• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinluck

Meh, ignorant Super Bowl viewers and people with selective memory will continue to tow this line, but he played fine. Over 300 yards of total offense, which was most of the team's production, and under the worst possible circumstances. Even an average performance from his receivers and running backs would have changed the final outcome.

lol

I'm not putting all the blame on Cam but you think that was a fine game from him?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
The NFC South is weird though. Who fucking knows about any of those teams. The Falcons seem, on paper, the weakest, but they have a good offensive core. You can't just count out Brees and Winston looked great for a rookie. Carolina is going to naturally bleed off a lot of talent and a lot of veteran depth. I'd still pick them for at the very least a wild card, but the NFC South is the most unpredictable division in the NFL.

Bowser

The NFC South is weird though. Who fucking knows about any of those teams. The Falcons seem, on paper, the weakest, but they have a good offensive core. You can't just count out Brees and Winston looked great for a rookie. Carolina is going to naturally bleed off a lot of talent and a lot of veteran depth. I'd still pick them for at the very least a wild card, but the NFC South is the most unpredictable division in the NFL.

Panthers are actually in pretty good shape. Only pressing FA is Josh Norman who at worst will be franchised. After that, our biggest FA is...Mike Tolbert? Roman Harper? Mike Remmers? Joe Webb? No one that would either break the bank or hurt all that much if we lost.

Cap wise, we've got about $18m in space and open up another $8.5m by cutting Jared Allen. We can add an additional $11m if we cut Charles Johnson, although I think what's more likely is we'll convert his base to a signing bonus and spread the hit over a short-term extension (possibly with a voidable year or two). So we're likely looking at upwards of $15m in cap room once Norman is tagged.

Not to mention we add a first round WR back to the fold. Getts has this team set up for sustained success.

WanderingWind

Glad I didn't leave either. If we are being honest, I was being a little bitch. I think parathyroid disorders can make a person irritable. Sorry MRSA you are a good dude.

Well, let's not go too far. MRSA is a lot of things. A drunk, a pill popper, a danger to pedestrians. A good dude, he is not.

WanderingWind

Panthers are actually in pretty good shape. Only pressing FA is Josh Norman who at worst will be franchised. After that, our biggest FA is...Mike Tolbert? Roman Harper? Mike Remmers? Joe Webb? No one that would either break the bank or hurt all that much if we lost.

Cap wise, we've got about $18m in space and open up another $8.5m by cutting Jared Allen. We can add an additional $11m if we cut Charles Johnson, although I think what's more likely is we'll convert his base to a signing bonus and spread the hit over a short-term extension (possibly with a voidable year or two). So we're likely looking at upwards of $15m in cap room once Norman is tagged.

Not to mention we add a first round WR back to the fold. Getts has this team set up for sustained success.

Yeah, fair enough. You would know your team better than I. Still, I do understand the vagrancies of the NFC South. I think Carolina will make it back, but I wouldn't be necessarily surprised if they don't.

Farooq

Banned
Just learned that the Cowboys don't put a draft board together until a month before the draft. So Tony Pauline's report of the Ramsey being the top player on the Cowboys board was false. They might still think highly of Ramsey though.

Tom Penny

Do the missions start to get more varied in Phantom pain? Its fun but extracting people sheep and documents Is very samey. Granted im very early in.

Do the missions start to get more varied in Phantom pain? Its fun but extracting people sheep and documents Is very samey. Granted im very early in.

Yes and no. There's definitely some missions that feel like an extra 20 minutes of padding, but there's also some really cool stuff sprinkled throughout. Mission design is very hit or miss.

Basically, there's more mission types than just extracting, but you'll still run into some extracting missions throughout the game.

Spinluck

It gets better but not by too much, you'll be extracting the entire game. The game does go through the same cycle of missions though, gets better as you unlock more gear.

I saw that, thinking about buying. But Divinity is the same price, and ppl are saying that's good too. Gonna do alittle research before I grab one

Divinity is neat, but me and my brother started it and have no idea what the fuck you do. The game is really open.

RBH

Mark Davis implies that the Oakland A's are impeding progress towards building a new stadium:

The Raiders agreed to a one-year lease extension with O.co Coliseum, a pact that keeps them in Oakland for the 2016 season at least. A press conference was held to announce this long-expected agreement, and both Raiders owner Mark Davis and public officials made it perfectly clear that at times disgruntled factions share a common goal of keeping the Raiders in the East Bay.

It created a positive vibe, as principal players discussed optimism for the future and the dream of building a new football stadium on the O.co Coliseum site. Then, as proceedings wound down, Davis put the Oakland A’s in the crosshairs. He said, in no uncertain terms, that the Athletics are impeding real stadium progress in Oakland.

The A’s and Raiders currently share O.co Coliseum, and disparate interests have created roadblocks toward new stadiums for either team.

“There’s an elephant in the room, and that’s the Oakland A’s,” Davis said after Thursday’s press conference. “They have to make a commitment to what they want to do.”

The Athletics signed a 10-year lease extension with the existing O.co Coliseum in 2014, an agreement Davis says has hurt development prospects on the Coliseum site. Davis wants the A's to state their long-term plans for a new ballpark, and where that will be. Until they do, Davis says everyone is stuck in neutral.

“That’s the problem. They signed a 10-year lease while we were negotiating with Oakland officials), and it kind of put somebody right in the middle of things,” Davis said. “There isn’t much you can do. They’ve tied our hands behind our back.

“Now it’s up to the A’s to make a declaration of what they want to do. If they don’t do that, I don’t see how we can make a deal.”

Davis hopes the A’s and Raiders can work together under his vision for the Coliseum site. The Athletics prefer to play at O.co Coliseum and build a ballpark next to it. The Raiders want to tear down the aging sports venue, play off site and return to a newly minted site that features a football stadium and a new ballpark.

“We like the game day experience of tailgating on that parking lot. We don’t want to give that up,” Davis said. “People have not listened when I’ve said that I don’t mind building two stadiums on that site. The A’s stadium would take about 12 acres, and a Raiders stadium would take 15-17 acres. That’s fine with me, but I don’t want to give up the parking.”

Davis also doesn’t want to play under endless construction.

“What I do not want to do,” Davis said, “is build a football stadium in a corner of a parking lot while the Oakland Coliseum is still standing and, once we have a brand new venue, we begin to tear down the old stadium and build a new ballpark, disrupting the ingress, egress, parking and tailgating experience for Raiders fans on game day.”

The Athletics were called an impediment to progress on Thursday, but they aren’t the only issue facing Oakland and the Raiders and progress toward a new football stadium.

A funding gap remains. The Raiders can bring $600 million to the table, with $200 million from an NFL G4 loan and another $100 million given by the league after the Silver and Black withdrew from L.A. relocation in 2016. A new football stadium could cost $1 billion.

Oakland mayor Libby Schaaf won’t use tax dollars for stadium construction. The city and team have been at odds over control of the 120-acre Coliseum site. Davis wants final say in land use, in order to preserve the Raiders game-day experience he considers vital to his franchise and future home. That hasn’t been given by the city, and has been a sticking point in recent talks.

“As far as control of that land, whether it’s a long-term lease or a purchase, I don’t know how that would work,” Davis said. “Whatever costs are attached must be taken care of somehow. If there’s a price to that land, that goes toward an increased cost of a stadium.”

The Raiders and the JPA are committed toward keeping the Raiders in town, and this lease extension affords a little more time to work on a permanent solution.

“I don’t think this gives us a sense of relaxation,” Alameda County supervisor Scott Haggerty said. “There is a sense or urgency to continue to move forward and try to get this done. Mark won’t accept anything less that moving full speed ahead to get a stadium deal done.”
http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/davis-tied-our-hands-behind-our-back-regarding-stadium

Hindl

Kinda. The gameplay is just really good, but they definitely hit a point where it's obvious they ran out of time. That said, you will continue to unlock different missions as you go along. And you could always build new weapons and try a different playstyle too. The game is great, but starts losing steam around 20-25 hours for me

There is still time for Bradford to come back.

Black flag is the best AC game by far, if you liked AC 1 and 2 start with that.
Yeah maybe. Latest rumor I saw was his contract would be closer to 16-18M. That's a lot better, if he's willing to come back for 16M I'd take that in a heartbeat and draft someone like Prescott in the 3rd. Build up the O Line and get depth in the draft, and draft raw backup QBs in the later rounds to sit and learn while we give Bradford more time to prove something. If it doesn't work out, we send him out in 2-3 years and hopefully the QB developed. Our offensive coaches definitely look built for developing a QB

I thought so and its a name I've seen floated by a few Giants fans as a potential FA target. The Giants are desperate for a slot corner. It's been a gaping hole for years now. Rolle used to move into the slot for us and did a serviceable job at best when he was around and then we signed Thurmond to fill in but he lasted all but 2 games before he was out for the season and then went off to Philly.

There's some questions surrounding the #2 corner on the team as well if they don't resign Prince. We need depth at corner badly.
Boykin will be a Giant. I'm sure of it.

I gave up drinking for a couple months now that football season is over... and this is all I feel

IowBSQ3.gif

Diablo and Divinity are wildly different games.

I've blasted through Diablo III with my sons on the PC, played some online on the 360 with them and my brother (couch co-op kinda sucks because when someone wants to check inventory it pretty much shuts everyone on the couch down). When the expansion came out, I picked that up and played through the whole game again as the Crusader, maxing him out at Level 70.

In short, it's a real-time, hack-and-slash battle system with tons of loot, but it's pretty thin on the story. "Hey, there's evil afoot! Go kill everything that moves using interesting spells and incredible weapons!"

Divinity, on the other hand, is a turn-based role playing game, where you control a party, and while there's a story you can skip it and just go adventuring (though you can get into some pretty messy "oh shit how far back did I save" moments if you go too far afield before you're leveled up).

tl;dr - Diablo if you want to just hack away like crazy; Divinity if you like to add some strategy to your gameplay.

You're not an alcoholic until you start trying to quit drinking.

Bad move hombre

Pretty much. My wife is having some friends over from work, and this would typically be the perfect "Ohh, sure, have fun, I'm gonna get a pizza & beer" night. But god knows I can't just go to the bar and get a pizza.

I can buy it online if it's cheap enough. I have $20 gift card for PSN that I got through magic.

BG, MRSA, you, and I will fight for justice and the American Way.

PS4 is 25 bucks, it's the ultimate edition...whatever that means.

Diablo and Divinity are wildly different games.

I've blasted through Diablo III with my sons on the PC, played some online on the 360 with them and my brother (couch co-op kinda sucks because when someone wants to check inventory it pretty much shuts everyone on the couch down). When the expansion came out, I picked that up and played through the whole game again as the Crusader, maxing him out at Level 70.

In short, it's a real-time, hack-and-slash battle system with tons of loot, but it's pretty thin on the story. "Hey, there's evil afoot! Go kill everything that moves using interesting spells and incredible weapons!"

Divinity, on the other hand, is a turn-based role playing game, where you control a party, and while there's a story you can skip it and just go adventuring (though you can get into some pretty messy "oh shit how far back did I save" moments if you go too far afield before you're leveled up).

tl;dr - Diablo if you want to just hack away like crazy; Divinity if you like to add some strategy to your gameplay.

Is Divinity multiplayer too? Because that sounds fun, I'm also thinking of buying Fat Princess, I love four player dungeon crawlers.

Both are 24 on psn Flash sale. But thinking I might get divinity
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1183515

I might get Divinity too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom