• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

Get hype!!

I still have to buy it, might not be able to play much of it for a couple weeks.... :(

I had to get it shipped, it won't arrive until Feb 29th...

But but but he wasn't a captain!

Keep hearing good things about Dak Prescott

Yeah same. I wouldn't mind taking him in the 3-4 and having him sit for a bit. I just think there's too much talent at the top of the draft to take a QB that early when they're all so raw anyway.

The last 3 SB champs won because of their defense. All 3 had shit to subpar qbs (with one bitchass cheater thrown in for good measure).

The age of the qb is over. A new age of Dilfers, Johnsons and Mannings is here.

Focus on your defense in the draft. Your qb only has one job now. No TO's. This is the football I grew up. And its back baby! Just like the dunk contest!

You mean you came to your senses.

Can I get all 3 for $65 at Best Buy? I have to stop there to pick up my new 3DS.

I was gonna get it eventually just folded because of a deal. Yeah I got it at Best Buy they had an offer where if you got the combo pack of the two games, that third DLC story is $5 off. And GCU applies to the combo pack so it's $51 for the pack and $15 for the DLC plus tax

MechDX

I don't see any of those teams Squicken mentioned taking a QB in the first except maybe Chicago. They all have franchise guys And should take impact players in the first round.

The second round is another story. One of the reason I don't believe Hack or Cook will be there for the Texans second round pick. Have to take one of those two at pick 22 or basically get nothing

gutshot

You should audition for Dave Spadaro's job.

Why even keep any of the scouts if you have all their information? Why doesn't every team just fire their scouts since they have the "information" and can run the draft by their captologist?

I expected Doug to clean house and hire new personnel people. But Doug is not in charge of shit. Howie is. And after their failed attempt to bring in a respected outside personnel guy they threw out the bullshit excuse that teams don't let go of their scouts or personnel people until after the draft. Yet the Eagles just let go of one One of the only few remaining.

But that's right nothing to worry about Howie got everything under control. Can't wait for the next Marcus Smith or Danny Watkins in the first round!

This dude's primary job responsibility was handling "day-to-day scheduling and organization of the scouting efforts for college all-star games, the NFL Combine as well as on-campus visits." He's a glorified secretary. No one would even have known or cared he was fired if it wasn't for some random website reporting it like it was BREAKING NEWS.

eznark

Banned
Stuff I have read has him as a first round QB. There seems to be some thought that some of the teams with older QBs might take a QB in this draft, even in the first round. Not all of them, but DAL, SD, CHI or NYG

I agree with you about Cook. He has the build and can make the throws. It really seems the maturity thing is the issue, but it's more about being another Jay Cutler than Johnny Manziel

I have a feeling he is going to plummet coming out of combine interviews. But there will probably be one team that likes his physicals and will take him anyway in the first.

bionic77

I had to get it shipped, it won't arrive until Feb 29th...

Yeah same. I wouldn't mind taking him in the 3-4 and having him sit for a bit. I just think there's too much talent at the top of the draft to take a QB that early when they're all so raw anyway.

I was gonna get it eventually just folded because of a deal. Yeah I got it at Best Buy they had an offer where if you got the combo pack of the two games, that third DLC story is $5 off. And GCU applies to the combo pack so it's $51 for the pack and $15 for the DLC plus tax
Stupid question.

What is GCU?

MRSA

Banned
The last 3 SB champs won because of their defense. All 3 had shit to subpar qbs (with one bitchass cheater thrown in for good measure).

The age of the qb is over. A new age of Dilfers, Johnsons and Mannings is here.

Focus on your defense in the draft. Your qb only has one job now. No TO's. This is the football I grew up. And its back baby! Just like the dunk contest!

You mean you came to your senses.

Can I get all 3 for $65 at Best Buy? I have to stop there to pick up my new 3DS.

Best Buy can't even ship mine out I preordered 3 months ago. Amazon had a restock at like 1am, 20% off with Prime.

GCU is Best Buy's rewards program you pay $30 for 2 years. 20% off games and preorder bonuses. Amazon match it with Prime. Except Prime only applies to preorders and games 2 weeks within release date.

Greatest DB of all time, Champ was a better CB than him. Woodson could play any spot in the backfield and exceed.

Champ could have played safety if he hadn't hurt his foot. He was a great tackler. If you were to have an argument about whether Deion Sanders is better than Champ, it would likely come down to whether you think a corner back should be a good tackler.

Stuff I have read has him as a first round QB. There seems to be some thought that some of the teams with older QBs might take a QB in this draft, even in the first round. Not all of them, but DAL, SD, CHI or NYG
The Giants moved up to grab Nassib a few years ago. I don't see them grabbing another QB in this draft.

squicken

Champ could have played safety if he hadn't hurt his foot. He was a great tackler. If you were to have an argument about whether Deion Sanders is better than Champ, it would likely come down to whether you think a corner back should be a good tackler.

If all three were in a draft as rookies, Deion goes first. He's the best one

The way a real cornerback tackles:

kojLzEJ.jpg

If all three were in a draft as rookies, Deion goes first. He's the best one

It still comes down to whether you think a corner should be a good tackler. If you want a guy to be able to shut down the number one guy and help on run defense, you would not choose Deion over either one of them.

If you want a guy that can shut down the number one receiver and return kicks/punts, you take Deion.

MechDX

It still comes down to whether you think a corner should be a good tackler. If you want a guy to be able to shut down the number one guy and help on run defense, you would not choose Deion over either one of them.

If you want a guy that can shut down the number one receiver and return kicks/punts, you take Deion.

I'm.of the opinion that if you're depending on a CB to be a sure run defender you have bigger issues on your front 7

I keep seeing people hyping Josh Gordon on teams other than the Browns. He is still under contract with them correct? Is there rumors they will release him?

bionic77

Fuck the Gamers Club.

At my age that is not the kind of club I want to pay to be a part of.

I will just pay retail. Like a grown ass man.

I'm.of the opinion that if you're depending on a CB to be a sure run defender you have bigger issues on your front 7

OK. I'm of the opinion that if you are in the position to draft either one of those guys, your team is dog shit.

Also, take a look at the Super Bowl. There was one time where Cam broke the pocket and looked to have a big play in front of him. Who shut him down for a 2 yard gain?

Chris Harris Jr.

Even the best defenses have times where the runner breaks containment.

Fuck the Gamers Club.

Amazon Prime lets you get games that are up to two weeks old at 20 percent off. As a grown ass man, you should have Amazon Prime.

MRSA

Banned
Fuck the Gamers Club.

I paid $5 for mine so I don't mind, I probably won't renew since Amazon matched it. Especially with this latest fuck up by BB.

I will say Deion was the best cover CB of all time. It was a known commodity that you could run a sweep to his side for a few extra yards.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I paid $5 for mine so I don't mind, I probably won't renew since Amazon matched it. Especially with this latest fuck up by BB.

I will say Deion was the best cover CB of all time. It was a known commodity that you could run a sweep to his side for a few extra yards.

What fuck up?

In today's game, it really helps if a corner can tackle. Not only in the run game but in the pass game. Corners are relied on to tackle players on wide receiver screens and passes to running backs out of the backfield. There are also a ton of three, four and five receiver looks where the primary target is a guy underneath, which requires corners to break off their guy to make a tackle.

There are a ton of reasons to want a corner to tackle well outside of support in the running game.

bionic77

Amazon Prime lets you get games that are up to two weeks old at 20 percent off. As a grown ass man, you should have Amazon Prime.
I am a grown ass man that doesn't want to leave the house to buy shit so of course I have Amazon Prime.

Now that Amazon charges sales tax I am not sure if it is really worth it (I don't buy games as a rule) but it is so convenient that I can't stop using it.

Pepiope

Don't be trying to pawn your shit on to us. Bradford deserves a good team like the eagles to sign him

No Bradford allowed here. Eagles can pay all the damn money they want and keep him.
You guys should be happy you get to have Bradford.

I am a grown ass man that doesn't want to leave the house to buy shit so of course I have Amazon Prime.

Now that Amazon charges sales tax I am not sure if it is really worth it (I don't buy games as a rule) but it is so convenient that I can't stop using it.
Same day delivery is amazing. Ordering something and receiving it within 12 hours is too good.

As a grown ass man with a wife, I get a ton of use out of Amazon Prime. My wife buys EVERYTHING off of Amazon. The other day I got home to a 50 pound box of canned goods. I asked her why we needed 50 pounds of canned goods and she said, "Amazon Pantry has free shipping on anything up to 50 pounds."

Can't argue with that logic.

Gata gonna be digging around in his closet soon trying to find a Jags jersey.

He'll buy a new one and keep the tag on it.

Greg

Because there is a long and storied history of building teams through free agency.....

Hopefully this is the kick start Ted Thompson needs to actually pursue free agents.

lol
I just want less dealing with FA in Madden 17

this is the off-season - I don't care about real football!

Only train I'm on is Dat Savage Train!

NickCageConAir.gif

I just think the Cook not a captain thing is overblown. He is also probably the most pro ready QB in this draft. Not the best mind you but the most ready to step in quickly.

Bob has some fascination with players from MSU like Kubiak had with players from Colorado St. so don't count him out

I would firmly be on the Wentz Express except the Cleve is going to draft him and ruin him.
The captain thing didn't seem like a big deal to me at First. But it appears a lot of his teammates might straight hate him.

On Dak, from everything you usually say I wouldn't think he's a BoB guy.

On Wentz I'm honestly surprised your hyping him up so much. Probably has the least experience of all the guys. About 600 total career passes. All the stuff seems interesting about him though, but idk if I'm riding him as hard as you are haha. I'm a Goff guy mostly, wouldn't be mad at Wentz though. I'll trust the guy hue wants.

On hackenberg, don't hype him up. Just don't friend.

Get on the Ohio state Qb: Cormega Jonabush train

I keep seeing people hyping Josh Gordon on teams other than the Browns. He is still under contract with them correct? Is there rumors they will release him?
Haha it's just random fans tweeting at him. If you show him love about him playing for your team he'll pretty much like any of it on Twitter. He's not going anywhere, he's still under contract for 2 years I believe. He's actually training with Haden now

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
As a grown ass man with a wife, I get a ton of use out of Amazon Prime. My wife buys EVERYTHING off of Amazon. The other day I got home to a 50 pound box of canned goods. I asked her why we needed 50 pounds of canned goods and she said, "Amazon Pantry has free shipping on anything up to 50 pounds."

Can't argue with that logic.

This is the best thing written in this entire thread. Thank you for making me actually laugh out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom