• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.
lKk1yCv.gif

Congrats Broncos fans!!!

Not even sure why we are having a Super Bowl, Browns already have the 32nd pick. A good player is sure to drop.
The owner wanted him off the draft board in 2014. Pretty sure he'll go to Dallas but I don't think he has the heart/desire to be good. His career goal is to be a Kardashian
He needs a reality check. I don't even know how serious he is about football anymore. I kinda hope the market is shit for him, so he can re-evaluate his decisions.

MechDX

Who else?

Brad.
bread

Man looking at cap situations for certain teams and the Pats are not in great shape:

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-england-patriots

Only 3 million under new cap and not a lot of savings vs. dead money in the right ratio

Jeez! Romo's deal with Dallas has a big of a hit as Brees does with the Saints and they can not save anything by releasing him

EDIT2: Miami is OVER the projected 2016 cap before the new season even starts by 9 million

Brad.
bread

Man looking at cap situations for certain teams and the Pats are not in great shape:

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-england-patriots

Only 3 million under new cap and not a lot of savings vs. dead money in the right ratio
I think they will have some room, cap going up again this year..i think it's a $10m increase, also the Raiders who already looks like a up and coming team with the projected new cap will have 72 mil in cap space...DAMN

MRSA

Banned
Raiders will gain 5.5 million alone by cutting that bum Curtis Lofton. I think Lee Smith (2.75 million) will be on the chopping block as well; Nate Allen (5 million) is lucky we have no safeties.

I'd extend Carr and Mack at this point with front loaded contracts, they can hold off on Mack because of his 5th year team option.

MechDX

I think they will have some room, cap going up again this year..i think it's a $10m increase, also the Raiders who already looks like a up and coming team with the projected new cap will have 72 mil in cap space...DAMN

New cap is projected at $153 million, maybe a slight bump higher. Bills, Saints and Dolphins already over the projected cap. Seattle is actually in decent shape and can save 9 million more with no dead money by releasing graham at TE

Raiders will gain 5.5 million alone by cutting that bum Curtis Lofton. I think Lee Smith (2.75 million) will be on the chopping block as well; Nate Allen (5 million) is lucky we have no safeties.

Raiders are already at 58 million below the new cap but i dont think it will matter too much. With the cap rising and most teams in good to great shape most the prime free agents wont even hit the open market IMO.

the question I have about the Raiders is does Davis actually, physically have the money to pay these salaries?

MRSA

Banned
Some FAs I hope the Raiders target:

Muhammad Wilkerson DE NYJ
Danny Trevathan MLB DEN
Malik Jackson DE DEN
Lamar Miller RB MIA
Eric Weddle FS SD
Janoris Jenkins CB STL/LA

Eric Berry won't make FA and Josh Norman even with all his hype is a strictly zone CB. I'd probably make a push for Doug Martin if the price is right, same with Chris Ivory but RBs are a dime a dozen.

Besides that, COME HOME MARSHAWN

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Cross post from the CC thread that was closed:

1.) Cam Newton - Panthers
2.) Von Miller - Broncos

3.) Marcell Dareus - Bills
4.) AJ Green - Bengals
5.) Patrick Peterson - Cardinals
6.) Julio Jones - Falcons
7.) Aldon Smith - 49ers

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?season=2011

Not included: JJ Watt, Robert Quinn, Mike Pouncey, Ryan Kerrigan, Justin Huston *ahem* Nick Fairley and plenty others.

#1 vs. #2 Super Bowl matchup between Cam and Von.

11-13 wins, yawn

In the same division as the Lions? Nope.

Beach

I'd extend Carr and Mack at this point with front loaded contracts, they can hold off on Mack because of his 5th year team option.
I think Smith stays a year because Walford can't block yet and he's a decent enforcer which we really don't have on the team.

Mack and Carr will get there money next offseason. Mack will probabaly want a duplicate of Von's so we'll get a good look at how much he costs.

It's a nice thing that we don't have to worry about position players for a couple of years as at least. Maybe get Latavius a compliment back but that's it.

We'll be able to resign Penn for a couple of years at a good price since other big named LTs will be available.

Eric Weddle is flawed but he would be a perfect fit with the team along with a CB like Sean Smith.

Biggest needs: DBs of any kind, Linebackers, a future LT

MRSA

Banned
Raiders are already at 58 million below the new cap but i dont think it will matter too much. With the cap rising and most teams in good to great shape most the prime free agents wont even hit the open market IMO.

the question I have about the Raiders is does Davis actually, physically have the money to pay these salaries?

Mark Davis allegedly has $400 million in assets, which I'm sure he can leverage to pay his players along with the 49% owners. This Raiders resurgence also increased revenue, no black outs and merchandise sold.

I'm in the camp that doesn't like Sean Smith, he's a big physical DB but gets burned way too much.

Fantomex

Some FAs I hope the Raiders target:

Muhammad Wilkerson DE NYJ
Danny Trevathan MLB DEN
Malik Jackson DE DEN
Lamar Miller RB MIA
Eric Weddle FS SD
Janoris Jenkins CB STL/LA

Eric Berry won't make FA and Josh Norman even with all his hype is a strictly zone CB. I'd probably make a push for Doug Martin if the price is right, same with Chris Ivory but RBs are a dime a dozen.

Besides that, COME HOME MARSHAWN

Are you Clevelands GM? You have a knack for evaluating talent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom