• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
Kubes loves OD too much. But I know Brock has more familiarity with Virgil Green.
Hard to say with Heurerman, because he was just depth insurance at the TE spot.
So are we letting Ronnie walk and keeping CJ. CJ Anderson ran his heart out last game, he was seeing the holes well and broke that Luke Kuechly tackle that is an accomplishment in itself.

They had pretty big plans for Heurerman, at least on paper. VD will likely be gone, so it should be OD, Green, and let's call him Heu or something so I don't have to type it out everytime lol.

CJ had a great game. VD laid a massive block for him, so in my mind he earned his ring. He's restricted so he should definitely be back. I would love to see him with a good OL, healthy, and 2nd year in scheme. Could be good. I do wonder about Ronnie, but he's probably as good as gone.

bionic77

In retrospect, Ben passing all over the Broncos compared to how they embarrassed the fuck out of Cam and Tammy makes him look that much more impressive in comparison.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Had a feeling that it would happen post-Superb Owl. Terry Foster, formerly of the Detroit News and now of 97.1 The Ticket, reported earlier today that Megatron is all but decided about his retirement and that it will happen this week.

VNIgiKT.gif

Figured it was probably going to happen. The toll the game takes on the body and mind has probably taken its toll on Calvin Johnson like it has for all football players. Particularly Megatron considering his size and speed.

Patrick Willis, Marshawn Lynch, Calvin Johnson...NFL fans have to start getting used to great players retiring young considering the knowledge we now have about the game that we didn't even have 7 years ago.

I think the Lions are making the playoffs, with or without Megatron, but if he feels in his heart and mind he does not want to play for the well being of his health it's for the best.

Thanks for all the memories Calvin, I personally look forward to him being an ambassador for the Lions like Barry Sanders was.

Looking back at the last game against the Bears, the pictures with Stafford and Calvin, how Calvin held onto the game ball it was going to be his last game.

I've tried to hold on hope we could convince him to play one more year but it's probably not happening.

Marshawn Lynch, Patrick Willis and Calvin Johnson are all from the Class of 2007 draft class.

Western is president?

Nobody's family trees are safe

Or drivers on a friday night

Your pathetic attempt to ruin my campaign will be in vain. Not only will I be president but will be the very best. It will be like when China had the Tang dynasty. I will bring prosperity to all that deserves it and those who are not worthy will be on the outside looking in at the glorious utopia I have created.

#MakeGAFGreatAgain

Yabo

Banned
Guys, should I buy a new 3ds xl? I sold my 3ds last summer because I thought I was done with it, but I kind of want to play some Pokemons and that new Mario Paper Jam RPG.

Also Chrono Trigger DS is sitting on my shelf unopened, but I've beat it on SNES a long time ago

bionic77

I think a healthy Ben has the best arm in the NFL.
Aaron Rodgers just completed 2 of the all time greatest throws in the history of the game back to back in a playoff game. Two throws I don't think anyone else who has ever played could make.

Rodgers is still the king in terms of talent.

I don't know if he is as tough/stupid as Ben, but I won't argue he has the best arm in the game. Maybe of all time.

squicken

Both cops that were injured (allegedly) by McCoy were black, and one once rescued several people from a burning building. I don't think Shady is ever playing football again

Yabo

Banned
Aaron Rodgers just completed 2 of the all time greatest throws in the history of the game back to back in a playoff game. Two throws I don't think anyone else who has ever played could make.

Rodgers is still the king in terms of talent.

I don't know if he is as tough/stupid as Ben, but I won't argue he has the best arm in the game. Maybe of all time.

Rodgers is very accurate, but this season showed his arm isn't that great.

And I assume one of those catches is the AZ game? Which was a bomb, but I'm positive Ben could do that.

bionic77

Brady was the only one to throw for a td against the Broncos
Ben was playing with a gimp offense on the road and was moving the ball all game. Brady had all his weapon and threw the ball about 500 times. He was also protected by the refs when they swallowed their whistles and a gallon of Kraft semen when they missed 5 million grounding calls.

And the TD drive was a total fluke. They were just throwing it up for grabs on 4th down. Gronk came down with it 2 out of 3 times.

Pats fans also said that Tom could make the throws Rodgers did in the Green Bay game. You guys are disqualified from sports. All sports, not just football.

bionic77

Rodgers is very accurate, but this season showed his arm isn't that great.

And I assume one of those catches is the AZ game? Which was a bomb, but I'm positive Ben could do that.
Ben could not do what Rodgers did in the Cardinals game.

I don't think anyone I have ever seen watching football could do that. That was so amazing that if you saw it in Madden you would go on the internet to complain about how unrealistic the game was.

I say this as a Steelers fan.

Ben was playing with a gimp offense on the road and was moving the ball all game. Brady had all his weapon and threw the ball about 500 times. He was also protected by the refs when they swallowed their whistles and a gallon of Kraft semen when they missed 5 million grounding calls.

And the TD drive was a total fluke. They were just throwing it up for grabs on 4th down. Gronk came down with it 2 out of 3 times.

Pats fans also said that Tom could make the throws Rodgers did in the Green Bay game. You guys are disqualified from sports. All sports, not just football.
They were a missed extra point from having a tied game.

Draxal

As a Giants fan I really don't know how to analyze Eli's career.

He's had some very good receivers but usually never more than one of them at a time (Toomer, Plax, SSmith, Nicks, Cruz, Beckham Jr).

Huffnagle the first oc was a disaster that ruined Warner and Manning was a disaster his first couple of years.

Gilbride was good when blessed with a great offensive line, but couldn't work with a bad line.

McAdoo is really good, but this team has no skill players other than ODB (who is easily the best wr the giants ever had), so the numbers without ODB ... weren't good.

squicken

In retrospect, Ben passing all over the Broncos compared to how they embarrassed the fuck out of Cam and Tammy makes him look that much more impressive in comparison.

The guy who gets the big bump is Luck, who took all the hits that Cam and Brady wilted from, only he was awesome, and did it with a bleeding kidney

eznark

Banned
TimelySorrowfulAfricanelephant.gif

Moving target.

Rodgers was about 70 yds, Ben's was about 65.

Only big difference is Rodgers was a playoff game.

And the fact that Ben was able to step into his throw while standing up. So...pretty much everything.

But I'm not even arguing Ben against Rodgers. You claim Rodgers has a mediocre arm. So...you should probably find some gifs of 20 active QB's making those throws.

bionic77

Brady can throw it all over the steelers though
The Steelers are weak against cheating.

It is known.

Ben threw to a wide open guy dude. I am not shitting on Ben but no one has ever made the throws Rodgers made. He was falling backwards on the hail mary and he threw it ridiculous hang time. Find some other GIFs to prove me wrong. But you won't because it never happened.

bionic77

There is no doubting Godgers arm.
That was not just his arm.

That was the most perfect technique I have ever seen. The skill required on that throw is ridiculous. He uses like every part of his body to make those throws.

If you are just look at pure arm strength Ben and probably some other guys can probably muscle it more than Rodgers. But who cares? Rodgers' skill is so high that he can deliver it just as far, just as fast and with insane accuracy.

Lets change the subject. I don't want to say anything good about Rodgers anymore. I feel really dirty now...

WedgeX

Banned
Also I am super pissed that Minus decided to up and decide they would no longer exist as a website. The last place I'd stored the "Megatron beating the Madden curse" images was there.Got dang it.

Your pathetic attempt to ruin my campaign will be in vain. Not only will I be president but will be the very best. It will be like when China had the Tang dynasty. I will bring prosperity to all that deserves it and those who are not worthy will be on the outside looking in at the glorious utopia I have created.

#MakeGAFGreatAgain
Let's be honest, your dynasty is going to be more like the Sui Dynasty.

It ends when Grova comes back

if by some miracle Matt Stafford were to lead the Lions to a Super Bowl title next season do you think Kas would survive it?
We'd all be dead Scooter..

That was not just his arm.

That was the most perfect technique I have ever seen. The skill required on that throw is ridiculous. He uses like every part of his body to make those throws.

If you are just look at pure arm strength Ben and probably some other guys can probably muscle it more than Rodgers. But who cares? Rodgers' skill is so high that he can deliver it just as far, just as fast and with insane accuracy.

Lets change the subject. I don't want to say anything good about Rodgers anymore. I feel really dirty now...

True, I was at that game and that pass made me wanna puke.

bionic77

Is there any way Tom Brady or Peyton Manning could ever get above the rim without a ladder? Can either one do more than 2 pull ups?

How can you be so slow and unathletic in modern sports?

Line_HTX

D-Ware ‏@DeMarcusWare 38m38 minutes ago

Good times with @jimmykimmel. Thanks for having me bro. #DAB #SB50

CavWPlZXEAAOUCM.jpg:large

Can we officially RETIRE the dab now?

bionic77

Can you do one pull up?
Before my kids were born I could do about 50 reverse grip pull ups, a few one handed reverse grip pull ups and probably around 30 regular pull ups.

The day I was done taking the bar examination I jumped up and ripped down the rim at my parents house. The rim was installed by a moron was more than 11 feet high.

Today I could easily do any grip pull ups other than with one arm probably. I am not coming close to my numbers pre-kids though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom