• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.
aIWz8Gy.gif

Just heard Cam's response to everyone criticizing his press conference. That's some real as shit and he's right. He's not anyone else but him so why should he be like everyone else.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Former greats still waiting to see more out of Lions QB Matthew Stafford

SAN FRANCISCO — Steve Young says he sees a lot of himself in Matthew Stafford, which sounds like a really good thing for the Detroit Lions.

Young, after all, has a ring on his finger and a plaque in Canton.

But the 49ers legend wasn't exactly talking about Stafford's quarterbacking, so much as he was talking about Stafford's fashion sense. Or lack thereof.

The pair originally met while doing a Van Heusen commercial with Jerry Rice a few years ago.

"I used to wear sweatpants and whatever was on top of the T-shirt pile," Young said last week at Super Bowl 50 in San Francisco. "Like, it was a joke. I combed my hair with a pork chop. I mean, it was rough

"Matthew shows up to do the Van Heusen stuff, and I'm like, 'Oh my gosh, I'm seeing myself again.' He's got the Highland High sweats from back in the day — where he went to high school. He's got the T-shirt. I'm like, 'Top of the pile?' And he's like, 'Yeah, top of the pile.'

Stafford has had a monster arm ever since those days at Highland Park High School, where he became the nation's No. 1 QB recruit in 2006. He eventually went No. 1 overall to the Lions in the 2009 draft.

Since then, everyone's been waiting around for Stafford to put all those elite tools together. And seven years later, he's managed to do it only in spurts.

He's one of just five quarterbacks to ever have 5,000 passing yards in a season (2011), and was the fastest ever to 20,000 yards. In the second half of last season, he had 19 touchdowns against just two interceptions while completing 70 percent of his attempts

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...tthew_stafford.html#incart_river_mobile_index

More at the link with Steve Young and Kurt Warner analysis.

stafford-van-heusen-ad-2.png

Furyous

I'd bury my face in that the way Matt Stafford buries his face in an order of nachos bell grande.

Ewwwwww...

Some people take the Doctor in the Authority literally spending days "having fun" without eating or sleeping. Not me of course as I am wholesome and peaceful.

So because Fatford dresses like a fat slob still in college and Steve Young did, too, the Lions are going to the Super Bowl?

:jnc :kas

After so much failure he has to keep digging even further to push his agenda.

I have an American passport though. So not even Trump can stop me, biiiiiiiiitch

I have friends in immigration...I can have you banned for life but I won't....for now.

Line_HTX

Just heard Cam's response to everyone criticizing his press conference. That's some real as shit and he's right. He's not anyone else but him so why should he be like everyone else.

I appreciate his honesty in admitting to being a sore loser. Keep the real ass shit going because I know he'll be back with a vengeance next season.

Hindl

Former greats still waiting to see more out of Lions QB Matthew Stafford

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...tthew_stafford.html#incart_river_mobile_index

More at the link with Steve Young and Kurt Warner analysis.

stafford-van-heusen-ad-2.png

That's some real selective quoting:

But he also had 11 interceptions during the first half of the season, has finished better than 18th in accuracy just twice, and has guided Detroit to only two winning seasons.

Kurt Warner, a former league MVP and Super Bowl champion at the position, has been one of Stafford's more noted critics the past few years. He's been especially hard on the quarterback for his erratic technique.

Even his kids have piled on.

"My kids are at home, and they'll throw it side-arm and underhand and (say), like, 'Stafford!'" Warner said.

If there's been one knock on Stafford more than any other, it has been the consistency of his technique. And Warner says that's one of the biggest reasons why he can look so good in one game, or one month, and so bad in the next.

He was terrific in the final eight games after Jim Bob Cooter was promoted to offensive coordinator. But one must wonder, after all his ups and downs, whether this up is for real. Or if the next down is just a game away.

I'm going to invade Boston to have tea parties with Bread, Sanjuro, Actstriker, Jbug, Collosante, Jon when he comes down from Maine, Gata when alligators are allowed to fly and Squicken.

ALL THE PATS FAAANS!

How dare you insult brother squicken like that. He loves America and hates the Pats like the rest of us.

Vikings-GAF's (So... Slo?) time to shine

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com...nted-vikings-bad-guys-packers-movie/79998940/

The filmmakers behind “The Sixty Yard Line” have a favor to ask, and it’s a prickly, purple one.

They’re looking for Minnesota Vikings fans to be in their Green Bay Packers romantic comedy.

“Every good movie has bad guys, so we’re looking for Vikings fans,” said Ryan Churchill, co-writer and co-producer of the independent film. “We know that it’s a big ask. We know that it may not go over well. But we have to have a little bit of a bad guy scene.”

Needed are four or five “true Vikings fans or Favre/Vikings fans” with the appropriate gear to portray a family or group of fans who traveled to Lambeau Field for an away game. They’ll be on set for one day of filming next week, and Churchill promises no Vikings fans will be harmed in the making of the movie.

How dare you insult brother squicken like that. He loves America and hates the Pats like the rest of us.

Squicken loves all.

Kiss your passport goodbye,

Pls friend. How can we hang out in LA of you hurt me like this :(((((

My girlfriend and I are currently trying to move and one of the places we have picked out is Kentucky....

RIP?

You're moving in already? Aren't you guys together for like 6 months.

Wienku-San, be smart.

My girlfriend and I are currently trying to move and one of the places we have picked out is Kentucky....

RIP?
Well.. You can go get Kentucky Fried and maybe a Louisville slugger to fight off people you may recognize from deliverance.

Also I guess watch Louisville vs Kentucky basketball.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
St. Louis, Cincinnati, Nashville, and Louisville are the choices. Her family lives in Owensboro and she wants to be close.

I have no ties to Texas and I'm looking to move away anyway.

I'd prefer Cincinnati or St. Louis personally but we'll see.

WedgeX

Banned
St. Louis, Cincinnati, Nashville, and Louisville are the choices. Her family lives in Owensboro and she wants to be close.

Nashville has been cool to visit a few times, Vanderbilt in particular...but that was just visiting.

Good luck on the choices!

rando14

St Louis and Cincy are lame, never been to Louisville but I heard it's pretty solid

Go to Nashville, Weinku!! Great nightlife, food, AND you can go see My Titans!!

That's a bit too far. Trying to keep it around 3 hours.

We've already ruled out Indianapolis because I don't want to live in a corn field.
I just read you wanna go to Louisville.. That's not a horrible option. The bright lights keep the evil away.

That's a bit too far. Trying to keep it around 3 hours.

We've already ruled out Indianapolis because I don't want to live in a corn field.
But.. You get to be closer to the university of Toledo? Your favorite university.

And see one of the best college football teams

Been living here for a bit already! It's been awesome. Olds move faster.

You gonna make her pregnant? Have you put a finger in her butt yet?

We have a cap on Pat fans...we'll have to send one to Europe to make it even.

What about forcing Tabris to stay in Thailand?

Or move to Dutchland!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You really moving out of Houston, huh?

Eventually...

As y'all know, I'm unemployed so the sooner we get out the better since the economy here is going down the shitter. Working on my CPA right now so hopefully by the time I'm done, she'll have a job somewhere and I can start applying.

You gonna make her pregnant? Have you put a finger in her butt yet?

What about forcing Tabris to stay in Thailand?

Or move to Dutchland!

Eventually.

No.

Europe would be great but it's hard as fuck to move there.

You really moving out of Houston, huh?

Everyone wants to get away from you.

Eventually...

As y'all know, I'm unemployed so the sooner we get out the better since the economy here is going down the shitter. Working on my CPA right now so hopefully by the time I'm done, she'll have a job somewhere and I can start applying.

Eventually.

No.

Europe would be great but it's hard as fuck to move there.

Move to Seattle. Our economy is booming! And we have the SEAHAWKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom