• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Line plz

9s15ezw.gif

LOL, I'm so happy for both Tekken 7 and Watt looking better than ever!

YAY-YAH!!

Yabo

Banned
Bionic, your Lakers will be good when KD or Westbrook head over there. You're just stuck in the Kobe being a selfish superstar (for the 39th time) year.

I hate the retirement tour that Mariano Rivera started. Just retire.

Dungy being in the HoF while TD is not in the HoF is some kind of sick joke.

Yep. NFL HOF is turning into a joke like the MLB HOF

bionic77

Don't be a huge cunt and horrible teammate if you don't want to wait to make it to the NFL HOF.

He will make it eventually.

FMT will agree that TO should have to wait for what he said about Jgar!

Godslay

Banned
Steph Curry's ankles are made of paper. It's only a matter of time.

If they can make Kobe's knees last this long...

The Lakers are young and I said we are not close to contending for a title.

The Warriors are unbeatable now but a huge reason for that is how amazingly deep their team is. That won't last forever. It remains to be seen how long this team can sustain this. There is a reason that teams don't 4peat. It is fucking hard to keep playing at this level.

I hate when people make dumb statements like this current team is the best will always be the best. Just enjoy what you have now and lets see how shit plays out. Remember now too long ago it was supposed to be the Seattle dynasty that was going to rule over the NFL for the next 4-5 years. This shit is fragile.

Nothing lasts forever, but everyone wants the sun to rise immediately after it sets.

They'll be good for some time assuming they stay healthy. Not saying LAL can't compete, they're just entering that dark night though.

While I want TD to be in, Dungy deserves it. Plenty of accolades.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The Lakers are young and I said we are not close to contending for a title.

The Warriors are unbeatable now but a huge reason for that is how amazingly deep their team is. That won't last forever. It remains to be seen how long this team can sustain this. There is a reason that teams don't 4peat. It is fucking hard to keep playing at this level.

I hate when people make dumb statements like this current team is the best will always be the best. Just enjoy what you have now and lets see how shit plays out. Remember now too long ago it was supposed to be the Seattle dynasty that was going to rule over the NFL for the next 4-5 years. This shit is fragile.

Golden State may have at least one more year of dominance then we'll see.

Steph is still getting paid pennies until next season then he'll get his max contract then we'll see how they have to get rid of.

bionic77

Bionic, your Lakers will be good when KD or Westbrook head over there. You're just stuck in the Kobe being a selfish superstar (for the 39th time) year.

I hate the retirement tour that Mariano Rivera started. Just retire.

Yep. NFL HOF is turning into a joke like the MLB HOF
I hate this narrative. Because it is so lazy. People rushed to jump on Kobe but the Lakers are in trouble right now because the commish vetoed a trade between two teams. If we have Chris Paul we are still competing and coming up short in the playoffs. History has shown that Kobe was 100% right about Dwight.

Kobe is actually playing pretty well since December. He is definitely playing better than Tim Duncan but that doesn't support the narrative that came up after Dwight bolted. The same bitch who Houston wants to jettison after making it to the conference championship last year. The Spurs don't win because Tim is a nice guy. They win because of smart management moves, a HOF coach, and a loaded team. They would win almost the same number of games without Tim playing.

Kobe is a selfish superstar but that is not why the Lakers suck. We bet it all on a trade that the commish stopped for reasons that still remain unclear to everyone. After that Pau wanted out and our backup plan was a paper tiger. The run ended and it is not Kobe's fault. Once his achilles tore the Lakers wisely tanked and kept Kobe on the roster to keep making money.

I hate simplistic sports storylines (except about the Pats, they are simply evil and should be destroyed). Sports journalism is probably worse than regular journalism. Which is fucking horrendous.

Yabo

Banned
lol Terrell Davis. He was dominant but played a whopping 7 years and had 4 good ones.

3tds in a super bowl, missed the 2nd qtr.

Carried Elway's dead arm to two super bowls. Rushed for 1000 yds 3 times, and 2k once.
NFL MVP, Super Bowl MVP

What more can you want? Compare his RB stats to a QB, he is better at his job than Favre was as a QB. Dude belongs in.

bionic77

If that fat fuck Bettis is on the HOF then TD should definitely be in the HOF.

For his prime, granted only 4-5 years, he was one of the best to ever do it.

Just my opinion. I think 5 years is enough when you are that great.

Crisco

Banned
Yeah, plus we're talking running backs, if longevity was a deciding factor there'd be 4 of them in the entire Hall of Fame.

I ordered some chinese takeout tonight and they gave me two fortune cookies. Which means they must have thought I ordered enough food for two people. I feel like a Freeman.

Godslay

Banned
lol Terrell Davis. He was dominant a couple years but played a whopping 7 years and had 4 good ones.

For someone as obsessed as yourself with ringz and postseason records this surprises me. TD was the most dominant postseason RB we've seen so far.

You could argue scheme and you'd have some merit with all the 1000 yard backs it produced.

Yet, he was the best that played in that system though and it wasn't even close. To this day.

He'll get in its only a matter of time.

bionic77

I ordered some chinese takeout tonight and they gave me two fortune cookies. Which means they must have thought I ordered enough food for two people. I feel like a Freeman.
Fatty the Lakers have a chance to steal a game against the Spurs.

Kobe is back!

Wait a second. We are supposed to lose. Scott is so dumb he can't even lose! FUUUUUUUUUCK!

Yabo

Banned
Dungy got in because he was the first black coach to win a Super Bow,l right? He's awful and rode Peyton's coattails for years.

Godslay

Banned
Dungy got in because he was the first black coach to win a Super Bow,l right? He's awful and rode Peyton's coattails for years.

atHarrisonNFL: Criticism of Dungy as a HOFer? Won SB as player. Great Asst coach. Went to postseason 11 of 13 years as head coach. Sounds good to me.

Tom Penny

For someone as obsessed as yourself with ringz and postseason records this surprises me. TD was the most dominant postseason RB we've seen so far.

You could argue scheme and you'd have some merit with all the 1000 yard backs it produced.

Yet, he was the best that played in that system though and it wasn't even close. To this day.

He'll get in its only a matter of time.

It's called body of work. Litertally 4 good years in a whole career. The other 3 he wasn't available to enough to make any impact. That's not a HOF career to me. Then again I don't think Aikman should be in and plenty people think he's a HOF QB. Dude average 12 passing TD's a year for his career and never even cracked 20 in a season with a HOF WR on the roster.

Yabo

Banned
atHarrisonNFL: Criticism of Dungy as a HOFer? Won SB as player. Great Asst coach. Went to postseason 11 of 13 years as head coach. Sounds good to me.
I wasn't alive for when he was a player, but he played 3 years total, no?

That doesn't dispute that Peyton carried him all those years.

His Tampa stats, makes him as good as Lovie Smith.

Never came back after he was fired.

bionic77

If we are talking about coattails then you need to talk about Gruden and not Dungy.

Dungy built great teams in TB and Indy. They were solid from top to bottom. Gruden came in and finished it off but the team was built by Dungy. Gruden was never able to replicate what Dungy built by his own two extremely heterosexual and religious hands.

Not a lot of coaches can say they built a great team for 2 difference franchises. That is a pretty fucking small list. He deserves to go to the HOF. He is an asshole but he is a religious asshole and that kind of shit is accepted in the NFL.

Mindlog

Did Dungy say anything about Blue Laws?
That barbaric practice shouldn't exist in America.

Imagine someone turning Cleavland into a winner. Seems impossible right? That's basically what Dungy did. Without him a lot of us would be dead.

Yabo

Banned
Bionic, I don't think Gruden deserves to be in the HOF. Like Dungy, he's hiding behind a microphone. You put Gruden with those Peyton teams, hell, you put Tomsula there, and they still win the division every year.

Crisco

Banned
People think Dungy was an overrated and even kind of crappy coach for three main reason:

- the comparison to Belichick who consistently outshined him
- that he was brought in as a defensive minded coach yet rarely if ever field an elite defense in Indy, which leads to;
- the perception that Manning and the offense were largely responsible for the team's success

I can't argue with that reasoning, and he always seems like an idiot on TV, but who really knows.

bionic77

Bionic, I don't think Gruden deserves to be in the HOF. Like Dungy, he's hiding behind a microphone. You put Gruden with those Peyton teams, hell, you put Tomsula there, and they still win the division every year.
They made a huge leap between Mora and Dungy.

They continued to choke in the postseason but in the regular season they had an amazing run almost the minute Dungy came in. He also made their defense legit.

You can't hold it against Dungy that he won with Peyton. It is almost impossible to win in the NFL without an elite qb. The team Dungy built did it one year, but that took an all time defensive effort and a fabulous gift from the city of Philadelphia.

Yabo

Banned
They made a huge leap between Mora and Dungy.

They continued to choke in the postseason but in the regular season they had an amazing run almost the minute Dungy came in. He also made their defense legit.

You can't hold it against Dungy that he won with Peyton. It is almost impossible to win in the NFL without an elite qb. The team Dungy built did it one year, but that took an all time defensive effort and a fabulous gift from the city of Philadelphia.

Broncos might win it with a (currently) not elite QB, one of the worst QBs statistically to be in the SB.

If they win, does that make Kubiak a HOF coach? Better player than Dungy ever was, two franchises, etc.

bionic77

Broncos might win it with a (currently) not elite QB, one of the worst QBs statistically to be in the SB.

If they win, does that make Kubiak a HOF coach? Better player than Dungy ever was, two franchises, etc.
Dungy cultivated and coached up a bunch of players on two teams.

You have to give credit to Kubiak for managing and maximizing what he had on this team, but wasn't the Broncos defense built mostly through FA? That to me speaks more to a ridiculous job by the GM than the coach.

I am not a Dungy fan but as a coach he could built winners. You can't compare the Broncos situation to what Dungy did in Tampa and Indy.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
What's the point of watching the NFL Honors if the results are already being revealed.

Good point, should keep it secret and unveil the choices live.

I hated how draft picks were spoiled in last years draft in the Draft OT through various media sources then posted on GAF. Completely staying off GAF and the Internet during the draft and just watching it live on NFL Network.

I remember in the previous draft PD and one other LionsGaffer had to keep me and my "you can never have to many weapons on offense" philosophy on check :jnc

We traded down to the Broncos at around #28 IIRC and wanted us to draft Jaelen Strong from ASU.

"Bruh we just drafted an offensive player last year at #10 we need something else, D-Line, O-Line maybe secondary."

We ended up drafting Laken Tomlinson (Guard, Duke), which was a solid pick. Jaelen Strong ended up in the 3rd round to the Texans.

Though with this years draft we have to strongly consider a WR in the first with or without Megatron. Golden Tate is a legit Top 10 receiver, Eric Ebron will continue to improve IMO, Theo Riddick and Ameer Abdullah will make plays from the backfield or slot. TJ Jones is an interesting player to watch for with the Lions going forward but no doubt in my mind with draft a WR somewhere between Rounds 1-3.

bionic77

Going to sleep bros.

Good luck tomorrow Peyton!

By all logic you never should have even gotten there. Maybe you can dink your game to one more win!

Godslay

Banned
It's called body of work. Litertally 4 good years in a whole career. The other 3 he wasn't available to enough to make any impact. That's not a HOF career to me. Then again I don't think Aikman should be in and plenty people think he's a HOF QB. Dude average 12 passing TD's a year for his career and never even cracked 20 in a season with a HOF WR on the roster.

Well he was top 10 this year. It's only a matter of time.

You can argue till you are blue in the face, but TD belongs among the greats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom