• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Watt has played 5 years and won DPOY in three of them. Should have won 4. How can people be salty over his media presence? What more could he do to earn that? Just enjoy the greatness

Keep those Watt pictures coming, Mech.

Watt deserves all the credit and recognition.

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR AGAIN!

I SAID, ARE YOU READY FOR THIS, J.J.?

WHOO!

Line plz

9s15ezw.gif

Line_HTX

Watt has played 5 years and won DPOY in three of them. Should have won 4. How can people be salty over his media presence? What more could he do to earn that? Just enjoy the greatness

It's like what Watt told Dan Patrick, once you get there, they want to tear you down.

Watt is the best there is. Simply the greatest thing to shove that scouting report down haters' throats.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Would say I can't believe TO didn't get in and a guy who is probably actually a murderer got in instead of him but think everyone saw that coming.

I don't think anyone's salty over his media exposure.

We just all call him out for his hypocrisy in acting like he was above exploiting his celebrity before (he's seemingly embraced it more now).

bionic77

I know my team is shitty, but your team was supposed to be contenders!!! FRAUDS!!! JJ needs a happier home. Need more than just DPoY's

:p

But Laker game is already over. From the first tip
Kobe has actually been decent for awhile. That means we are due for one of his limbs to fall off.

I think the team actually is not that far away from competing. But we desperately need a real coach with a real system. These kids are not learning shit with Scott as coach. Weird how few great coaches there are in professional sports.

Godslay

Banned
I like Watt.

Great player, great guy.

Best ones play to the camera. Hope he gets a taste of greatness beyond his individual accolades.

Kobe has actually been decent for awhile. That means we are due for one of his limbs to fall off.

I think the team actually is not that far away from competing. But we desperately need a real coach with a real system. These kids are not learning shit with Scott as coach. Weird how few great coaches there are in professional sports.
True on Scott. Cooper would of been a better coach than Scott

Also :jnc on MJ cry thread

squicken

Would say I can't believe TO didn't get in and a guy who is probably actually a murderer got in instead of him but think everyone saw that coming.

-For whatever reason they have a quota on each position per class. So never 2 QBs, or OLs, or WRs. It was Marvin's turn.

-I agree with gata that Dungy isn't a HoF coach, but I don't really have a big issue with him going in.

-Jeddy needs to sell the team to Eddie if he promises to never try and bribe US Senators again

-Glad that Greene got in. Seemed like a player the stat guys knew was good but the old guard couldn't figure out

-All the Rams players have said that Pace was the guy that made the offense go. He could do anything in any protection scheme. So no issue with him going in ahead of Warner and the WRs

Bread

Banned
I don't think anyone's salty over his media exposure.

We just all call him out for his hypocrisy in acting like he was above exploiting his celebrity before (he's seemingly embraced it more now).
yeah he has certainly earned it but that doesn't change the fact that he's unlikable

Crisco

Banned
The impressive thing about Watt is he's doing this on a defense that lacks talent overall and as every offense's #1 priority to stop. Still though, I think Kuechly affects the game more on a play by play basis and should have won if he didn't miss 4 games.

MechDX

The impressive thing about Watt is he's doing this on a defense that lacks talent overall and as every offense's #1 priority to stop. Still though, I think Kuechly affects the game more on a play by play basis and should have won if he didn't miss 4 games.

That defense isn't lacking talent overall, just isn't.

Serious lack of offense is killing the defense. Texans Defense is #1 in the league if they have an offense that can actually score.

The fact that the Broncos have twice as many Super Bowl appearances as hall of famers is total bull shit. There are zero members of the 1977 team in the Hall despite having one of the best defenses of all time.

bionic77

JJ is not a speed guy so I think he should age pretty well and could contribute for a long time.

He will probably win his title after he makes his money in Houston and goes to anchor a real contender.

Basically just like Reggie White.

Godslay

Banned
That defense isn't lacking talent overall, just isn't.

Serious lack of offense is killing the defense. Texans Defense is #1 in the league if they have an offense that can actually score.

Clean up the back end a little bit and they'll be great. Clowney feels like he's due for a leap.

The fact that the Broncos have twice as many Super Bowl appearances as hall of famers is total bull shit. There are zero members of the 1977 team in the Hall despite having one of the best defenses of all time.

Don't look up how many Chiefs are in the HoF.

Bread

Banned
the broncos have twice as many super bowl losses as they do wins too

squicken

Tomlinson should be a lock next year. Hines Ward isn't a HoF, but if Bettis got in, then pretty much any player that played in Pittsburgh will eventually get in

bionic77

Hines will get in. He works in the media now. He has sway.
Football people love Hines because he was a tough wide receiver.

Receiver is pretty stacked so you often have to wait to make it to the HOF but popularity can help.

Watching the Warriors, not sure how anyone can beat them if they are on their game. Never seen anything like this. They beat you down with jump shots. They have mastered the modern NBA with the zone defense rules.

bionic77

The Warriors are running the 2nd to 4th best teams in the league off the court. They got the Cavs coach fired.

On the other hand you don't really want to peak in January/February unless you are playing football.

The Warriors bench is better than the fucking Lakers starters...

Godslay

Banned
Football people love Hines because he was a tough wide receiver.

Receiver is pretty stacked so you often have to wait to make it to the HOF but popularity can help.

Watching the Warriors, not sure how anyone can beat them if they are on their game. Never seen anything like this. They beat you down with jump shots. They have mastered the modern NBA with the zone defense rules.

Lakers fans now get to feel what being a Warriors fan was like for next 10 years or so. Probably longer.

bionic77

Lakers fans now get to feel what being a Warriors fan was like for next 10 years or so. Probably longer.
The Lakers have some solid pieces. We are not that far away from competing.

Contending for a championship is another matter.

But things don't look nearly as bad as they did for the past 2 years.

Of course we have been so fucking spoiled during the Kobe era. Even in the 90s they were so fun to watch even before they figured it out. And we had the Cedric Era before that. And before that it was Magic.

Curry is pretty close to how exciting Kobe was. He is missing the athleticism and holy shit moments, but he makes up for it with ridiculous skill and the disbelief that happens when you are watching what looks like a JV high school player lighting it up in the NBA. But Kobe did it for like 15 years. Steph just figured it out. Lets see how long he can keep this going.

Godslay

Banned

Of course we have been so fucking spoiled during the Kobe era. Even in the 90s they were so fun to watch even before they figured it out. And we had the Cedric Era before that. And before that it was Magic.

Curry is pretty close to how exciting Kobe was. He is missing the athleticism and holy shit moments, but he makes up for it with ridiculous skill and the disbelief that happens when you are watching what looks like a JV high school player lighting it up in the NBA. But Kobe did it for like 15 years. Steph just figured it out. Lets see how long he can keep this going.

Won't matter.

The Lakers will get liver punched. GSW core is young, and their game isn't dependent on physicality so they should have good longevity.

Unless you build a team that can beat them up down low and slow the game down. Cavs did it for a couple games before the Warriors realized they could shoot them out of the gym.

Won't matter.

The Lakers will get liver punched. GSW core is young, and their game isn't dependent on physicality so they should have good longevity.

Unless you build a team that can beat them up down low and slow the game down. Cavs did it for a couple games before the Warriors realized they could shoot them out of the gym.

Steph Curry's ankles are made of paper. It's only a matter of time.

LionPride

Banned

I'm ready for the TWolves and Lakers to have good times in the next few years. The games between them should be good. As long as the Wolves fire Sam Mitchell and Lakers fire Scott

bionic77

Won't matter.

The Lakers are young and I said we are not close to contending for a title.

The Warriors are unbeatable now but a huge reason for that is how amazingly deep their team is. That won't last forever. It remains to be seen how long this team can sustain this. There is a reason that teams don't 4peat. It is fucking hard to keep playing at this level.

I hate when people make dumb statements like this current team is the best will always be the best. Just enjoy what you have now and lets see how shit plays out. Remember now too long ago it was supposed to be the Seattle dynasty that was going to rule over the NFL for the next 4-5 years. This shit is fragile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom