• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRSA

Banned
Today sucks. I told a patient she was going to be okay after I got her to the cath lab. She died shortly after.....shitty day.

Pepiope

I hate that sports is over until September.
Baseball is upon us!

051515_Franco_600.jpg

Duxxy3

I hate that sports is over until September.

Oh there's plenty to obsess over until then. Free agency. Salary cap. Staff changes. And the big one - the draft.

The biggest gap is between the draft and training camp.

So who is getting Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan. All I can say is that they are 2 great players that just play hard and are crazy underrated. Any team besides AFC West teams.

I put them as two players the Giants need to go after in FA. I think both would be extremely good pick-ups for a team like the Giants that lack DT depth and need a Mike desperately.

Godslay

Banned
A fatass super wet tear just welled up in my eye.

The Broz is a Superbowl winning QB. Joins other greats such as last year's Jimmy Goat, TJack, and Bubby Brister.

A girl told me she can't go out this weekend because she's going to Cleveland all weekend. I'm at an all time low

Tough times don't last though people do.

#Western2020

Starting my presidential campaign early. There has been too much fuckery around here time for a change.

effzee

Maclin was coming off an injury that you can't be sure someone will be the same player after.

Completely based off of rumor and speculation by the media. The only criticism of Howie came from Joe Banner after he got axed, which speaks only to Banner's bitterness and may have had nothing to do with Roseman at all. Who else has complained about Roseman other than media and fans? It's annoyingly speculative to even reiterate this.

Lurie said Roseman was not in charge of the 2010 and 2011 drafts, but that Reid and Banner were still in charge (though I have no idea how true this is), and that means the 2012 draft was his first draft with full control. That was an excellent draft. 2013 was also an excellent draft. In 2014 he was contending with Chip in the draft process, which is clear to be seen by picks like Josh Huff being in there. Yeah, Howie blew it with Marcus Smith for sure. If you're looking at the two years Roseman had exclusive control they are probably the best drafts in recent history for the team.

All we ever have are reports from the media and especially the writers who follow the team. This isn't just 1 writer looking to make a name for himself by throwing shit out there. This is from guys who have followed and reported on the team for decades.

Can't just dismiss the reporting when you don't like what it implies. At this point I'm going to believe the shit about him simply because it was reported before Chip was ever hired. Why would the media even randomly make this up?

That they had to settle on their #4 choice for coach also speaks volumes. Who knows Pederson might turn out to be the best coach ever, with Lurie and Roseman vindicated but judging on past results, it's not encouraging.

Just heard about Wilson's open letter to Manning. If it wasn't possible for me to like the guy more... Really hope the Seahawks can make it back. While I'd love to see Denver go back-to-back, I've got nothing but love for the Seahawks (unless Denver is playing them in the SB, in which case I want revenge).

effzee

I don't get it either. Roseman hasn't even had a chance to prove himself as a full-blown GM where he wasn't saddled with a coach with more personnel power than him (Reid, 2015 Kelly) or one wholly unwilling to work with him (2013-2014 Kelly). We know he is a shrewd manager of the salary cap, we'll see how he does in the draft and FA now that he has near complete control of the talent evaluation process. Good news is it will be hard to do worse than Chip.

ETA: I can't even hold the Marcus Smith pick against him at this point. It's entirely possible Chip was just tanking the dude's career to prove a point. I mean, first game without Chip in charge and he plays the most snaps he's ever played and actually looked pretty decent.

LOL you don't even hold that horrible pick against him? Chip was coaching to win and rightfully played guys like Graham and Barwin over Smith. Smith flashed in a meaningless game in week 17? Oh wow let's shrine him!

Hicks was a Chip pick and he looked amazing. Rowe is going to be a quality starting CB. And if Agholor plays up to his potential this past draft is going to be awesome as well. So let's not also just dismiss Chip cause he made the gambles he made. If Chip's FA pick ups were, Howie should also be held accountable for the Dream Team fiasco.

Eleuin

Russell's letter sucks. If you're going to pull a publicity stunt like that at least don't half ass it. He could have conveyed the entire meaning in a text message but instead went for the open letter approach. Can't imagine why...
its a Seattle thing, see rapper Macklemore after he won a Grammy over Kendrick Lamar

All we ever have are reports from the media and especially the writers who follow the team. This isn't just 1 writer looking to make a name for himself by throwing shit out there. This is from guys who have followed and reported on the team for decades.

Can't just dismiss the reporting when you don't like what it implies. At this point I'm going to believe the shit about him simply because it was reported before Chip was ever hired. Why would the media even randomly make this up?

Not to be that guy, but can you find me all these independent reports of Howie being a douche? Because it really seems like it all comes from Jason LaCanfora's original report calling Howie a "snake" etc + Louis Riddick's public salt after Howie pushed his ass out the door (he didn't find another NFL job). The way the Philly media works, once you have one report everything spirals out of control and becomes fact. See: the Mariota trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom