• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Divisional Round |OT| - A Thread on NeoGAF.com.

Is DeShaun Watson the next Vince Young?
1. Racist
2. Reported, have fun in jail! ✌🏿️
3. Not even like a Watson guy specifically but I find it funny how like a year ago everyone during the national championship was saying how great he was and better then that years qbs. He didn't even have a bad year this season, I just think its funny how everyone is acting like he's Hackenberg now. Idk just seems like we're going into a extreme hyperbole of saying he's shit now
4. Isn't Dak the next Vince Young?.. *reporting myself

MechDX

Sources Tell me Watson is the next Russell Wilson or maybe Vince Young.

paul-rudd.gif

1. Racist
3. Not even like a Watson guy specifically but I find it funny how like a year ago everyone during the national championship was saying how great he was and better then that years qbs. He didn't even have a bad year this season, I just think its funny how everyone is acting like he's Hackenberg now.
1&2 smh.. NFL-GAF is better than this
3. It's the problem of the position.. no one wants to draft a Ryan Leaf.. the quarterback position will always be extra scrutinized. It's just how it is. I don't think he's Hack, I also don't think he's Andrew Luck, Jameis, or Cam either in comparison. If Cleveland drafts him with their second first round pick, I'll be fine with it because like it or not, we need a QB. I don't want to see one come in and fail like they always do (especially with a pick in the top half of the draft) and that's why I'm loathe to do it and would look elsewhere first (like in the secondary or LBs since the Oline talent in this draft isn't great overall)
4. Dak is Tebow except he can actually throw a ball.

Floy : "Dak is a better version of Tebow." There you have it boys!!! A-Rodg going down in OT!!!

I want to point out that the Dak is Tebow thing was a real thing at one point.

True I even remember reading professional scouts say that in reports from this time last year
Played in similar systems, similar builds,

It's a excellent comparison except Dak has more arm strength whereas Tim does not

Hindl

Played in similar systems, similar builds,

It's a excellent comparison except Dak has more arm strength whereas Tim does not

I get why people made the comparison, Dak is Tebow except he can read defenses and is more accurate on the deep ball. Point is though that when that is the difference between two QBs they may as well not be compared at all, regardless of how similar their other traits are. It's essentially "Dak is Tebow, but actually can play Quarterback"

Floy pls, it wasn't a comparison in the good sense ;_;

Yeah, if you just ignore the fact that one can throw a football and the other cannot they're very similar quarterbacks...

I get why people made the comparison, Dak is Tebow except he can read defenses and is more accurate on the deep ball. Point is though that when that is the difference between two QBs they may as well not be compared at all, regardless of how similar their other traits are. It's essentially "Dak is Tebow, but actually can play Quarterback"
Fine.. Dak is the next what then?

Next fuccboi
That's Jameis's role

The first Dak? We all do it, im guilty as well, but why cant these players just be themselves?

Well except for Manziel. I was right and he was the next Leaf.

Obama without the political background.

He can just be Dak
Mech and BG agree? Did they just become best friends?

I honestly see a bit of McNabb in him with a higher ceiling. But I don't think you'll find a 1:1 comparison
That might be fair.

Lumping us all in like this?????? F??????? Really?!

smh. permablocked
Like you weren't going to do that at some point

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
1. Racist
3. Not even like a Watson guy specifically but I find it funny how like a year ago everyone during the national championship was saying how great he was and better then that years qbs. He didn't even have a bad year this season, I just think its funny how everyone is acting like he's Hackenberg now. Idk just seems like we're going into a extreme hyperbole of saying he's shit now

I report everyone here daily.

squicken

I honestly see a bit of McNabb in him with a higher ceiling. But I don't think you'll find a 1:1 comparison

Yeah closest comparison I can see, but not really the same. I never thought Dak would be as accurate as he has been this year. He never was in college, though I guess he steadily improved, looking at his number

Top Bottom