• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Carl's Stone Cold Lock of the Century.......Of The Week! *explosion*

hqdefault.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBTuYnJ25WE

RBH

stream-super-bowl-online-free.jpg

Don’t have a TV? You can still watch the biggest event of the year online: CBS plans to live stream Super Bowl 50 on its website for free:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/superbowl/live/player

The Panthers and Broncos will kick off at 6:30 p.m. ET on Sunday with CBS’ pregame coverage starting at 2 p.m. ET across all platforms.

The CBS Sports app will also stream the Super Bowl for users of Roku, Apple TV (third- and four-generation models only), Google Chromecast, Microsoft’s Xbox One, Amazon Fire TV and Android TV models from Sony, Sharp and Phillips.

Live-streaming on mobile devices is available only for Verizon Wireless customers through the NFL Mobile app.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Pro-tip from last year: stuff that is recognized as ironic in this thread gets you a ban in the other thread. Picked up a three day ban last year for a joking "thuggery " comment in the Super Bowl thread.

Yeah that started being a sensitive word in the OT around then.

Seems like thuggery is a much different thing than calling someone a thug though.

MechDX

Boy PFF don't like to be reminded that they are incorrect via Twitter about who was the DPOTY.

I'm gonna get the King/EZ treatment. "Listen here son"

Dungy built great teams in TB and Indy. They were solid from top to bottom. Gruden came in and finished it off but the team was built by Dungy.

No it wasn't. The main reason for the turnaround in Tampa was Malcolm Glazer who bought the team in 1996. The Bucs before that were under horrendous ownership for years under Hugh Culverhouse. Dungy would have done nothing if he were hired by Culverhouse.

Rich McKay was the GM of those Bucs teams. He's the one who drafted Brooks, Sapp, Barber, Lynch and Alstott. In fact, except for Barber, they were all in Tampa before Dungy. Monte Kiffin was the real mastermind behind the defense and he's tho one who adapted Dungy's Steel Curtain defensive concepts into the Tampa 2. Notice how the Bucs D was still dominant after Dungy was fired.

They made a huge leap between Mora and Dungy.

But they did not miss a beat when WOAT coach Jim Caldwell took over the team. In fact, in the first year following Dungy's retirement, the Colts would have probably clinched an undefeated regular season had they not rest their players during the last two games. And, I repeat, that was with Jim Caldwell as their head coach.

I would argue the leap between Mora and Dungy happened because Peyton got older and improved. The Colts were not very good during Dungy first season. They did make the playoffs, but there was no improvement in their DVOA numbers and they were destroyed 41-0 by the Jets in the wildcard game. Then, the following season, Peyton went MVP mode.

They continued to choke in the postseason but in the regular season they had an amazing run almost the minute Dungy came in. He also made their defense legit.

You can't hold it against Dungy that he won with Peyton. It is almost impossible to win in the NFL without an elite qb. The team Dungy built did it one year, but that took an all time defensive effort and a fabulous gift from the city of Philadelphia.

But Dungy did not only have an elite QB, he had one of the best of all-time, surrounded by multiple HoFers (all of them were drafted before Dungy joined the team). In Tampa, he probably had 4 HoFers (3 of them were drafted before he came in). A 9-10 playoffs record and one ring with all that talent is not particularly impressive.

Do you see Mike McCarthy as a Hall of Fame coach? Because he's basically the offensive version of Tony Dungy.

Not a lot of coaches can say they built a great team for 2 difference franchises.

Jon Gruden had success with 2 different franchises and he should not be near the Hall of Fame.

If we are talking about coattails then you need to talk about Gruden and not Dungy.

I agree, but Gruden riding Kiffin's coattails has nothing to do with this.

Bart HubbuchVerified account
‏@BartHubbuch
Super Bowl winner gets $97,000 each, loser get $49,000 each.

World Series winner gets $370,000 each, loser gets $300,000 each.

Wow

Even if you adjust for roster size, baseball players still win by a lot (especially the losers)

Reason #3452345234234 your kids should play baseball.

jakncoke

Banned
We scarficed Fitz to make Fox happy.

I corrected it. I Must be drunk from.talking to you

Oh i dont hate hack anymore. I was just tired of him being on the penn st team. I had similar reactions when Anthony Morelli didnt live up to any expectations

ampere

Bart HubbuchVerified account
‏@BartHubbuch
Super Bowl winner gets $97,000 each, loser get $49,000 each.

World Series winner gets $370,000 each, loser gets $300,000 each.

Wow

Even if you adjust for roster size, baseball players still win by a lot (especially the losers)

Reason #3452345234234 your kids should play baseball.

So, no CTE, more money, better union... yea baseball stays winning for the players

Still have joint issues, but welcome to sports

wtf

"tell us about gangsta shit and killing dr rbh!"

rando14

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Teammates still attempting to change his mind, but Seahawks' RB Marshawn Lynch has told some close to him he plans to retire, per sources.

giphy.gif

RBH

I actually forgot that today's game is going to be played almost entirely in daylight since the game starts at 3:30pm Pacific time.

Just doesn't seem right.

Kinda like WrestleMania 31!

Mindlog

The SB thread is like game day threads but on steroids with people talking about commercials and casuals joining in
As if our anime and disrespect is going to be any better.
This game will suck. Panthers 114 - Broncos 9.
http://cdn.exstreamist.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/stream-super-bowl-online-free.jpg
Breadstream owns the official NFL GAF streaming rights. Whenever someone asks you are required to link to that. When it goes up that is.
The fuck?

ampere

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Teammates still attempting to change his mind, but Seahawks' RB Marshawn Lynch has told some close to him he plans to retire, per sources.

https://media.giphy.com/media/xJOc1SJU5F7aM/giphy.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Dat RB lifespan : /

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom