the hurry up and running out the clock.

Yea! I have been around at least 6 months which was plenty of time to learn stuff like spider 2 y banana.

Anyway, Cowboys-GAF, if we lose hopefully we are gracious in defeat. Egg Garrett's car for sure, but leave the salt at home on your table, in your desired salt shaker...to put on food like eggs. You should have a couple of eggs left after egging Garrett's car.

Our quarterback broke again and our season didn't turn into a 4-12 shit show with bad quarterbacks so it feels like playing with house money at this point

I'm wanting and expecting a win but every team in the playoffs are actual good teams now that the Texans and Seahawks are gone

Nintendo is weird. That's the general gist I'm getting from their Switch info. At the end of the half they would constantly be switching between running the hurry up and running out the clock.

Based on their output they're also running the Colts swinging gate every down

And only fielding 5 men

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

If I'm being optimistic, the Switch was rushed out to meet their investor deadlines and they've got a lot of stuff in the works

MechDX

Why the Houston Texans should cut Brock Osweiler, despite the hefty cost

The Houston Texans could have beaten the New England Patriots in their AFC Divisional Round playoff matchup Saturday.

The Texans played just as well — if not better — than the host Pats in nearly every aspect of the game.

The Texans’ defense, arguably the best in the NFL, made Tom Brady look mortal. The Houston defensive line laid a beating on the 39-year-old quarterback, and the Patriots handed the Texans opportunity after opportunity to claim the game.

And if Houston had a different quarterback, it might have.

Osweiler wasn’t just of zero value to the Texans on Saturday — he was of negative value. He significantly hurt his team’s chances to win a playoff game.

And that’s why the Texans should cut him in the coming weeks.
Why keep Osweiler around if he’s just going to be Savage’s backup, after all? His roster spot has value and he, again, provides only negative value to the Texans on the field — the team has a better chance to win with him as far away from the ball as possible, as Bill O’Brien (who deserves some similar criticism) finally discovered when he pulled the QB in Week 15.

Cant argue

Hindl

If I'm being optimistic, the Switch was rushed out to meet their investor deadlines and they've got a lot of stuff in the works

I think that's probably the case. No reason to get this out in March unless you're trying to hit Fiscal. The injection of money a launch brings could cover up how bad the rest of the year was for them. They just gotta nail E3

squicken

Wikipedia said:
Oilman Clint Murchison Jr. had been trying to get an NFL expansion team in Dallas (as was Lamar Hunt – who ended up with an AFL franchise), but George Preston Marshall, owner of the Washington Redskins, had a monopoly in the South.

Murchison had tried to purchase the Washington Redskins from Marshall in 1958. An agreement was struck, but as the deal was about to be finalized, Marshall called for a change in terms. This infuriated Murchison and he called off the deal. Marshall then opposed any franchise for Murchison in Dallas. Since NFL expansion needed unanimous approval from team owners at that time, Marshall's position would prevent Murchison from joining the league.

Marshall had a falling out with the Redskins band leader Barnee Breeskin. Breeskin had written the music to the Redskins fight song "Hail to the Redskins" and Marshall's wife had penned the lyrics. Breeskin owned the rights to the song and was aware of Murchison's plight to get an NFL franchise. Angry with Marshall, Breeskin approached Murchison's attorney to sell him the rights to the song before the expansion vote in 1959. Murchison purchased "Hail to the Redskins" for $2,500. Before the vote to award franchises in 1959, Murchison revealed to Marshall that he owned the song and Marshall could not play it during games.

Marshall traded his holdout vote for the rights to "Hail to the Redskins", and Murchison was awarded an NFL team to start playing in 1960. Lamar Hunt had too been trying to get an expansion team in Dallas. Failing that, he help found the AFL with Bud Adams, owner of the Oilers, with Hunt's team in Dallas called the Texans. Also starting in 1960, the Texans shared the Cotton Bowl with the Cowboys. The Texans, second fiddle to the Cowboys, moved to KC, and were re-branded as the Chiefs.

Go Cowboys! Go Chiefs!

MechDX

Marshall traded his holdout vote for the rights to "Hail to the Redskins", and Murchison was awarded an NFL team to start playing in 1960. Lamar Hunt had too been trying to get an expansion team in Dallas. Failing that, he help found the AFL with Bud Adams, owner of the Oilers, with Hunt's team in Dallas called the Texans. Also starting in 1960, the Texans shared the Cotton Bowl with the Cowboys. The Texans, second fiddle to the Cowboys, moved to KC, and were re-branded as the Chiefs.

Go Cowboys! Go Chiefs!

You disgust me

MechDX

Not sure why it's so difficult covering the likes of Edelman and Hogan. Texans secondary was suspect last night.

Brady was playing chuck n duck last night. Texans were in head and basically beating the shit out of him

The offense just couldnt do jack shit with Osweiler and at some point the defense just wears out. I have watched it happen all season long

Top Bottom