• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why do you shoot so many 3's?

"because there are no 4s."

Antoine Walker

Antoine was a man ahead of his time.

Its the greatest quote ever and its 100% the truth. Shooting 3 point shots is more efficient than shooting 2 point shots, it was such a simple concept that took the league ages to embrace.

bMwzGwI.jpg

That’s just one of the revelations in a Washington Post report today in which, for the first time, a Manning spokesperson admits that part of Sly’s story was true: that the Guyer Clinic in Indianapolis did indeed ship drugs to Manning’s house as alleged by Al-Jazeera America’s documentary and later by the documentary’s producer. Manning had previously called those claims “completely fabricated.” The Manning camp refused to discuss the issue further with the Post, citing Ashley Manning’s medical privacy.
Manning’s investigative team did nothing that would interfere with subsequent investigations, said Ari Fleischer, the former White House press secretary and crisis management consultant Manning has hired.

The lawyer who visited the Guyer Institute did not remove any records, Fleischer said, and Manning’s investigators in no way influenced or coerced Sly into issuing his recanting statement, which he recorded Dec. 24, the day after they had questioned him.

squicken

That stuff about the way Peyton handled that sexual harassment thing in college has really changed my opinion on him. I was always under the impression he had just mooned her. But what he actually did is gross, and that he has repeatedly lied about it and never really apologized makes him an ass (good for her that she keeps suing him). As a grown up he should be able to admit to doing something really bad and dumb as a 20 year old, but he won't

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
One of the podcast I listen to said the day after the retirement story came out that he wanted out of Detroit.

There's so much speculation outside of Detroit news circles that's unfounded and baseless speculation just to fill air time. It's nonsense from people who haven't watched the Lions nor could name 5 players on our roster.

If Megatron wanted out of Detroit he would've requested a trade long ago. The roster has never had as much young talent and potential than it has in the history of the organization, IMO. He knows that and has said as much.

I really hope this doesn't come down to contract negotiations which is what I'm starting to think it is.

If Megatron was 100% certain on retirement he would've announced it by now. I think he's having second thoughts and for all he's done for the franchise I would pay him the $24 Million. It's an absurd amount of money for a WR but he's earned it for at least one more year.

MechDX

Nice work for Bob to get a neutral field game while building up his brand. I think most of Mexico is Cowboy country but maybe the Texans can make inroads

Should never had picked the name Texans. Never was a big fan of it.

I wanted something space themed or the Roughnecks

Farooq

Banned
Yeah fair enough I stand corrected. Still, your line is better than ours and we were running those out of the shotgun. But we also tend to run stretch and sweep plays a lot, which he isn't suited for. We can do a lot by replacing our guards with some big guys, but Jason Kelce is a little too small to push downfield. He's great on sweep plays since he can pull out and get to the second level so quickly, but he's an example of why we might not be built for murray

There might be something there about his struggles from running out of shotgun, he takes time to get going (curious to see how many times Alex Smith was under center and if that carries over). He also could have just been slower from the near career ending workload he had with Dallas. They just ran him into the ground and did him no favors. Doesn't help that Randle was a fucking idiot and the coaches couldn't trust him in game.

Honestly, with the strength and conditioning program of the Eagles and his reduced carries down the stretch, I think he will have a bounce back year. That is assuming his struggles were due to the workload he had the previous year, which I think played a part.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Roger would have fined the 85 Bears out of existence.

To be fair that's how the game was played, and encouraged from the NFL down to Pee Wee, until the concussion issues started to be raised around 2008.

Just read Bill Romanoski's quote from today.

effzee

That stuff about the way Peyton handled that sexual harassment thing in college has really changed my opinion on him. I was always under the impression he had just mooned her. But what he actually did is gross, and that he has repeatedly lied about it and never really apologized makes him an ass (good for her that she keeps suing him). As a grown up he should be able to admit to doing something really bad and dumb as a 20 year old, but he won't

First time hearing this. What happened or what did he do?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kirk Cousins is doing an AMA.

I wish Tony Romo would do an AMA. I want to ask him why he is raises the heel of his front foot instead of keeping it on the ground.

:jnc

Going to be really interesting to see if the Cowboys draft at QB at #4 to potentially groom a successor to Tony Romo or if the Cowboys trade with the Rams, like the Cowboys did to draft Morris Claiborne in 2012.

Rams are almost certainly going to be looking for a QB, especially moving to LA, and with that extra 2nd round draft pick from the Nick Foles trade, they have the assets to move up from #15 to #4.

And even at the #15 pick (or one of the 2nd rounders), Jerry could potentially pick a QB he likes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom