• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Divisional Round |OT| - A Thread on NeoGAF.com.

Drakeon

OBJ has another year on his contract you think giants give him a new one or let him walk?

He may be one of the biggest diva's in the league, but he's also one of the best WR's in the league. They don't grow on trees. If they let him walk, it'll be a mistake.

lemonpep.gif

Mech when he sees his team get a ring, it's because of Brock, and he realizes he's stuck with him forever

Farooq

Banned
OBJ has another year on his contract you think giants give him a new one or let him walk?

Not what you asked, but I would use the 5th year option, then franchise tag, and then cut bait. WR production tends to dip after 27, definitely not worth a top 5 contract. I wish we did that with Dez.

Giants are definitely going to pay him though.

Sky Chief

I think he's a total douche but no way they let him walk. If they did then that would mean that he's an unbearable cancer (which does seem plausible). I do think he's too much of a diva though for a personality like Eli Manning to handle optimally.

MechDX

Patiently waiting for the avatar change :)

Offense is dead last. LAST in DVOA.

Brock is pretty much 30-32 in every major QB statistical category.

Special teams are special to say the least.

There is not one single area the Texans are better than the Pats not one.

Bitanator

Eli is not getting any younger, soon will be replaced and new QBs with established WR usually do not mix well, took Dez and Dak all year to get on same page. They definitely stick him with franchise tag, with the way his character is maybe twice

MechDX

Underdog Texans need to make Saturday a Jedi night

Just hours after Bob McNair added postseason win No. 3 to his trophy case and Jadeveon Clowney turned into a taunting jokester behind a podium, some cynical soul asked me what the wild-card-winning Texans would have to do to emerge from the horrific darkness of Gillette Stadium on Saturday night with their honor and respectability intact.

I quickly replied with a simple score: 30-17.

I figured it was safe, practical and potentially doable. It would maybe be even a little magical if Bill O'Brien, Brock Osweiler and Romeo Crennel were to somehow hang tight through halftime, then hang on for dear life when Bill Belichick and Tom Brady remembered how to turn the Death Star back on.

One colleague started laughing. The other began cackling. And when it was pointed out the Texans would actually have to score two touchdowns to reach 17 points in a city and stadium they've never come close to winning in, I was suddenly reminded of how bad this whole thing is going to look from the outside.

The Texans didn't speak to the public Sunday, which was an intelligent initial move.

My advice: Lock the doors of NRG Stadium all week. Don't say anything you might regret. Review every frame of film on New England since 2000 as many times as humanly possible. Also, find some galactic rebel to steal the secret plans to the Death Star, then take a loan from Osweiler and hire a princess, two robots, an old warrior and a farm boy to blow the whole thing to smithereens.

Or just convince Brady this is really the Super Bowl off week.

It has never gone well for the Texans up north. Ever. They're 1-7 against the Pats all-time and 0-4 above the Mason-Dixon line. O'Brien, a proud native New Englander, is 0-2 against his mentor and has been schooled by Belichick both times, losing by a combined 54-6 and thankful it was that close. The one time the Texans actually beat New England – Week 17, 2009 season, Matt Schaub era - Wes Welker was swallowed by NRG Stadium's old turf monster.

Bad, weird things happen when the Texans play the Pats.

Of course they resign him. Being a hot headed dude after a loss doesn't equal domestic abuse, getting arrested, etc...you know actual off the field issues. The production on the field, this game not withstanding, speaks for itself. You don't let one of the top WR's in the game walk because he happens to let his emotions get out of hand.

Hope this makes up for the sparse OP. If not...well go fuck yourself, you make the thread next time.

c1leApv.gif

lol, perfect. Eli's face is just fantastic.

this_guy

I think it's time for new Letterman jackets!

I don't expect to get a 40% discount off one item at Palais Royal (Texans have to win) next week, but I'll settle for free McNuggets (100 rushing yards - no win required).

Tamanon

Banned
Packers should be gentlemen and not even charge Beckham for the wall damage. He just wanted to make an impact in Lambeau.

Line_HTX

I think it's time for new Letterman jackets!

I don't expect to get a 40% discount off one item at Palais Royal (Texans have to win) next week, but I'll settle for free McNuggets (100 rushing yards - no win required).

I hope they put those in a pile, pour gasoline all over it, and set it on fire.

100 rushing yards will always be the best incentive ever.

Top Bottom