• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ex Panthers claimed the pats cheated at haltime so they could score zero points in the 3rd quarter of the SB against them...

Panthers first half output: 30 offensive plays, 109 total yards and 10 points. Second half output: 24 offensive plays, 273 yards and 19 points. So yeah, their adjustments worked.

FFS the report if all true
CaaBYbNVIAIqMFI.jpg
Edit: I guess this is his response

TMZ ‏ @ TMZ 5m 5 minutes ago
Johnny Manziel -- I Did NOT Hit My Girlfriend or Threaten Suicide http://dlvr.it/KQJmsf

Furyous

Jason Whitely Verified account ‏ @ JasonWhitely
EXCLUSIVE DETAILS: Johnny Manziel's ex claims the QB threatened to kill her and himself via @ rlopezwfaa @ jptrahan. http://www.wfaa.com/sports/johnny-ma...riend/32613842 …

Nate Ulrich ‏ @ NateUlrichABJ 5m 5 minutes ago
Police report released by Fort Worth PD confirms Colleen Crowley was the ex-girlfriend from Johnny Manziel incident this past weekend.

Nate Ulrich ‏ @ NateUlrichABJ 2m 2 minutes ago
Colleen Crowley was struck several times by Johnny Manziel, including on her left ear, according to police report.

Mary Kay Cabot ‏ @ MaryKayCabot 2m 2 minutes ago
In the Fort Worth police report, Colleen Crowley tells police that # Browns Manziel struck her several times and seemed to be on drugs

Scott Petrak ct
Scott Petrak ct – ‏@ScottPetrak

Colleen Crowley said she ran out of apartment to escape #Browns QB Johnny Manziel. He escaped on foot, which prompted helicopter search.
3:12 PM - 4 Feb 2016

Tom Pelissero ‏ @ TomPelissero 3m 3 minutes ago
NFL on Johnny Manziel: "Our review of this incident began when it happened. We are aware of the police report."

Mannnnnn... WAT? We need to cut him now, fuck later, now. Not tomorrow, not March 8th but right fucking now. He needs help outside of football and the Browns need to assist him in getting that help as a person.

Does he receive the Greg Hardy treatment from fans and announcers? This is damn scary and I hope he gets help.

Surprised this has been a secret for so long but yeah Manziel seems finished with that. Cowboys already got heat from signing Greg Hardy, no need to bring this much bad attention to the organization.

Lions fire Sheldon White, continue housecleaning:

New general manager Bob Quinn's purge of the longest-tenured people in the Detroit Lions' personnel department has claimed another victim: Sheldon White.

White spent 19 seasons with the Lions in a variety of roles, most recently as vice president of pro personnel and then interim general manager. He played safety for the team for three seasons (1990-92).

He texted a statement to the Free Press this afternoon: "I want to thank the Ford Family for allowing me to work with the Detroit Lions for 19 years. My children are true Michiganders. I also want to personally thank Mrs. (Martha) Ford for giving me the opportunity to be the Interim General Manager for the last half of the 2015 season. Hopefully we will carry the momentum from our 6-2 finish into the 2016 season. GO LIONS!"

The Lions promoted White to interim general manager after they fired Martin Mayhew in November, and White interviewed for the permanent job last month.

Quinn was noncommittal when asked about White's future during last week's Senior Bowl, which White did not attend.

"We’re still evaluating everybody, so the decisions that we’ve made so far are out there, in terms of staff changes, and everyone else is still working," Quinn said. "The pro guys are back (in Detroit) working right now on free agency. I thought that was the most prudent thing for them to kind of concentrate on, rather than coming down here and looking at the college guys. So they’re back there working on that stuff right now."

White joins a host of front-office members shown the door since Quinn was hired as general manager and executive vice president almost a month ago.

Longtime scout Scott McEwen and senior vice president of football operations Cedric Saunders were fired last month, and Quinn added Kyle O'Brien as director of player personnel, Kevin Anderson as chief of staff and Matt Harriss as vice president of football administration.

With White out, the Lions will add a pro personnel director to their staff.

I look forward to Jerry Jones telling the media about how Manziel is a good guy who is just misunderstood when he eventually signs Johnny Football.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Man, I defended Manziel with his party antics.. but this shit.. this shit? Fuck that guy, piece of trash.

He'll never find another job in the league, we can hope.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas, your thoughts?

Pretty much what Wedge said. Stafford has been a leader on and off the field and while he and Jay Cutler have similar arm strength (two of the strongest arms in the game), Stafford has been clutch in the 4th quarter throughout his career and has been a leader for his teammates. Stafford is far less turnover prone as well.

Check his stats after Coach Caldwell benched him. Jay Cutler would've demanded a trade immediately after being benched whereas Stafford came back and finished the season with 19 TDs, 2 INTs and did not Pout once.

Jay Cutler has never had or will ever have a season that Stafford had in 2011 with 5,000 Yards, 41 TDs, 16 INTs.

Tom Penny

I'd honestly take Cutler over Stafford were I forced
As much as Stafford blows one could argue nobody was working with more and did nothing than Cultler. forte/marshall/alshon and bennett at TE. Thats ridiculous. Matty Ice.. Dumbest nickname ever and unwaranted managed to score zero I believe with julio prime roddy and tony gonzales in the playoffs. Thats hard too.

Crisco

Banned
If I'm choosing between Jay Cutler and Matt Stafford I just hang myself. Fuck that. There is always a door number three.

As much as Stafford blows one could argue nobody was working with more and did nothing than Cultler. forte/marshall/alshon and bennett at TE. Thats ridiculous. Matty Ice.. Dumbest nickname ever and unwaranted managed to score zero I believe with julio prime roddy and tony gonzales in the playoffs. Thats hard too.
Cutler at least got to an NFC championship game. Fatty has never even won a playoff game. Give me cutler all day every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom