• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.
jnSQuAf.jpg

Got the sudden urge to play hot shots golf,

MRSA

Banned
I don't think I saw it posted earlier, but the Raiders released Nate Allen. This saves 5 million in cap ($4.9m base, $100k workout bonus).

Lofton is next to go. I wonder what that means for TJ Carrie, I know it's early but would he be starting FS or stick to CB? I'd make a run at both Michael Griffin and Eric Weddle.

minx

I don't think I saw it posted earlier, but the Raiders released Nate Allen. This saves 5 million in cap ($4.9m base, $100k workout bonus).

Too bad nobody wants to play for the Raiders without getting paid millions more than they are worth. It's kinda sad. Could be a really good team if players went their for their actual market price.

MRSA

Banned
Too bad nobody wants to play for the Raiders without getting paid millions more than they are worth. It's kinda sad. Could be a really good team if players went their for their actual market price.

.......wat

I'm just gonna go with you being a Gata alt

Raiders could be a destination spot once they figure out their stadium situation. But this team is young as fuck, 16 starters retained for 2016, with FA and draft they can be a 10-6 team easily.

They can easily sign Malik Jackson, Mo Wilkerson, Danny Trevathan, Eric Weddle, Jeremy Lane, Sean Smith, Bruce Irvin, or Michael Griffin to team friendly contracts (Actually probably all of them if they really wanted to).

I'll wear only a pride flag (and as a towel for my waist) and twerk from Michigan to Russia and back in celebration if the Ravens win the next Super Bowl #CantBanThisGay

minx

.......wat

I'm just gonna go with you being a Gata alt

Raiders could be a destination spot once they figure out their stadium situation. But this team is young as fuck, 16 starters retained for 2016, with FA and draft they can be a 10-6 team easily.

They can easily sign Malik Jackson, Mo Wilkerson, Danny Trevathan, Eric Weddle, Jeremy Lane, Sean Smith, Bruce Irvin, or Michael Griffin to team friendly contracts (Actually probably all of them if they really wanted to).

You are one to talk about ALTs....

Raiders are notorious for overpaying average FA players because no one wants to play for them. This is common knowledge. I stated that things might finally being turning around for the team and you go and get all butt hurt.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...oakland-raiders-least-desirable-team-play-for

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/write...pend-but-cant-get-anybody-to-take-their-money

bionic77

Golf takes too long.

I was nowhere near single handicap but I got to the 80s the year I blew out my ACL. Stopped playing golf once I could get back to ballin. I think I am probably going to go back to tennis before golf when my knees fail.

I will say it is a great sport for your kids to learn. It's the one sport I have seen get people things or help careers as they get older. I don't get shit playing basketball! My brother in law is ridiculous at golf and has friends who own houses on Jupiter island and wins shit in tournaments etc.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
PhoenixDark made MLive's weekly/bi-weekly Detroit Lions talk discussing the state of the team etc. Was just browsing right now and noticed his avatar and name:

@realPhoenixDark: this is a deep DT draft, so you think that will result in Lions going elsewhere in first round? OT perhaps

Justin Rogers: No, I don't anticipate the overall depth of the position group to impact how the Lions approach the first round. While it's a deep DT class, the difference in talent and scheme fit of a first-round option could be significant compared to the options further down the board. Plus, if you pass up quality talent early, based on flawed logic, you're rolling the dice with how the board will break. Don't over-complicate things, grab the best player at position of need, especially early.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...witter_talk_26.html#incart_river_mobile_index

I agree with the Justin Rogers on just grabbing the best player available. Reaching for an OT just for the sake of reaching for an OT would be terrible, IMO. This draft is stacked at DT. Get an OT through free agency and draft one in the later rounds.

Still a lot of homework to do but I'm really liking Sheldon Rankins DT -Louisville. Some mock drafts have him going anywhere from 10-#26 to Seattle. Just the brief film I've seen on him shows a quick, fast and strong defensive tackle who uses his body leverage.

6'2 287 lbs going to wait for more combine stats but the highlights show his natural strength and speed.

MLive's writers also bring up the possibility of drafting LaQuan Treadmill if he falls to #16 like some mock drafts are showing. If/when Megatron retires I think we have to look at him.

Also looks like we're probably staying with Riley Reiff at LT which is fine but we will look at solidifying RT through free agency. One possible option is Mitchell Schwartz from Cleveland.

Biggest question mark by far with the offensive line will be 2014 3rd rounder from Arkansas, Travis Swanson, who had a horrible year and had offseason shoulder surgery. His bad year was probably due to his shoulder injury which he got midway through the year and played through but I'm still not sold on him being the anchor of the offensive line just yet.

PhoenixDark made MLive's weekly/bi-weekly Detroit Lions talk discussing the state of the team etc. Was just browsing right now and noticed his avatar and name:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...witter_talk_26.html#incart_river_mobile_index

I agree with the Justin Rogers on just grabbing the best player available. Reaching for an OT just for the sake of reaching for an OT would be terrible, IMO. This draft is stacked at DT. Get an OT through free agency and draft one in the later rounds.

Still a lot of homework to do but I'm really liking Sheldon Rankins DT -Louisville. Some mock drafts have him going anywhere from 10-#26 to Seattle. Just the brief film I've seen on him shows a quick, fast and strong defensive tackle who uses his body leverage.

6'2 287 lbs going to wait for more combine stats but the highlights show his natural strength and speed.

MLive's writers also bring up the possibility of drafting LaQuan Treadmill if he falls to #16 like some mock drafts are showing. If/when Megatron retires I think we have to look at him.

Also looks like we're probably staying with Riley Reiff at LT which is fine but we will look at solidifying RT through free agency. One possible option is Mitchell Schwartz from Cleveland.

Biggest question mark by far with the offensive line will be 2014 3rd rounder from Arkansas, Travis Swanson, who had a horrible year and had offseason shoulder surgery. His bad year was probably due to his shoulder injury which he got midway through the year and played through but I'm still not sold on him being the anchor of the offensive line just yet.
jnc at the guy who asked if we should go after Riley Cooper

bionic77

Bionic, can you tell me the story about your sick basketball skills and your torn ACL again?

I feel like I've never heard it before.
The moral of the story was that golf sucks but it's a good sport for kids to learn if you intend them to be something more than a laborer.

You are portably sick of me saying the Pats are cheating cunts too but I won't stop saying that either!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
jnc at the guy who asked if we should go after Riley Cooper

:jnc I was laughing at that too. No way we go after him after his garbage season, especially with some solid talent being available through free agency at WR.

Bears are almost assuredly going to franchise tag Alshon Jeffery so he won't be available.

eznark

Banned
The moral of the story was that golf sucks but it's a good sport for kids to learn if you intend them to be something more than a laborer.

You are portably sick of me saying the Pats are cheating cunts too but I won't stop saying that either!

Golf is far and away the best sport to teach your kids. I've been golfing with my dad since I was 5, so 30 years. I've started my kids at 3 and 5. That's a whole lot of quality time doing something that doesn't totally suck like coloring or playing tea party.

The world needs ditch diggers though, so I am glad millenials aren't into it. Someone needs to clean the carts at the club.

Pepiope

:jnc I was laughing at that too. No way we go after him after his garbage season, especially with some solid talent being available through free agency at WR.

Bears are almost assuredly going to franchise tag Alshon Jeffery so he won't be available.
Cooper is a perfect fit in Detriot.

bionic77

Golf is far and away the best sport to teach your kids. I've been golfing with my dad since I was 5, so 30 years. I've started my kids at 3 and 5. That's a whole lot of quality time doing something that doesn't totally suck like coloring or playing tea party.

The world needs ditch diggers though, so I am glad millenials aren't into it. Someone needs to clean the carts at the club.
My kids are turning 5 but it is hard to even get them to hold the club properly.

What do you have your kids doing?

My son is already way more into basketball and my daughter is into soccer. They just copy what they see other people do and do a decent job at it. Trying to teach them the fundamentals of golf but failing. Eventually I want them to learn from a pro how to hit the ball but so far they are only into mini golf (which they already like to cheat at if I don't stop them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom