• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
My kids are turning 5 but it is hard to even get them to hold the club properly.

What do you have your kids doing?

My son is already way more into basketball and my daughter is into soccer. They just copy what they see other people do and do a decent job at it. Trying to teach them the fundamentals of golf but failing. Eventually I want them to learn from a pro how to hit the ball but so far they are only into mini golf (which they already like to cheat at if I don't stop them).

Putting and driving, mostly. Figuring out the proper way to stand and grip. I'm not too worried about their swings at this point, just making sure they understand how to address the ball and hold a club. Also etiquette stuff like being quiet, where to stand, how to tend the pin, etc.

Right now they hate going to the range but the great thing about private clubs is that we can just sit on the 18th green and go over this shit as long as we want and no one says boo except "do your kids need another pink lemonade"

My kids are turning 5 but it is hard to even get them to hold the club properly.

My son is already way more into basketball and my daughter is into soccer. They just copy what they see other people do and do a decent job at it. Trying to teach them the fundamentals of golf but failing. Eventually I want them to learn from a pro how to hit the ball but so far they are only into mini golf (which they already like to cheat at if I don't stop them).
You better nip that in the bud fast or the next thing you know you have two Pats fans on your hands.

I'm great at soccer and golf. Let me teach your kids.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I really don't care for golf.

I'm smart enough to never verbalize that in the workplace and always go golfing when your coworkers are going though. There are worse things I suppose. I'm not very good at it but that doesn't seem to matter too much.

Skip actually brought up pretty interesting point. People Criticize Cam for how he handled that press conference however Spurs coach Greg Popovich does way worse on a routinely basis. I know it's Skip and all though but still.

Line_HTX

No one gives a fuck about basketball though

Right now no one SHOULD give a fuck because of the constant "Hack-a-whoever" outside of the final 2 minutes of the 4th quarter.

That shit should be banned for making games longer than they should. I hope the ratings fall some more because of the increase of the hacks.

It's funny cause as much as I'm gonna miss football at least my Sundays are gonna be free.

I can finally watch FGC tournament finals day again now that football is over.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Basketball culture seems a little different than what people expect out of MVP quarterbacks.

Actually coaches getting pissed off at the media is a time honored tradition that gives us Coors Light commercials.

Tom Penny

Right now no one SHOULD give a fuck because of the constant "Hack-a-whoever" outside of the final 2 minutes of the 4th quarter.

That shit should be banned for making games longer than they should. I hope the ratings fall some more because of the increase of the hacks.

Ir.
They should definitely change the rule for the 3 clownshoes players in the entire NBA that it gets used on.

But seriously though fuck baseball culture in the ass in Michigan

That's illegal in Michigan though

I'd play a round of golf with you.

tumblr_kxnmc3Nytx1qa49jco1_400.gif

I don't let my kids play with snakes.

It never ends well...

But you're a lawyer, you don't play with your own kids?

MechDX

Andy Dalton ‏@andydalton14 3h3 hours ago
If anybody in DFW traveling from 75-635 towards the airport finds 2 black suitcases on the road please contact me. Fell out bed of our truck

Why did I laugh when I read this?

BigAT

Skip actually brought up pretty interesting point. People Criticize Cam for how he handled that press conference however Spurs coach Greg Popovich does way worse on a routinely basis. I know it's Skip and all though but still.

I don't recall Pop dancing and playing to the camera every time the Spurs win a game. He's certainly a cunt to the media, but he's consistent about it. He doesn't turn into a whiny bitch only if San Antonio loses.

Giants:

Jordan Raanan ‏@JordanRaanan 11s11 seconds ago
The #Giants releasing OL Geoff Schwartz, per source (as @DanGrazianoESPN reported).

First of many. Good player when healthy. He was just never healthy.

...and.

Dan GrazianoVerified account
‏@DanGrazianoESPN
Sources also say the Giants are releasing LB Jon Beason today. Beason and Schwartz were 2 of team's big 2014 free-agent signings.

Jon Beason

48520b5f335a582f1f2b23aad3962af2e34e1c27c20763931391c85114f9a4df.jpg

Looks like he got Bob Sanders'd. Could never quite get healthy again.

Both he and Schwartz, really. Quality players when they were on the field. We got barely anything out of either production wise because they could never get on the field. Had to happen.

Why?

Dan Graziano ‏@DanGrazianoESPN 51s52 seconds ago
Beason release saves Giants $6 million in cap space. Schwartz release saves $3 million.

Curious to see what happens with Will Beatty and Victor Cruz. I think Cruz takes the pay cut and stays with the Giants. He wants to prove himself on the field and he knows his marketability is tied to NY. Beatty is a more interesting question. If the Giants get him to take a paycut - we're set at RT as long as he can stay healthy. Will he do that though? My guess is he wants to play the LT market and he gets cut. The Giants aren't paying him LT money to play RT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom