• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
CatX6vBWcAAlk3F.jpg:large

Spinluck

Luck still the best young QB in the game. Well Wilson and Luck

I think Luck still has a lot of potential but he has a ton of his game to fix. A few guys passed him this year I think, Russell being one of them.

In retrospect, his great game against Denver looks even better in regards to his future, but at that point I don't think the Denver D was this solidified. That or maybe Luck is plays well enough to win against them.

I'm talking about back in college!

Wasn't discrediting you! I don't follow much college ball at all. But I'm just tired of a lot of people blaming race as the sole reason for most of the hate. No, to me, the guy is a bitch. That's all.

And for what's it worth, Peyton was a total tool for repeating Budweiser a million times after the game. Get the fuck out of here. Just retire and hope nobody really finds out about the HGH sprinkled all over your shitty Papa John's pizza.

Doesn't Peyton winning a ring this year show just how ridiculous it is to measure a QB by his postseason wins and losses? He's the best ever. He changed the QB position and the way the game is played. Every QB is measured against Peyton's work ethic. I love that he won a SB as a game manger. #ringz #winz

Yup, anytime someone starts to bring up wins I just dismiss them entirely

Spinluck

Doesn't Peyton winning a ring this year show just how ridiculous it is to measure a QB by his postseason wins and losses? He's the best ever. He changed the QB position and the way the game is played. Every QB is measured against Peyton's work ethic. I love that he won a SB as a game manger. #ringz #winz

People will just keep moving the goalpost. I'm pretty sure there were fans here saying Peyton wouldn't win a ring after losing to SEA in 2013. I thought the same thing at one point, but now he doesn't deserve them cause he didn't put up these stats in the SB. Yet we cannot use the fact he holds almost every notable static achievement there is to hold at the position as a pro in his favor. Or the fact that he has been to 4 SBs, with two different franchises, twice with each, and had a different HC in each of them. How many guys have done that? In 2009 that was all him that run, along with the pass rush. But you know, onside kicks and taints and all :').

I love how people ignore that Archie has the same look on his face. He just happens to be obscured. Total and complete non-issue that people love to make a story out of.

People really want to believe Eli wanted Pey to lose huh? Lol.

Sure he didn't play well but I doubt we get a bunch of these free agents if it isn't for Peyton coming here. Was a crazy ride but will appreciate the Peyton era here, as maddening it could be at times.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Who's the moron at espin that keeps pushing the Steelers are fucked by the salary cap narrative?

espin too early rankings said:
The Steelers face a major cap crunch, among the worst in the NFL. In short order, they could lose up to six starters in free agency, including a pair of starting offensive linemen, in front of a QB that is too often playing hurt. They might need to be creative just to keep Heath Miller. Heeeeaaatth sounds a little like not very deeeeeep.

Those six starters are: Kelvin Beachum, Ramon Foster, Steve McClendon, Will Allen, Antwon Blake and William Gay.

Would I like some of those guys back? Yes. Foster, McClendon and Gay, specifically. Those guys will be cheap. Beachum is good, but was replaced adequately by Villanueva. Even if all six left, I'd take the deal to get Allen and Blake the fuck out of town.

As I posted previously, Heath is done. The Steelers do need to work something out with Lawrence Timmons to lower his ridiculous $15M cap hit next year. If they can do that, they'll have enough money to sign some depth. The real issue on the horizon is AB and his extremely team friendly contract.

squicken

Chip didn't draft Cooper or give him that extension, but Howie makes it look like he was Chip's guy by cutting him the first day he can

Chip didn't draft Cooper or give him that extension, but Howie makes it look like he was Chip's guy by cutting him the first day he can

I wonder how much of Cooper's contract was because Howie saw the writing on the wall with Chip and DeSean Jackson and was just trying to make sure the team actually had a WR the next season.

bionic77

Who's the moron at espin that keeps pushing the Steelers are fucked by the salary cap narrative?

Those six starters are: Kelvin Beachum, Ramon Foster, Steve McClendon, Will Allen, Antwon Blake and William Gay.

Would I like some of those guys back? Yes. Foster, McClendon and Gay, specifically. Those guys will be cheap. Beachum is good, but was replaced adequately by Villanueva. Even if all six left, I'd take the deal to get Allen and Blake the fuck out of town.

As I posted previously, Heath is done. The Steelers do need to work something out with Lawrence Timmons to lower his ridiculous $15M cap hit next year. If they can do that, they'll have enough money to sign some depth. The real issue on the horizon is AB and his extremely team friendly contract.
I have a solution for AB.

We should hire his fiancé to be in charge of marketing and pay her 15 million a year. Cowboy and Niner accounting!

I wonder how much of Cooper's contract was because Howie saw the writing on the wall with Chip and DeSean Jackson and was just trying to make sure the team actually had a WR the next season.
Doubt it. Howie's big thing is locking up young players to long term contract before they have breakout seasons. Cooper had a decent year and Howie totally panicked since he has no idea how to actually do his job.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I have a solution for AB.

We should hire his fiancé to be in charge of marketing and pay her 15 million a year. Cowboy and Niner accounting!

The Steelers could have AB open a "medical facility" inside Heinz field and have all the players use it. The P*triot way! Also a good way to funnel the players drugs and ped's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom