• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I had a love hate relationship with that show, mostly hate. They had some really cool eps like the razor mini series I believe ..and then just a lot of shit I didn't care for.

You'll never guess who the secret Cylons are!
Everybody with a speaking role in the show.

Man, this show was transcendent when it started. Of all the TV disappointments, the way this shit the bed is among the tops. Other notables:

- Firefly getting one one season
- Better off Ted only getting two seasons and no resolution
- HIMYM going on for about 3 seasons too long
- Lost not even bothering to pretend it had a plan
- Heroes. All of it.

Firefly really hurt and I still can't watch any HIMYM, they ruined that entire show

I had a love hate relationship with that show, mostly hate. They had some really cool eps like the razor mini series I believe ..and then just a lot of shit I didn't care for.

I had just finished Star Trek TNG and heard how great BG was....what a let down, I'm watching DS9 right now and at least that's been great so far

You'll never guess who the secret Cylons are!
Everybody with a speaking role in the show.

So fucken stupid

Two Hard Ass NFL Thugs Comparing Notes

Guion: I once bet up a chick

Peterson: I stuffed leaves in my own toddlers mouth and beat him with a weapon until his scrotum exploded

Guion: I......like weed

Peterson: Hey, what was my sons name again?

Don't have to convince me AP is a POS

I really loved the first couple season of Battlestar when the Cylons & their motivations were still a mystery. But then they had to go all spiritual like so many shows do these days. I don't get why so many shows go after the big unanswerable cosmic questions

eznark

Banned
CbbPeLoW0AE0JG8.jpg:large

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Firefly really hurt and I still can't watch any HIMYM, they ruined that entire show

So fucken stupid

Yeah, honestly, I haven't watched Firefly since the initial DVD campaign to bring it back. I watched Serenity, of course. But I can't go back. It stings. The show had so much promise. I was like that for Ted, too, but I went back. I've made peace with the heartless fucks who canceled that one.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So battlestar galactica, I really wanted to like that show but after season 3 I just couldn't finish it

You're a bad person and should feel bad. The only thing that sucked about that show was the very last episode.

Man, this show was transcendent when it started. Of all the TV disappointments, the way this shit the bed is among the tops. Other notables:

- Firefly getting one one season
- Better off Ted only getting two seasons and no resolution
- HIMYM going on for about 3 seasons too long
- Lost not even bothering to pretend it had a plan
- Heroes. All of it.

Watching through Firefly with the girlfriend recently. Honestly, one season and a movie isn't the end of the world. If it didn't have the movie, then it'd be awful.

Heroes on the other hand should have ended after one season.

Letroy Guion signed a three year $0 deal. What a great guy!

Just saw the details and he's practically working for cash under the table. Amazing.

Hindl

I really loved the first couple season of Battlestar when the Cylons & their motivations were still a mystery. But then they had to go all spiritual like so many shows do these days. I don't get why so many shows go after the big unanswerable cosmic questions

It's an easy way to keep viewer's invested I guess. They keep coming back because they want the answer to the question, and it's an easy plot device. Only problem is most shows don't think that shit out.

Lol

eznark

Banned
Well, that Guion contract might be less humorous. Andy Brandt is saying the $500k IS a signing bonus and not a roster bonus. Still makes him stupid cheap and riskless, but no longer $0 if Brandt is right and everyone else is wrong. I'd go with Brandt every time.

It's an easy way to keep viewer's invested I guess. They keep coming back because they want the answer to the question, and it's an easy plot device. Only problem is most shows don't think that shit out.

Exactly. I feel like the best shows don't even go into that hokey spiritual stuff though. 90% of Mad Men is typical office drama or personal melodrama, and it's the GOAT because of the writing. Gaius Baltar didn't need to be Jesus Christ, etc etc

Greg

Was Lost like Dexter in that it was amazing the first few seasons and then turned into a comedy?
I finished Dexter, sadly... those last couple seasons went past the so bad it's good category into straight terrible

gave up on Lost a few seasons in

Drakeon

Was Lost like Dexter in that it was amazing the first few seasons and then turned into a comedy?

It did not end as badly as Dexter, but it didn't end on a high note either.

Hard to top Dexter for shitting on fans in just the worst ways possible with that last few seasons.

I finished Dexter, sadly... those last couple seasons went past the so bad it's good category into straight terrible

gave up on Lost a few seasons in
I watched all of Dexter , it was a interesting experience. Fuck you Jak
Season 1 spoiler
i thought the whole ice truck killer being Dexters brother came out of nowhere, their was no foreshadowing really. It was dumb
Series spoiler
they kind of made Deb unintentionally a tragic character

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I heard Dutch girls are pretty fucking hot but not impressed by Americans.

The incest thing doesn't surprise me at all. They sound pretty evil to me.

Google shows that there are lots of hot ones but that they have the same problem as Germany where lots of them also look really masculine in the face.

squicken

Catching up on some Mock Drafts. So now Goff, Wentz and Lynch are gone before Houston picks? Is Hackenberg inevitably going to Houston?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
so good

the show's consistency is why I take it over The Sopranos and The Wire... not the highest of highs, but it never lets up

There are a number of bad episodes of the Sopranos. The worst one that I recall is where Tony has fever dreams for an entire episode in bed. Who thought that was good television?

bionic77

Google shows that there are lots of hot ones but that they have the same problem as Germany where lots of them also look really masculine in the face.
Just what I heard bro.

I don't claim to be an expert in Euros. I have been to England enough but the chicks there are kind of eh. A lot of them are DTF though but unfortunately for them and myself I have pretty good vision with the glasses on.

The Wire is the best tv show I have seen. I have not seen GOT yet though I did read the books.

Good morning everyone

They're still up as far as I know.

Really? I was unaware of that. That's cool.

Floy what have they done to you? You and the fam ok? If I decide to stop hoarding shit maybe I'll send you something in Diablo.

Life broke me down BG and spit me up. My family is okay. I might play some today depending on what happens with errands today.

Lost was amazing.

Flawed but such an amazing journey. And the highs were so fucking good. One of my favorite tv shows.

I agree Bionic. The characters were awesome in the show and that is what made you want to watch and see what happens.

Pretty much what most people think, yeah.

The Wire was a pretty good show

I would try and watch. But people say it will make me hate Law & Order after watching it. I don't want to hate Law & Order.

as long as we all agree that The Shield is GOAT

That's not how you spell Breaking Bad. Also never saw the Shield. Wish that it was on Netflix.

I watched all of Dexter , it was a interesting experience. Fuck you Jak
Season 1 spoiler
i thought the whole ice truck killer being Dexters brother came out of nowhere, their was no foreshadowing really. It was dumb
Series spoiler
they kind of made Deb unintentionally a tragic character

That's how the books went BG. Although there are some differences like
Dexter let's his brother live and the Cuban Detective (can't remember her name) who wants his head ends up dead. Brian becomes cool later and helps Dexter out of a jam in one of the books.

And Deb kind of becomes a tragic character in that in
she becomes pregnant and is abandoned by the father after Brian saves Dexter and Deb

MechDX

Catching up on some Mock Drafts. So now Goff, Wentz and Lynch are gone before Houston picks? Is Hackenberg inevitably going to Houston?

Who knows at this point. No leaks, no media types with "sources" just some vague comments from McNair. Yesterday Allbright speculated the Texans would make a run at Osweiler if he gets to free agency but I dont think he has any evidence just his opinion.

As usual the organization has everything on lockdown and the only thing I have really seen is that they will be spending in free agency.

Imagine a show about an ever increasing series of mysteries. And then the show ends and none of them are solved. Lost.

I have heard a lot of complaints about lost through out the years but I have never heard anyone before say that they didnt answer enough questions. I really felt like that show answered everything, even things that it would have been better off leaving open. I really feel like they were so worried about people freaking out and saying that they were just making it up that they went crazy over board. The last season sucked so much because it felt like they were going down a check list.

Bradford is going to Houston

Please dont let this be true. I will be so upset if mech gets Bradford. Houston fans dont deserve him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom