• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

What happened to you bionic?

Went from expensive ass purses and ugly rugs to some damn Tendo vidja games?
I became successful and married an attractive woman.

These high end bitches ain't cheap. One day when you are older, have a savings account, and don't eat street hot dogs or Taco Bell for dinner every night you will understand.

As far as Nintendo. I have to admit that I have always had a weakness for good things.

I'm a huge fan of Awakening, but this game kinda blows it out of the water.
Don't you fucking joke about this!

effzee

Chip didn't draft Cooper or give him that extension, but Howie makes it look like he was Chip's guy by cutting him the first day he can

Not only that but had Maclin not gone down that pre-season, Cooper would have never gotten the break he did.

Starting WRs would have been Maclin and DeSean with Cooper in the slot.

I wonder how much of Cooper's contract was because Howie saw the writing on the wall with Chip and DeSean Jackson and was just trying to make sure the team actually had a WR the next season.

Maclin? Draft? I doubt he worried they wouldn't have a WR but tried to lock someone up who he thought was about to breakout even further after his strong season in 13.

Yeah, that's generally the point I am making. It's fun to play the Howie blame game, but he was sort of backed into a corner on the Riley Cooper contract. I still just don't understand the Howie Roseman hatred people have. Also, the "not a football guy" argument makes me want to punch people in the head.

You don't understand? Its well documented and confirmed by many people.

He rubs people the wrong way, can't get along with most in the FO, tons of talented people have been fired or left cause of Howie, and just this coaching search indications are candidates preferred other jobs because they didn't want to work Howie.

His drafts are nothing to write home about either. He excels at managing the cap but he hasn't proven himself as a talent evaluator and he himself admitted he needs to "work on" getting along with people and building "trust and relationships".

Yeah I am all in favor of bringing in outsiders. "Football guy" stuff to me is dumb. But Howie has had some really, really bad drafts. He also has had power struggles or personal issues with so many people, and he always wins. So I guess I would not be super enthused if my GM's greatest skill was office politics

Only way the Cam play makes sense is if he thought it was 4th down. Still not a good look
Unfortunately the 2015 Packers showed that you still need to have an offense. Our defense wasn't in the same league as the Panthers, Cardinals, or Broncos but it should have been good enough with our offense. First fucking year we have a good defense and this is what we get...yes I'm still mad.
Pack D was barely top 10, if even that. O was significantly better than Denver's, not that that is an achievement this year.

Certainly nothing compared to the SB year.

bionic77

Nah, it's all free will. Men and women alike, of any race, are welcome to lust after Russell.
Pay attention boys.

Those white girls can't say no to a rich bitch ass punk who pretends to be a born again virgin.

Most of you are bitches and are basically born again virgins (though not by choice so be sure to repackage that). You just need some money and you are set!

squicken

Donks gotta figure out how to keep Jackson. He's just too good to let go. Ware isn't getting younger, and his salary can come off the books just as Malik's salary would go up

bender

What time is it?
Donks gotta figure out how to keep Jackson. He's just too good to let go. Ware isn't getting younger, and his salary can come off the books just as Malik's salary would go up

I'd guess Ware would be willing to restructure to help the team out.

Godslay

Banned
51%?

In the 10 games before this year's divisional Peyton was 4-6. What would his record have been 15 years ago to give him 51%?

Was going off the 14-13 record.

15 years ago, it would have been 0%. He had only been in 1 divisional game. That was against the Titans in 1999 which they lost. The game they lost against Miami was a WC game.

Any O would have been great that day against Pitt. Denver gave Pitt a bunch of worthless yards, but Pittsburgh was largely ineffective. Brown would have changed that, but so would have a younger Manning. Basically opening up the Pandora's Box of what ifs, and not what was.

I've gotten into an argument with people who think Peyton's sexual assault in college is no big deal, help

Ask them what they would do if someone did that to them. If they say anything about how it'd be different if it happened to them, or how "well, WE don't deserve it", walk away immediately and never engage with them again

Crisco

Banned
Panthers draft will depend a bit on what we do in free agency. This is really the first offseason Gman will have the cap room to pursue a top flight free agent if he wants. Oher played well enough for us considering his compensation, but after last night it's hard to argue we don't need help at both tackle spots. Could always use more talent at WR but with KB coming back I don't think its worth a high draft pick or expensive free agent contract. Biggest need is getting younger and more talented at cornerback and safety, so that's what I hope we draft. If we spend big anything, let it be 4-3 defensive end of which there are quite a few in this free agent class.

cdyhybrid

Panthers draft will depend a bit on what we do in free agency. This is really the first offseason Gman will have the cap room to pursue a top flight free agent if he wants. Oher played well enough for us considering his compensation, but after last night it's hard to argue we don't need help at both tackle spots. Could always use more talent at WR but with KB coming back I don't think its worth a high draft pick or expensive free agent contract. Biggest need is getting younger and more talented at cornerback and safety, so that's what I hope we draft. If we spend big anything, let it be 4-3 defensive end of which there are quite a few in this free agent class.
I love your avatar.

bionic77

Have you attempted to shove your ass in their faces yet? Sometimes experiencing is believing.
True story.

I was playing basketball this Sunday as always. My cheap ass finally got a new pair of sneakers because I was sick and tired of not having any traction. It made a huge difference and I was rejecting fools left and right and making it rain from the 3 point line.

Well anyways there was this incredibly obese guy who was on the other team. He must have been 350+ and was probably 5'9". Maybe 5'10" at best. This dude was horrible but also hilarious. Every time he scored he would shout out "Lunchtime!". He was too fat to escape the Earth's gravity so I blocked the fuck out of all his weak attempts around the basket and unfortunately I put a stop to his hilarious celebrations. But there was a point during the game where I dove for a loose ball and the fat guy slipped on his way to the same. He was slowly rolling or falling towards me and it looked like either his belly or ass to fall right on my face. My life flashed before my eyes and the whole fucking gym just stopped to watch what looked like was surely going to be a huge train wreck. If this happened I probably would have quit basketball forever and asked my doctor for whatever drugs make you forget things. But by a miracle of Tebow he somehow managed to get his fat hand on the ground and I missed getting a metric ton of ass directly on my face by the s smallest of margins. I can't be certain but I thought I saw an angel with Tebow's face and the strength of Hercules helping move the fat guy out of the way to save my life.

If that girl had to go through anything like that Peyton should have to go to jail for the rest of his life!

Maclin? Draft? I doubt he worried they wouldn't have a WR but tried to lock someone up who he thought was about to breakout even further after his strong season in 13.

Maclin was coming off an injury that you can't be sure someone will be the same player after.

You don't understand? Its well documented and confirmed by many people.

He rubs people the wrong way, can't get along with most in the FO, tons of talented people have been fired or left cause of Howie, and just this coaching search indications are candidates preferred other jobs because they didn't want to work Howie.

Completely based off of rumor and speculation by the media. The only criticism of Howie came from Joe Banner after he got axed, which speaks only to Banner's bitterness and may have had nothing to do with Roseman at all. Who else has complained about Roseman other than media and fans? It's annoyingly speculative to even reiterate this.

His drafts are nothing to write home about either. He excels at managing the cap but he hasn't proven himself as a talent evaluator and he himself admitted he needs to "work on" getting along with people and building "trust and relationships".

Lurie said Roseman was not in charge of the 2010 and 2011 drafts, but that Reid and Banner were still in charge (though I have no idea how true this is), and that means the 2012 draft was his first draft with full control. That was an excellent draft. 2013 was also an excellent draft. In 2014 he was contending with Chip in the draft process, which is clear to be seen by picks like Josh Huff being in there. Yeah, Howie blew it with Marcus Smith for sure. If you're looking at the two years Roseman had exclusive control they are probably the best drafts in recent history for the team.

Keep posting brother I love see your new AV.

Eleuin

It's probably the 945th most offensive thing an NFL player has been accused of. Clearly a monster.
it just started over someone saying he's a good role model. I just said if you're looking in this league for role models, you're doing it wrong ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Have you attempted to shove your ass in their faces yet? Sometimes experiencing is believing.

Ask them what they would do if someone did that to them. If they say anything about how it'd be different if it happened to them, or how "well, WE don't deserve it", walk away immediately and never engage with them again
"Locker room antics" "he didn't rape her"

Anyways it my fault for trying to argue this in the first place

gutshot

Yeah, that's generally the point I am making. It's fun to play the Howie blame game, but he was sort of backed into a corner on the Riley Cooper contract. I still just don't understand the Howie Roseman hatred people have. Also, the "not a football guy" argument makes me want to punch people in the head.

I don't get it either. Roseman hasn't even had a chance to prove himself as a full-blown GM where he wasn't saddled with a coach with more personnel power than him (Reid, 2015 Kelly) or one wholly unwilling to work with him (2013-2014 Kelly). We know he is a shrewd manager of the salary cap, we'll see how he does in the draft and FA now that he has near complete control of the talent evaluation process. Good news is it will be hard to do worse than Chip.

ETA: I can't even hold the Marcus Smith pick against him at this point. It's entirely possible Chip was just tanking the dude's career to prove a point. I mean, first game without Chip in charge and he plays the most snaps he's ever played and actually looked pretty decent.

That rumor was already shot down.

Tr1h0Xf.png

kinda weird for schefter to be talking 3 minutes ago about a rumor that supposedly got shot down yesterday, just sayin

Bread

Banned
If the Eagles spent a 2nd round pick on Bradford only to end up with Foles a year later Boban might just die of happiness.

gutshot

Local beats reporting it's not happening. Schefty reporting differently.

We'll see, I guess, but I doubt there is much interest there unless Foles gets cut.

I mean, "expected to inquire" doesn't mean much. Rams definitely don't want him, so maybe they can work something out.

Not tagging Bradford is the bigger story.

Only way I could see it even possibly happen is if they brought back Foles for next to nothing and also drafted a QB to develop, and let Foles start for a year while the other QB redshirts it.

gutshot

@Noah_Becker
Nick Foles being bad on the Rams is proof he will never be good. Sam Bradford being bad on the Rams was a huge selling point last year.

lol

Russel Wilson to Peyton Manning.

From all the wins, to the few tough losses. From the 71,000 yards, to all the touchdowns, to the few interceptions.

From all the meetings, to all the hard practices, to all the film, to all the blood, sweat and tears.

From all the Pro Bowls, to the handful of MVPs, to the two Lombardi trophies. From all the teammates, to all the opponents, to all the fans.

From the blue and white, to the blue and orange …

Sheriff,

If this is it, there’s one moment I won’t forget.

10th grade. Louisiana. At your quarterback camp.

You inspired the kid in the green shirt.

You inspired me to work hard. To be disciplined. To be respectful. To take notes.

You inspired me to love the process. To love the sweat. To love the tears.

But most of all …

You inspired me to love the game.

Thanks, Peyton.

If this is it,

Thanks.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Philly is burning and I couldn't be happier

edit: I hate that I really like Richard Sherman, Marshawn Lynch, and Russell Wilson. Because fuck the Seahawks.

It's a little bit surprising that Bradford isn't getting tagged. It doesn't tell me anything about the Eagles motivations to extend him, but it does tell me about what his market value actually is. This whole season we've heard pundits and cap experts say Bradford is in for a huge payday in the range of $18-20+mm / year. The lack of tag leads me to believe his value isn't close to that. If it was, Howie would just tag + trade him -- Howie's not one to let a deal like that slip through his fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom