• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

U3OKAEgl.png

bionic77

I can't believe some of the things that you ignorant sluts will post on the internet.

Talking shit about the DS/3DS and likening Fire Emblem to disgusting anime?

That is stupid even for sluts as ignorant as the ones that occupy this once great thread.

Fire Emblem is not a style and it should and cannot be labeled or put in some box. It is simply a test of intelligence and good taste. Unfortunately it does not appear that many of you were able to pass this test and you will henceforth be placed in the subhuman category. Still above Pats fans but beneath the rest of us.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I can't believe some of the things that you ignorant sluts will post on the internet.

That is stupid even for sluts as ignorant as the ones that occupy this once great thread.

Fire Emblem is not a style and it should and cannot be labeled or put in some box. It is simply a test of intelligence and good taste. Unfortunately it does not appear that many of you were able to pass this test and you will henceforth be placed in the subhuman category. Still above Pats fans but beneath the rest of us.

Isn't this the series where you give a lesbian a magic potion to turn her straight so you can pretend bang her?

You sound like the guy trying to say Pokemon wasn't anime

Fire Emblem is anime as fuck. It's okay to like it, but you can't like it while saying you hate anime. It's anime. Pokemon's anime. DBZ? Anime.

I'm with Bionic. I have my Fire Emblem preorder in, and I ain't no damn animu.

Pepiope

Rapoport says to keep an eye on the Raiders, Seahawks and Cowboys with regards to the Murray situation.

I have to imagine any trade will come with a restructured contract. And the Eagles will be lucky to get a 5th rounder, at most.
What Murray situation? He wants out? Dougy doesn't want him?

jakncoke

Banned
I'm sure you have done more than enough to deserve your bans. Just because you were blacked out from a couple of Smirnoff Ices doesn't mean it was BS.

Ive deserved bans sure but correcting some no dick cant get wet pats fan or whatever the she quotes as a thing for what is and isnt horse collar is bs.

bionic77

I'm sure you have done more than enough to deserve your bans. Just because you were blacked out from a couple of Smirnoff Ices doesn't mean it was BS.
I probably deserve to have been banned for many of my posts. I have said some outrageous shit. I thought i was shielded by humor but who the hell knows how it works.

But the ones I actually got banned for were really stupid.

Crisco

Banned
NM beat me to it.

I'm assuming he's referring to this:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/02/01/pro-why-the-broncos-will-win-super-bowl-50/

Dealing with pressure, is a bit different than picking up a blitz.

I think Cam's passing numbers "under pressure" is a bit of fools gold for a defensive coordinator game planning for him. Cam has been protecting a lot of big leads this season, and is perfectly happy taking a few safe yards on the ground when his pass protection breaks down then risking any kind of pass. I do agree though that forcing him out of the pocket and into throwing on the run is a good bet for the defense.

Hindl

Eagles are going to have 2 new guards for sure this year. Maybe get some bigger guys.

But we're running the WCO, which is basically what Chip was running at a faster pace. Use stretch run plays and short horizontal passes to stretch the defense horizontally. Something that benefits most from a zone running scheme. The type of scheme that Murray doesn't fit in. I think we'll be getting some guards too, but I think they'll be more athletic than bulldozers again.

I just started phantom pain. Not sure if like yet.

The first mission drags on too long I hated it. Once you get into the actual gameplay it's great, with the occasional shitty mission thrown in. Bad story too but the gameplay is worth it

Also about Murray, probably just player speak, but at the same time this rumor of him leaving was reported, he was on ESPN saying this:

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/vqvql

"Do you want to be back in Philadelphia?"

"I do, I do [want to be back]. Obviously, it’s something for me, that’s not the lasting impression I want to leave in my mouth and the fans and my family, anyone. I take football very, very serious, it’s my life. I love it, besides my family and my faith, obviously. I never want to leave off on a note like I did last year, so I’m working tremendously harder to try and improve from an individual standpoint and a team standpoint as well."

Cam doesn't actually even throw that much from outside of the pocket anyways. The idea that he has to throw from the pocket has been so beaten into his head that 99% of the time if he's scrambling, he's going to just tuck it and run.

The flip side of that though, he is a lot more prone to taking bad coverage sacks now because he hangs in the pocket for too long looking for a throwing option when he should just bail out.

And that is partly (as Crisco said), the Panthers spend so much time nursing big leads that the sack is always the better option than forcing bad throws.

Cowboys cap space with the new projected cap is just over $8m, Murray 2016 cap hit is $8mill, can't trade for him, gotta hope the Eagles can't find a trade partner and they forced to release him..

PS:dead money hit for releasing him is $13m if they can't trade him he's staying in Philly...

tmdorsey

I'm about to put in my pre-order on Amazon. I'm trying to decide whether to go with Birthright or Conquest first. What does the fellow Fire Emblem players here say?

eznark

Banned
Cam doesn't actually even throw that much from outside of the pocket anyways. The idea that he has to throw from the pocket has been so beaten into his head that 99% of the time if he's scrambling, he's going to just tuck it and run.

The flip side of that though, he is a lot more prone to taking bad coverage sacks now because he hangs in the pocket for too long looking for a throwing option when he should just bail out.

One of the main reasons I prefer Wilson. Danger is always looking to throw.

Hindl

I'm about to put in my pre-order on Amazon. I'm trying to decide whether to go with Birthright or Conquest first. What does the fellow Fire Emblem players here say?

Apparently they're structured differently. Birthright is a lot like Awakening in it's structure. Conquest is a lot like older FE games. There's no free battles where you can grind out experience, you just get a set amount of chapters to level your units up. Also, obviously recruitable units and items will be different as well. So if you liked Awakening the best out of the FE games, go Birthright. If you liked old school FE, go Conquest.

RBH

f53l1urits9cq6w1xerc.jpg

When it comes to the stadium scam, there are few things worse than the local media cheerleading the rich guys and urging local governments to spend hundreds of millions in taxpayer dollars to make sports teams happy. This would be worse: the Las Vegas Review-Journal, recently purchased by hands-on billionaire Sheldon Adelson, has been gingerly covering Adelson’s plan to get a Las Vegas stadium built for the Raiders, and the paper has reportedly made edits and even killed one story outright that would have portrayed the plan in anything less than glowing terms.

Politico has an insanely depressing story today on Adelson gradually exercising editorial control of the Review-Journal, which he purchased (in attempted secrecy) in December. Since then, there have been a growing number of edits favorable to Adelson’s interests, a proposed stadium deal featuring private investors led by Adelson’s Sands Corp., and a “significant” amount of public money.

The edits were overseen by Craig Moon, Adelson’s handpicked publisher.

The Review-Journal reported that Adelson had met with the ownership of Oakland Raiders football team, hoping to lure them to Las Vegas and into a new “public/private”-funded $1 billion domed stadium.

The new publisher has reviewed each stadium story since, and the stories have seen numerous Moon-directed edits, several sources confirm. Those edits include removing key points of fact on what may turn out to become a $600 million-plus public investment in a football stadium. At least one stadium story was killed, as well, my sources confirm.
http://deadspin.com/sheldon-adelson-is-killing-stories-about-how-much-his-r-1757124937

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom