• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
detroit-lions-playoff-banner.jpg

minx

Is there a reason why they're not going to try and resign Matt Forte? Cap space? Something else that they'll quietly sweep under the rug?

Oh good, that thread title changed. Whew, that would've gone south real fast, ROFL

Because they have two good running backs on rookie contacts. Cap space needs to be spent of defense and OL.

Pepiope

HAHAHAAHA WTF is there anyone even left in the FO?

Howie is doing all the scouting by himself? This draft is going to be a disaster especially if he alone is going to pick the franchise QB. WTF? He wasn't even scouting this past year.

Dear god this is terrible. And just the other day their excuse for not hiring a new personnel head was that teams won't let them pry away top guys until after the draft. So in return they are releasing guys they have in house to be even more depleted?

This guy was probably a Chip guy and Howie is hell bent to remove any person who might have even liked Chip.
Most of the information that scout had is still ours for this draft, and you had to expect that Doug would clean house. A lot more scouting moves to come after the draft. Trust in Howie.

effzee

Most of the information that scout had is still ours for this draft, and you had to expect that Doug would clean house. A lot more scouting moves to come after the draft. Trust in Howie.

You should audition for Dave Spadaro's job.

Why even keep any of the scouts if you have all their information? Why doesn't every team just fire their scouts since they have the "information" and can run the draft by their captologist?

I expected Doug to clean house and hire new personnel people. But Doug is not in charge of shit. Howie is. And after their failed attempt to bring in a respected outside personnel guy they threw out the bullshit excuse that teams don't let go of their scouts or personnel people until after the draft. Yet the Eagles just let go of one One of the only few remaining.

But that's right nothing to worry about Howie got everything under control. Can't wait for the next Marcus Smith or Danny Watkins in the first round!

Pepiope

You should audition for Dave Spadaro's job.

Why even keep any of the scouts if you have all their information? Why doesn't every team just fire their scouts since they have the "information" and can run the draft by their captologist?

I expected Doug to clean house and hire new personnel people. But Doug is not in charge of shit. Howie is. And after their failed attempt to bring in a respected outside personnel guy they threw out the bullshit excuse that teams don't let go of their scouts or personnel people until after the draft. Yet the Eagles just let go of one One of the only few remaining.

But that's right nothing to worry about Howie got everything under control. Can't wait for the next Marcus Smith or Danny Watkins in the first round!
Because some guys you want long term, so you don't just fire them war after year. If this guy isn't a long term solution then there isn't much of a reason to hold onto him. Most of his work for this draft is already complete anyway.

There's not a single move Howie's done this off-season that I've hated. I'm not buying into the media's hate for this guy. He deserves a fair shot, and he's getting one.

Good morning friends, enemies, degenerates, Gata

Don't think I didn't see RBH talking foolish on the last page. Why are you so angry friend?

But Tebow tells us to turn the other cheek so I will. Big, beautiful, Mexican cheek

VgBw4y.gif

eznark

Banned
Best player on Lions defense ends his career with a sack dance and kas says "#werth" because they won a meaningless game.

The Most Kas

brentech

Hoping to see Charles Woodson on TV as a talking head next year....of course, this is assuming he has the acumen for it.

BRISTOL, Conn. -- Charles Woodson has a new role in pro football: NFL analyst for ESPN.

ESPN announced Thursday that the recently retired defensive back has been hired to work as an analyst on Sunday NFL Countdown and Monday Night Countdown.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14799714/charles-woodson-hired-espn-nfl-analyst
11+Overly+Excited.gif

eznark

Banned
Gotcha. Wasn't trying to say "old news" just couldn't remember if that was some other guy I was thinking of. But yeah, Woodson in and Keyshawn out makes it hard to not switch from NFLN to ESPN.

squicken

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29533551/peyton-manning-taking-time-decision-which-will-impact

When Manning makes his move, the hard work begins, littered with questions. Can the Broncos agree on a deal with Osweiler without rancor? It is a complicated equation. Osweiler has earned the right to test the open market, and I am sure his representatives would prefer Kirk Cousins signs to establish another loose comparable. It's likely Osweiler will require a three-year deal, if not four.

Knowing Elway he has a number in mind between $11 and $17 million annually. He's brilliant at delaying decisions until they must be made, and has shown discipline to walk away when a move is not in the best interests of the 53-man puzzle.

Why would they pay him that when he couldn't beat out busted old noodle armed and danger to his own team Peyton Manning?

squicken

Who is the Kirk Cousins of this draft? Someone who can start in the league but won't get drafted until the 3rd round. A guy I really like is Brandon Allen out of Arkansas. He's on the smaller side, though, and has really small hands. So I think he's more like a Chase Daniel than Cousins as far as ceiling.

eznark

Banned
Who is the Kirk Cousins of this draft? Someone who can start in the league but won't get drafted until the 3rd round. A guy I really like is Brandon Allen out of Arkansas. He's on the smaller side, though, and has really small hands. So I think he's more like a Chase Daniel than Cousins as far as ceiling.

Connor Cook

Real Answer:
Joel Stave

Spoiler:
Stave is not the real answer

MechDX

Are you riding the cook wagon?

Only train I'm on is Dat Savage Train!

NickCageConAir.gif

I just think the Cook not a captain thing is overblown. He is also probably the most pro ready QB in this draft. Not the best mind you but the most ready to step in quickly.

Bob has some fascination with players from MSU like Kubiak had with players from Colorado St. so don't count him out

I would firmly be on the Wentz Express except the Cleve is going to draft him and ruin him.

squicken

Connor Cook

Real Answer:
Joel Stave

Spoiler:
Stave is not the real answer

Stuff I have read has him as a first round QB. There seems to be some thought that some of the teams with older QBs might take a QB in this draft, even in the first round. Not all of them, but DAL, SD, CHI or NYG

I agree with you about Cook. He has the build and can make the throws. It really seems the maturity thing is the issue, but it's more about being another Jay Cutler than Johnny Manziel

bionic77

I would draft a QB the first 4 rounds.

:p
The last 3 SB champs won because of their defense. All 3 had shit to subpar qbs (with one bitchass cheater thrown in for good measure).

The age of the qb is over. A new age of Dilfers, Johnsons and Mannings is here.

Focus on your defense in the draft. Your qb only has one job now. No TO's. This is the football I grew up. And its back baby! Just like the dunk contest!

Friends I folded and ordered Fire emblem. Can't pass up all 3 for $65
You mean you came to your senses.

Can I get all 3 for $65 at Best Buy? I have to stop there to pick up my new 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom